Tables for Multiclasses

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:42 AM

UU, thanks for these, but I already knew these - my problem is that if I make this ability, I want it to offer protection from the spell failures caused by damage, and only from that! I don't want to allow F/Ms to be immune to the Miscast Magic spell or beholder rays at the same time. Do you understand my problem now? :huh:
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#22 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:01 PM

UU, thanks for these, but I already knew these - my problem is that if I make this ability, I want it to offer protection from the spell failures caused by damage, and only from that! I don't want to allow F/Ms to be immune to the Miscast Magic spell or beholder rays at the same time. Do you understand my problem now? :huh:

i don't think its possible...

i've broken smarter lich scripts by surrounding them in incindiary clouds...enough damage over time seems to be able to cause spell casting failure in even scripted spell casters..

poison, melf acid arrows, a continuous barrage of minute meteors or energy blades will always do the trick in my experience...

sorry... :blink:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#23 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:05 PM

Isn't casting from scrolls un-interruptable?

#24 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

Isn't casting from scrolls un-interruptable?

that may work..hmmm...

yep, after repeated testing with the lich in the docks, from tactics, you can't break the timestop she casts via scroll...and i've tried... ^_^
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#25 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:45 PM

And how could I use this in order to create the ability described above? :huh:
Posted Image

#26 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:10 AM

The unascetic way would be to have a HLA that creates a ?scroll? that takes up one of the quick item slots. This scroll would function like Nahal's Reckless Dweomer but with no Wild Magic surge.

A more complex method might be to figure out how scrolls ?force cast? and see if that can be used in other ways.

#27 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:27 AM

A more complex method might be to figure out how scrolls ?force cast? and see if that can be used in other ways.

Hardcoded effect, AFAIK.
Posted Image

#28 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:46 AM

f/m

magical enhanced body

+resistance, hasted, crit on 11-20
after effect: fatigued, hp loss, unconscious

edit: for the spell interruption, what does the effect char is uninterruptable mean? is this something like that?

Edited by Schatten, 14 May 2004 - 06:47 AM.

gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:56 AM

I don't like powerful abilities with hefty penalties. I prefer weaker ones that don't bite you in the ass if a fight takes longer than 30 seconds. You know, just to express that sentiment before you guys make some crazy over-the-top HLA for fighter-mages that leaves you stunned, unconscious, level drained, STR drained, and otherwise screwed after it ends (which happens two or three rounds after using it).

#30 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:13 AM

Agreed. I don't intend to give multis too powerful bonus HLAs. I think we should rather think on a few passives instead of "useable" HLAs. Passives that are fitting to a specified multi (and only for that one!) and aren't too powerful (yet they are useful!). One bonus passive for each multiclass will suffice I think.
Posted Image

#31 J Beau

J Beau
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:49 AM

I would love to see some HLAs for Multis. I don't care if they aren't the most powerful abilities out there. But something that sets the multicalssed character apart from the rest ... something unique. I would especially like to see something that ties their two or three classes together. I love this mod by the way. I've tried about everything that's out there, and this is one of the most professionally done. Bravo!
Tempus fugit - memento mori
Time flies - remember death

#32 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:10 AM

I love this mod by the way. I've tried about everything that's out there, and this is one of the most professionally done. Bravo!

What could I add? :rolleyes:
Thanks J Beau, we are glad you like our product! B)
Posted Image

#33 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:15 AM

for fighter/thieves...

"Perception"..

A fighter/thief is one whom is equally comfortable with both the bloody fields of battle and the shadows of night. He may eschew the darkness with which he/she is comfortable to engage the enemy in open combat, bloody, violent and frenzied. Yet, even in the brightest day, with the sunlight reflected off his/her armor, the thief/fighter's main task to his comrades is to always be alert, to guard them from the hidden traps and magical enemies clothed in arcane invisibility. That is why high ranked thief/fighters may put themselves into a state of meditative trance that does not affect their fighting ability at all, yet still guard his/her companions from the dangers unseen.

this hla works like detect illusion of the thief in that it will completely bypass spell immunity divination, yet, unlike the standard detect illusion ability, can remain active and working even if the fighter/thief is engaged in combat. for 2 turns, the fighter/thief if he activates this ability will detect illusion and can engage in combat, open doors, initiate dialog, etc. this ability can only be chosen once. ^_^

Edited by Userunfriendly, 15 May 2004 - 05:25 AM.

