Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4141 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

Well, here's a new bug. I have arrived in Nashkel and rested inside the local inn. No dream, no new powers. Since then, I've rested several times in Beregost, in Nashkel and at the Friendly Arm Inn. Still nothing. My weidu log is still https://www.sendspace.com/file/n0pbag.

Has anyone seen this bug before?

What is the bug?

The first dream is after you cleared the mines, right?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4142 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

What is the bug?

Well... no... :)

Edit : the 1st dream is when you rest (1 of the 1st rests) after arriving Nashkel (you also get your 1st "divine" ability).

Edited by Fouinto, 04 August 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#4143 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:52 AM

Well, here's a new bug. I have arrived in Nashkel and rested inside the local inn. No dream, no new powers. Since then, I've rested several times in Beregost, in Nashkel and at the Friendly Arm Inn. Still nothing. My weidu log is still https://www.sendspace.com/file/n0pbag.

What is the bug?

The dreams start at the beginning of each chapter. Chapter 2 starts when the party reaches Nashkel for the first time.

#4144 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:00 AM

del

Edited by Moloch., 04 August 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#4145 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

What is the bug?

Well... no... :)

Edit : the 1st dream is when you rest (1 of the 1st rests) after arriving Nashkel (you also get your 1st "divine" ability).

What is the bug?

The dreams start at the beginning of each chapter. Chapter 2 starts when the party reaches Nashkel for the first time.

Yes you are right.

Mulahey dream is already the second.

There is one before

*You do not dream often, but tonight the visions are vivid indeed....*

They are no longer triggered by player1d.bcs in the EE games. Makes it hard to find the issue.

Just to confirm

- the movie when entering Nashkel or Carneval was shown

- C:GetGlobal("chapter","global") returns 2

Edited by Roxanne, 04 August 2017 - 02:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4146 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

Has this latest bug been found also on a minimal mod install? I mean EET and required components only.

#4147 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

Update: I have shied from resting OUTSIDE so far, for two reasons

i) I thought I needed to rest inside to trigger the dream
ii) I want to defeat Rhialto the Marvelous in his normal form and I'm not strong enough yet to do so.

But now I tried resting outside as a test, and SOMETIMES, the dream appears. Very weird. It never seems to appear inside (I tried 50+ times).

i) Upon entering Nashkel (and Beregost, and the Friendly Arm Inn, and the Gnoll Stronghold) the movie was regularly shown. No movie for the Carnival, though. Didn't know such a movie existed.
ii) I'm definitely in Chapter 2, and the console command posted above returns 2.
iii) I have not tried a minimal install yet.

Edited by Moloch., 04 August 2017 - 04:30 AM.

#4148 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

Update: I have shied from resting OUTSIDE so far, for two reasons

i) I thought I needed to rest inside to trigger the dream
ii) I want to defeat Rhialto the Marvelous in his normal form and I'm not strong enough yet to do so.

But now I tried resting outside as a test, and SOMETIMES, the dream appears. Very weird. It never seems to appear inside (I tried 50+ times).

i) Upon entering Nashkel (and Beregost, and the Friendly Arm Inn, and the Gnoll Stronghold) the movie was regularly shown. No movie for the Carnival, though. Didn't know such a movie existed.
ii) I'm definitely in Chapter 2, and the console command posted above returns 2.
iii) I have not tried a minimal install yet.

There is no movie for carnival, but the Nashkel movie (and chapter change) is shown either on entering Nashkel town or the carnival, whatever happens first.

Other question - does something else happen on those rests, like some NPC talking to you or some assault or whatever type of interuption?

One thing you can try

C:SetGlobal("wm_bgt","Global",2) before you rest your party.

Edited by Roxanne, 04 August 2017 - 05:01 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4149 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

There is no movie for carnival, but the Nashkel movie (and chapter change) is shown either on entering Nashkel town or the carnival, whatever happens first.
Other question - does something else happen on those rests, like some NPC talking to you or some assault or whatever type of interuption?

