Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1161 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

@Argent77:

--spider is used to get the size and name of the download without downloading the file.
This check is done when testing / looking for available downloads and right before a download. It's just to get the name and size right so I get corrupted downloads that broke in the middle or updated file-information if a php-download points to a new version of a file.
If the file-check fails, I assume that downloading will fail, too.

If it's the same file (I guess it is...), we could use https://github.com/A...chive/v1.0.zip.

The output looks much better:
Spoiler

As you can see, the file is found and my function detects

DjinniCompanion-1.0.zip (-> filename)
22013781 (-> filesize)
0 ( -> no resume)

Edit: Meh, not exactly the same. Why can't nerds produce stuff that works with nerdy tools. :ermm:

Edited by dabus, 27 April 2015 - 12:26 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1162 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

New direct link for "Afaaq, the Djinni Companion": https://argent77.git...mpanion-v1.0.7z

(This one should work correctly with wget.)

#1163 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

I'd strongly advice against using this particular URL. It points to the current working set of the mod which isn't guaranteed to be perfectly stable all the time and makes bug reports very difficult.

Please use the link provided in my previous post for the moment. I'm trying to find a better solution in the meantime.

Edited by Argent77, 28 April 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#1164 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

That's a viable option. You'd have to wait for the next public release for it to work correctly though, because I have already pushed new fixes to the master branch.

In the meantime the direct link https://argent77.git...mpanion-v1.0.7z should work correctly.

Edited by Argent77, 28 April 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#1165 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yay, that return value looks very good, Thank you.

#1166 -ColonelFlag-

-ColonelFlag-

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

Hey guys,

I'm getting this error on the latest build (91a5014 ) when  i click on the "Choose Mods and Components" button (Tactic BWP Version)->

From the BSW_Trace file.

16: 388
16: 392
16: 393
16: 394
16: 401
16: 402
16: 403
16: 407
16: 408
16: 410
16: 414
16: 415
16: 416
16: 417
16: 418
D:\BG-BIG\BWS-Repo\BigWorldSetup-bigworldsetup-91a50140f2a4\BiG World Setup\Includes_Traced\16_Select-Tree.au3 (739) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:
$g_TreeviewItem[$cs][$cc] = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($Dsc, $g_TreeviewItem[$cs][$cc - $n])
$g_TreeviewItem[$cs][$cc] = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($Dsc, $g_TreeviewItem[$cs][^ ERROR

Cheers
ColonelFlag

#1167 wizardcorp

wizardcorp
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:11 AM

If I have a small homemade weidu mod containing a few custom kits, should I pause installation around the time other kit mods are being installed and add them in, or just wait til the end? (Ideally I'd like to add the kits so I can assign them to NPCs using the Level 1 NPCs mod, but it is not essential)

EDIT: Should probably mention that this is for a non-EE BG Trilogy megamod install

Edited by wizardcorp, 29 April 2015 - 04:13 AM.

#1168 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:42 AM

The Djinni Companion mod has been updated to v1.1.

From now on BWS can use the link https://github.com/A...hive/master.zip, which should always point to the latest stable version.

#1169 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:40 AM

I downloaded the EET branch and Animus: Sentinent weapon is available for a normal (non ee) BGT install. Intended or not? It seems to be only for EE but maybe I'm wrong?

TeamBG Armour Pack for BG2 used to be removed from BWS because it caused a crash (too long cre name) with BGT. Now it is back again. Intended or not? The mod itself does not seem to have been updated as far as I can tell.

BW Fixpack makes this mods compatible with BWP.

I'm getting this error on the latest build (91a5014 ) when  i click on the "Choose Mods and Components" button (Tactic BWP Version)

I can not repeat this error. Try again with new BWS.

If I have a small homemade weidu mod containing a few custom kits, should I pause installation around the time other kit mods are being installed and add them in, or just wait til the end? (Ideally I'd like to add the kits so I can assign them to NPCs using the Level 1 NPCs mod, but it is not essential)

EDIT: Should probably mention that this is for a non-EE BG Trilogy megamod install

The first variant: pause during kits installation and install your own kit mod.

The Djinni Companion mod has been updated to v1.1.

From now on BWS can use the link https://github.com/A...hive/master.zip, which should always point to the latest stable version.

Thanks, link updated.

#1170 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for the answers as usual Quiet. I had not considered that the BWP Fixpack would do that!

Is it the same for "The Queen, by Domi" (component of Romantic Encounters)?

Because it used to be marked as incompatable with the Kivan and Deheriana mod because of a bug. Now it is not marked anymore. Intended or not? 

#1171 wizardcorp

wizardcorp
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

The first variant: pause during kits installation and install your own kit mod.

This worked perfectly, thank you for your help.

#1172 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

Is it the same for "The Queen, by Domi" (component of Romantic Encounters)?

Because it used to be marked as incompatable with the Kivan and Deheriana mod because of a bug. Now it is not marked anymore. Intended or not? 

As I understand the problem occurs only when installing Kivan before RE. BWS offers to install Kivan after RE, so there should be no problem. If it is not correct, the conflict (and installation order) can be brought back.

#1173 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

//Currently, General Jedyan isn't spawned (TGCE1), had to clua him.
One year later, still the same: this block from TGC
IF
    GLOBAL("BW05_FFnESummoned","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
	    SetGlobal("BW05_FFnESummoned","GLOBAL",1)
 	    CreateCreature("BW05FFA1",[3418.1645],6)
 	    CreateCreature("BW05FFA1",[3444.1392],0)
  	    CreateCreature("BW05FFA3",[3737.1468],0)
	    CreateCreature("BW05FFGE",[3328.1435],2)
END
is added to ar7300 correctly, BW05_FFnESummoned global is 1 in my save game, yet there's no Jedyan or other characters from TGC at BG North, had to spawn them manually. I wonder if this global could have been set to 1 at some other map, preventing the spawn?

