• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

No wine for you mister! Jam is all there is ;)

Well... I do have some gogondy to finish. The good stuff... I finished the cheap stuff a while ago. And some, uh, strawberry chianti or something. Did you ever do the description for that?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

Check your PMs ;)

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#23 Zukn

Zukn
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

Is this mod ever going to be released? For at least 3 Years I've seen this mod get post after post in the workroom, and not even a sniff of a beta. IS this mod the Area 51 of BG2 modding where people come to test mods and deny their mod exists or is it that complex of a mod?

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

IS this mod the Area 51 of BG2 modding where people come to test mods and deny their mod exists

Mod? What mod? There's no mod here. Could be a... weather balloon... that looks like a mod.

or is it that complex of a mod?

Actually, it has become quite complex since it's evolved to more than just a store mod, but adds new areas, quests, custom animations and loads of dialogue.

But believe it or not, I'm putting the final touch on alpha 2 and expect to have that shortly followed by the initial beta, assuming the former gets tested. Yes, there is actually an alpha 1 in the workroom, if you're interested in running through something more than a bit rough around the edges, but I'd recommend waiting for alpha 2 at least, if not the beta. It'll be soon, because, frankly, I'd like to move on to other projects <_<.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Zukn

Zukn
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

Looking through my "friends" data Aurora was also the the alledged codename for the follow up to the SR-71. No follow up to the SR-71 was ever anounced .Coincidink? Thanks for the update Miloch, and I'll keep keep quiet about the donought shaped contrails..

Edited by Zukn, 11 August 2009 - 02:39 PM.

#26 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:20 AM

The only Ease-of-use cheat that I do when playing BG is CLUA-ing 6 boots01. Even then, I wait until I have 30k to "spend" on them. In my head, kinda representing "commissioning" the boots from a mage (I think 5k each is fair for what's basically a permanent expeditious retreat enchantment).

Shameless plug perhaps, but it sounds like Aurora's Shoes and Boots is exactly your kind of mod. Entering its first beta as we speak, though I can say with certainty it's more stable than some of those mods you've got :D.

A great mod would be expanding the party size from 6 to 8, so you can pick up spare NPCs from time to time (ex. I always feel awful leaving Mazzy in the Shadow dungeon for no other reason than "my party's full").

Can't be done in the BG2 engine (though maybe Taimon will figure out a way to do it heh). But there are mods that have components where you can "send a party member to wait at an inn."

#27 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

Serious thread hijacking here, but I guess that's ok since the original problem is solved... <_<

The worst I've experienced with regards to voicing would be Mulgore from the Mulgore-Xavia NPC pair. I literally freaked out when that big Orc-guy started speaking in a high pitch baby voice :blink:

Yikes. Well, cmorgan recoded that mod... maybe I have to revoice it? :blink:

@Miloch: Aurora looks like a sweet mod :Bow: I think the current BWP uses one of its store pricing components or sommin. AGPRICE?? :P I reckon once the entire mod's released, AGPRICE would be replaced like CoM Forge was replaced by Dark horizons.

Yes on both. It used to be GeN1e's Store Prices mod with some new components.

Diablo boots FTW!!! :devil:

Daemonfey boots maybe (upgradable to 'Daemon Lord' boots or something :huh:).

Oh yeah, I'm having ideas of creating my own BWP install lol :D With Tales of the Deep Gardens and Aurora in it :P When it's released, I'll be asking about the its suggested placement in the install order :cheers:

They have some (small) crossmod material, but I don't think install order matters for those two... more info in the readme on install order though. Beta 1 should be available quite soon... has to be because I'm running out of bugs to crush, which I thought would never come. Could be more lurking somewhere, but nothing like a bad actor crashing an area (crushed those already heh heh). Oh, and if you romance any of the Bioware NPCs, Aurora might have something to say about it. It's like having an extra NPC without spending an extra slot on her :D.

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:04 AM

Serious thread hijacking here...

Diablo boots FTW!!! :devil:

Daemonfey boots maybe (upgradable to 'Daemon Lord' boots or something :huh:).

It's actually a reference to the origins of this picture in the mod.

I'm not sure who I'm going to ditch for Sarevok this time around. My current party is Minsc, Jahiera, Aerie, Nalia/Imoen, and Edwin. I'm planning on romancing Jahiera (Vic's my normal favorite romance, but I haven't done J's romance in so long I'd figure I'd go again). I guess I'll ditch Aerie? I dunno.

That totally depends on which class you chose in the start, but if it's a warrior class, then Minsc is obvious drop out... unless you made Minsk a mage with L1NPCs. :whistling:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#29 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

Ah. Well congrats, you found the one icon I pinched from somewhere else, and you don't even have the mod yet :lol:. Well there are a couple others, but I pinched those from other modders (or asked them anyway, since there are actual artists out there, then there's hackers like me).

That totally depends on which class you chose in the start, but if it's a warrior class, then Minsc is obvious drop out... unless you made Minsk a mage with L1NPCs.

Minsc is quite droppable regardless of his class, IMO <_<.

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:54 AM

I'm not sure who I'm going to ditch for Sarevok this time around. My current party is Minsc, Jahiera, Aerie, Nalia/Imoen, and Edwin. I'm planning on romancing Jahiera (Vic's my normal favorite romance, but I haven't done J's romance in so long I'd figure I'd go again). I guess I'll ditch Aerie? I dunno.

IMHO, each and every one of the original NPCs are damn worth keeping in the BWP, with all the banters, interjections, upgradable items and such. I've made a point to use every NPC for atleast 7 days gametime for all of their banters and quests to finish :D (if all else fails, Ctrl-I :P)

Ah. Well congrats, you found the one icon I pinched from somewhere else, and you don't even have the mod yet :lol:. Well there are a couple others, but I pinched those from other modders (or asked them anyway, since there are actual artists out there, then there's hackers like me).