One thing you can try

The problem solved itself when I rested several times in a cave in the Gnoll Stronghold, and I got the dream. Still, I think I was supposed to get it when I rested for the first time in a city inn after the start of chapter 2.

By the way, I am officially still fucked. There is a dude named Allister that prevents me from accessing the part of the stronghold when Dynaheir is hidden.
If I try to engage him, he obliterates me.

I have a level 2/2 Fighter/Mage, Imoen (lvl4), Jaheira (lvl 3/3), Khalid (lvl4) and Minsc (lvl3).
I cannot go ahead and grind some more levels, because Minsc is recruited and if I don't rescue Dynaheir reasonably sure, he will turn on me.
So looks like I'll either have to temporarily drop Minsc or restart the game :(

BTW, I know that this Allister dude comes from a tactical mod, but a level 9/9 Mage/Thief (I looked him up in Shadowkeeper) seems a bit too much for the Gnoll Stronghold.

Edited by Moloch., 04 August 2017 - 06:19 AM.

#4150 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:29 AM

Ok, this is really strange. Is anybody aware of a mod that cause the following behaviour? Resting 8 hours in the open heals characters only for ONE hit point. Never read this in any mod or component description.

Edit: Ok, this is even stranger. After exit from FAI, resting behaves as normal.

2nd Edit: LOL, discard this post, please XD I wasn't used to not having a healer class and "rest until healed" XD

Edited by Blash2, 04 August 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#4151 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:33 AM

One thing you can try

The problem solved itself when I rested several times in a cave in the Gnoll Stronghold, and I got the dream. Still, I think I was supposed to get it when I rested for the first time in a city inn after the start of chapter 2.

By the way, I am officially still fucked. There is a dude named Allister that prevents me from accessing the part of the stronghold when Dynaheir is hidden.
If I try to engage him, he obliterates me.

I have a level 2/2 Fighter/Mage, Imoen (lvl4), Jaheira (lvl 3/3), Khalid (lvl4) and Minsc (lvl3).
I cannot go ahead and grind some more levels, because Minsc is recruited and if I don't rescue Dynaheir reasonably sure, he will turn on me.
So looks like I'll either have to temporarily drop Minsc or restart the game :(

BTW, I know that this Allister dude comes from a tactical mod, but a level 9/9 Mage/Thief (I looked him up in Shadowkeeper) seems a bit too much for the Gnoll Stronghold.

http://www.baldursga...hp?topic=4832.0 and the mod is clearly marked as such in BWS as well as Rhialto. You install all this and now flood this topic with your rant!

Find another topic to hijack.

The Sandrah Saga

#4152 Moloch.

Moloch.
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

Alright, I'll shut up.

#4153 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:00 AM

Just tested entering Nashkell, dream triggered as expected.

I want to report that editing SCS setup with Explorer Suite AND disabling "install in batches" in BWS allowed me to install all SCS components without a SINGLE error, hooray :D Anyway.. installed "Smarter mages": Gorion wins, end of game. Joking :)

Edited by Blash2, 04 August 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#4154 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

BWS still tells to open BGII and create a save game before installing the mods, but I think in EET this is no longer needed, because the cloud saves are downloaded automatically on every install.

Is that right? I'm asking because before last install I forgot to open the game and create a save, but BWS installed apparently without any sort of problems or errors.

#4155 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

BWS still tells to open BGII and create a save game before installing the mods, but I think in EET this is no longer needed, because the cloud saves are downloaded automatically on every install.

Is that right? I'm asking because before last install I forgot to open the game and create a save, but BWS installed apparently without any sort of problems or errors.

This is part of the code that is no longer maintained(maintainable and why BWS is reduced to keeping just the database updated and why it will expire sooner or later  BWS Status July2017 tries to explain it (though it should probably be updated to refelect that things are even worse today).