Edited by Creepin, 08 May 2015 - 09:03 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#1174 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

I just tried installing with latest EET download (but i'm using original BGT).

BWS claims 2 incompatibilities which has not been there before. I'm suspecting they are incorrect.

1. Polytweak -> Keep minsc a ranger vs. NPC kitpack -> change minscs title to rashemaar ranger.

Polytweak changes around minscs profiencies, and NPC kitpack only changes his title. They should be compatible, no?

2. Lost items -> Xan has sorcerer class vs. Xan NPC -> Change Xans class to sorcerer

Lost items changes BG1 Xan to sorcerer, while Xan NPC introduces a whole new Xan in BG2, and you can choose his class as sorcerer. This should not conflict right? In fact it should create continuity.

Or am I wrong?

Otherwise, how can I change this myself in the BWS so it will allow me to install them together?

#1175 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

Otherwise, how can I change this myself in the BWS so it will allow me to install them together?
You don't install any of those but instead the Level1NPCs NPC components for those NPCs. And you get everything you want. Easy.

Edited by The Imp, 09 May 2015 - 07:18 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1176 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

You don't install any of those but instead the Level1NPCs NPC components for those NPCs. And you get everything you want. Easy.

Thanks for the advice! :-) but i'd rather tinker with that mod some other time. Can you help me in which file I should remove this conflict in the BWS?

#1177 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

Reading the faq in the docs-folder or using the built-in editor via the options-menu (in the selection-screen).

Edited by dabus, 09 May 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#1178 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

Reading the faq in the docs-folder or using the built-in editor via the options-menu (in the selection-screen).

Thanks! I was already reading the faq. But looking in the files I couldnt really make sense of it.. but I had no idea that BWS had a menu for this! I'll try poke around in there instead.

#1179 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

Uhm, it's not really that tricky. You either open Config\BWP\Game.ini, search for the conflicts description you want to remove and delete that line.
Any simple text-editor can do that.

Or edit the dependencies via Options > Admin > Manage dependencies, search for the mods name / description > right-click the entry, delete it and save via Options-menu.

#1180 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

Greetings everybody.

I recently discovered Big World Setup and first I want to thank all the people who have worked on the project.

I want to share on this forum what is my experience so far. I will list some little issues I have found. To start, I must clarify that I'm using the software whose name is "BigWorldSetup-bigworldsetup-8798ee71cd3d.zip", found here: https://bitbucket.or...ranch-downloads (Branches -> EET). At the moment it is the most recent version uploaded.

1) Ascalons Questpack and Jarls BGT Adventure Pack, altough marked with "[EN]" and installed with English selected, are in German. I found out when I started meeting German speaking bunches of NPCs  :WTF:  :ROFL:

2) The Item Randomiser mod asks to input, during the install procedure, the percentage of items not to be randomised, pausing the install process. Letting the user input this value while chosing components would avoid this.

3) If you select "Portraits for Tower of Deception", this component will not be installed. This is what you get: 

You haven't installed ToD, skip this component
Portraits for Tower of Deception (BGT NPC Portraits) was skipped.

That is not true, in fact I *did* install ToD.

4) The great mystery: Widescreen Mod no longer installing. Tonight, after my final installation, I was ready to start the big game. I noticed in dismay that for some unknown reason, the chosen resolution had not been applied. I opened setup-widescreen.exe just to get this error message: 

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.
FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

I checked the debug log and I read this:

##### Widescreen Mod #####
### 0000: Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod ###
Ready for installation
WeiDU.exe "Setup-BWS_Final.tp2" --game "." --language 0 --force-install-list 0 --quick-log --log "Setup-BWS_Final.Debug"
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 23800

Installing [Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible]

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA>WeiDU.exe "Setup-BWS_Final.tp2" --no-exit-pause --game "." --language 0 --force-uninstall-list 0 --log "Setup-BWS_Final.Debug"
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 23800

Removing [Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible] (component #0)
Will uninstall   0 files for [SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2] component 0.

SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED [Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible] (component #0)

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA>The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Aurora Patch
Component: Aurora Patch

Mod: BGT NPC Portraits
Component: Portraits for Tower of Deception

My log file ends here. You see? There is no "SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED" for Widescreen Mod. This is a mystery. I did another install, and the same thing happened. This time, however, running setup-widescreen.exe allowed me to properly set the resolution. I hope this hasn't screwed anything. I think not, because no relevant mod was installed after Widescreen mod, but could you reassure me? I wouldn't want to discover problems later on.

5) Almost forgetting. Every time I quit the game, I get this:

Firma problema:
  Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
  Nome applicazione: BGMain.exe
  Versione applicazione: 2.5.0.2
  Timestamp applicazione: 3b71b6f4
  Nome modulo con errori: ntdll.dll
  Versione modulo con errori: 6.1.7601.18798
  Timestamp modulo con errori: 5507b3e0
  Codice eccezione: c0000005
  Offset eccezione: 0002dfe4
  Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  ID impostazioni locali: 1040
  Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 5a5a
  Ulteriori informazioni 2: 5a5ac0ac09a83b7d6ba54412932970f3
  Ulteriori informazioni 3: a038
  Ulteriori informazioni 4: a038881f26ab6967595bf216b9cec223

Leggere l'informativa sulla privacy online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0410

Se l'informativa sulla privacy online non è disponibile, leggere quella offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\it-IT\erofflps.txt

Messages are in Italian, but as you can see it's the classic APPCRASH event window. This error seems to have no effect. 

I'm attaching the install debug file and my mod selection.
Thank you!

Attached Files

Edited by Blash2, 11 May 2015 - 08:22 AM.