They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#34 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:21 AM

"Perception"..

Sounds good, both as a normal or passive HLA. Do you know how it can be implemented UU? I mean the Detect Illusion thief skill as a spell/innate.. :unsure:
Posted Image

#35 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:25 AM

"Perception"..

Sounds good, both as a normal or passive HLA. Do you know how it can be implemented UU? I mean the Detect Illusion thief skill as a spell/innate.. :unsure:

i was thinking of a variant of the true sight spell, but one that spell immunity can't block...

hmm...i guess the bit about detect illusion at twice normal ability will have to be dropped... ^_^

done...think of it as a true sight spell castable once a day, without being blocked by spell immunity divination, that a fighter thief can have without having to wait for tob items that can cast true sight... (like the thief hood)

maybe a thac0 increase too??? its like the thief can strike better because of the heightened senses he has got... ^_^

like +2...

Edited by Userunfriendly, 15 May 2004 - 05:28 AM.

They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#36 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:02 AM

How aout for a F/M/T ...

"Tactical Focus"

+2 Spell casting speed, +2 THACO and +2 Dex for 5 rounds

I don't think this would be overpowered, but it would be useful at any level. This class needs something, as they (for practical purposes) never get to cast 9th level spells.

#37 J Beau

J Beau
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:05 AM

That last post was mine. Forgot to log in. :wacko:
Tempus fugit - memento mori
Time flies - remember death

#38 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:09 PM

OK, some comments on this ideas:

"Tactical Focus"

Not bad. I'd rather turn this into a passive however, with somewhat reduced bonuses (like +1 spellcasting, +1 THAC0, +1 DEX permanently).

"Fickle Field"

Not entirely fitting, so we'll drop this one.

"Divine Cudgel"

Don't know, something is "missing" from this one. Don't like it too much.

The Focused Mind is Untroubled:

This is almost 100% identical with the Casting by Intent Sorcerer HLA, and I don't want "duplicates" ^_^ .

Weapon of the Gods

Again, the problem with this one are the alignment bonuses. Currently I can set 2 different type of HLAs, Good and Evil. It would be very hard for me to set the specific alignment bonuses one by one, and the type of the summoned weapon is also questionable. For example the favored weapon of Talos is the spear.
Posted Image

#39 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 02:14 AM

Cleric/Thief: Cloack Of Shadows - Mass invisibility

F/M/T: Slice Through Wardings - Once
per day per class level, starting at 11th level, the mage can ignore all magic-based protections (Armor Class bonuses, defensive field, and so on) on a foe in a single attack. This ability cannot ignore spells or effects that take effect when a foe is attacked, like feedback strike.
Or
Spell Parry - A 16th-level and higher mage gains the ability to parry spells. The mage must have her blade in hand to parry a spell. Only spells targeting the mage alone can be parried?not area spells or spells targeted elsewhere. The mage makes an attack roll opposed by the caster?s caster power check. If the mage roll is higher, the spell fails to affect her at all. The mage can parry only spells she is aware of; spells from invisible casters or those casting mental-action
only spells cannot be parried. No more than one spell can be parried in a round.

Cleric/Mage: Familiarity With Magic - The 12th-level and higher mage gains +2 competence bonus to all saving throws against spells and spell-like and supernatural abilities (including magic items). Further, she gains a +2 competence
bonus to Armor Class against spells requiring attack rolls.
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#40 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:58 AM

Cleric/Thief: Cloack Of Shadows - Mass invisibility

Cleric/Mage: Familiarity With Magic - The 12th-level and higher mage gains +2 competence bonus to all saving throws against spells and spell-like and supernatural abilities (including magic items). Further, she gains a +2 competence
bonus to Armor Class against spells requiring attack rolls.

Nice ideas! The Spell Parry is very intriguing too, but the nature of it is a bit too hard to implement. ;)
Posted Image