The Sandrah Saga

#4156 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:16 AM

Additional information: I have Beamdog versions of the games (no Steam, no GoG), and the My Documents folders are correctly populated with save games and lua from BG1 and BG2. EET starts just fine.

I read the link, but considering I'm starting a several months game, still want to be sure if everything is all right even if I didn't create a specifical new save game before last install. 

#4157 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

Additional information: I have Beamdog versions of the games (no Steam, no GoG), and the My Documents folders are correctly populated with save games and lua from BG1 and BG2. EET starts just fine.

I read the link, but considering I'm starting a several months game, still want to be sure if everything is all right even if I didn't create a specifical new save game before last install. 

Sounds like everything is set up nicely and nothing more to be bothered about. That part of BWS was created before stuff like cloud saves came into view.

Happy gaming

The Sandrah Saga

#4158 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:42 AM

Status of the BWS at end of July August 2017

- Attempt to clarify -

The BWS tool has two major components:

1) the tool itself, i.e. the software and GUI that do the job of constructing a modded game.

2) a database of configuration files for mods, download links, install sequences, conflicts and dependencies for various supported games.

Apart from this, BWS depends on two outside resources, over which BWS has no direct control::

3) Weidu

4) Fixpack

concerning 1)

In April, the last rremaining maintainer for BWS has made this announcement (http://www.shsforums...206#entry594820). The reasons for it are partly technical due tor BWS software itself and partly due to having no control over e.g. Weidu or other prerequisites (Alien has given his reasons in various posts, they are understandable and I will not repeat them here).

This means that the tool itself and its functionality will not further develop. Take it as a functional *freeze*. That does not mean BWS is dead, it only means whatever we do with it in the future has to be within the limits of what the tool currently can do.

Unless somebody with the required skills steps up OR a new tool is developped.

concerning 2)

Maintaining the living database for the various games within the limits outlined above is still possible and (partly) performed. This however requires teamwork and contribution. BWS is hosted on bitbucket (very similar to github) and is open to the public. Anyone can contribute, request updates, provide mods etc. You clone BWS to your PC, make changes, make a pull request - it will be accessed and checked and if everything is technically okay, it will be merged into the BWS and update it. All you need to know is published in the BWS readme that is in every download of BWS.

Currently only two one *subsets* of that database are actively maintained

- EET (BG2EE may at times participate from updates that fall out of EET maintenance) There are modders still updating their own mods for EET configurations following the procedure described above, but there is no overall maintainer

- PSTEE

This is done by volunteers from the modding community who have struggled to acquaint themselves with the topic and provide what they can within their limited skills.

Again, anybody with an interest to contribute or even *adopt* one of the other games (BGT, BG2, IWD...) is free to do so. In case, nobody does it, the status quo is preserved.

concerning 3)

You find any information you may seek on their forum.

concerning 4)

Fixpack is maintained independently which may lead to situations where it can be out of sync with BWS temporarily.

Currently some EET mods still require a fixpack patch to make them compatible. If modders update such a mod, they are supposed to include the EET patch - if they do not...there is nothing either EET or BWS can do, other than remove them from the selection, unless the modder has done some coordination with BWS.

I hope this summary makes the current status of BWS a bit more transparent.

This situation is considered to be temporary, i.e. when the activities summarised under 2) either stop or are expanded, the situation will improve or degrade.

The Sandrah Saga

#4159 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

Sounds like everything is set up nicely and nothing more to be bothered about. That part of BWS was created before stuff like cloud saves came into view.

Happy gaming

Thank you :)

#4160 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

During the fight with Tarnesh at the FAI, I cast Protection from Evil, then clicked on the "select all" button and the game froze.

I know that it is impossible to have a bug-free heavily modded game, and that it is very hard to find out what caused the issue, BUT, according to your opinion, what's most likely to have caused the issue? What kind of mod? Some animation related maybe? I remember having had the same problem two years ago with a BGT install, I didn't expect to experience the same considering the games are EE and most of the mods have been updated.