Hehe, I think I see the Greaves from Diablo II right beside the Heavy Boots :P So that's not the only one :D But, it does add new item icons, for that it gets my vote :coolthumb: And you seem to have done a beautiful job on the "sctoll-version" icons as well :D (although they look a wee bit greenish to me, but hey, some people say I'm colorblind :D)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#31 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

Might as well continue the off-topicness of this thread... :whistling:

Hehe, I think I see the Greaves from Diablo II right beside the Heavy Boots :P So that's not the only one :D

Could be... I don't even remember where I got the earliest icons from 2-3 years ago. But I like how they look and I tweaked them, and it's a total of maybe 3 icons out of I dunno, a couple hundred or more, so... :P

And you seem to have done a beautiful job on the "sctoll-version" icons as well :D (although they look a wee bit greenish to me, but hey, some people say I'm colorblind :D)

Yeah, I see the same thing once in a while. Maybe I'm colour-blind too, because if I analyse the palette in PSP there's no green whatsoever. And it uses the same palette as BG2 boot descriptions. *And* I've even tried shifting it to the opposite spectrum (orange) before downsampling, and I still get what looks to me as greenish or blueish, but it's really a shade of brown. Oh well... I'm gonna redraw them all eventually with a tablet anyway when I've got some serious time to kill :blink:.

#32 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:04 AM

Oh well... I'm gonna redraw them all eventually with a tablet anyway when I've got some serious time to kill :blink:.

Hopefully after the first version gets released :devil:

Anyway, hijacking this thread seems unfair for guys who may wander in to find solutions about a CtD and end up reading a (rather short :P) discussion on the number of boots that were imported from another game :D

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#33 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

Moved the off-topic discussion to a more suitable forum. :cheers:

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:31 AM

Hey there, I saw Aurora got released and had a go at trying it :P (methinks I was the second downloader :D YAY!!!)

Anyway, and first off :Bow: I really love the items. WOW!!! The bams are really, extremely good and the shoebox ... I always wanted sommin like that :D (I'll let IE physics speak for how a treasure chest can hold 40 pairs of shoes and still let you drag it around while kicking the crap outta irenicus though :P) Now, if only there was a jewelry box for rings and ammys ;)

The box is even better cause of the Blameless/Shameless boots. <idea>I can't understand why it restores the reputation once it's taken off :P With both boots together, I thought the +rep one indefiitely increased and -rep did the same for decreasing. Since rep caps at 20, i don't see a problem with re-equipping the boots over and over until you hit the cap (since rep only affects what quests you get and who you run around with, ok maybe storeprices too :P) and it seems the boots' main purpose was that.

I love the rotating storekeeper concept too ... (PS: Do both of them have something unique going for em? Couldn't check cause of something I'll write below :mellow:)

I saw a few lines referenced me as handsome. Wouldn't be a problem ... but I was playing a girl :D And I dunno if handsome sounds right for a girl :P

And I accidentally clicked the "I never wanna talk about stuff" response after I got all the gossipy bits outta her, would it be possible to add in a restarting dialog :P Right now, I checked NI for some global to set but I dunno what to set ag_greetings into :crying:

Ah, and you've just forced me to start every game with 6 pairs of those Long-legged beastlies boots :D And the shoe box to keep em when i'm fighting :coolthumb:

Ok, and i saw the Boots of the leopard didn't have any bonuses ... (reminded me of those high fashion items from Arcanum) Is that intended?? :P

And finally (AT LAST!!!), any particular reason why the store price changing component has those recommended values?? What's the basis for the recommendations?? :D

The mod looks promising for its items (I forgot the lollable concept behind the "Boots of the Bar" ... fab00 :D) Any special placement within the BiG World project install order you might suggest?? It uses the agprices component right now, can I just install it where agprices is right now?? Anything else if I wanna see all the crossmod content?? :D

Thanks and cheers,
Lol

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:05 AM

Anyway, and first off :Bow: I really love the items. WOW!!! The bams are really, extremely good and the shoebox ... I always wanted sommin like that :D (I'll let IE physics speak for how a treasure chest can hold 40 pairs of shoes and still let you drag it around while kicking the crap outta irenicus though :P)

There are actually 3 shoeboxes in BGT (2 in BG2, 1 in BG1/Tutu) because you can't reuse containers (and they have different BAMs in the style of Unique Containers). But the main one is made of magical pearwood (Terry Pratchett fans might notice its distant similarity to The Luggage, though it doesn't speak or fight or anything :D).

Now, if only there was a jewelry box for rings and ammys ;)

Well, Gem Bags hold rings and amulets too. One could argue Bags of Holding hold everything, but it's easy to get confused with what's where, so a jewelry box is an idea I suppose.

The box is even better cause of the Blameless/Shameless boots. <idea>I can't understand why it restores the reputation once it's taken off :P With both boots together, I thought the +rep one indefiitely increased and -rep did the same for decreasing. Since rep caps at 20, i don't see a problem with re-equipping the boots over and over until you hit the cap (since rep only affects what quests you get and who you run around with, ok maybe storeprices too :P) and it seems the boots' main purpose was that.

I think it would be a bit of an abuse if they did that - they're just supposed to give a temporary boost or penalty while equipped, if your rep is too high or low for something (certain dialogues etc.). If you want a bigger increase or decrease, there's the Lake Poets component of BG1 NPC and I think berelinde has something similar for BG2.

I love the rotating storekeeper concept too ... (PS: Do both of them have something unique going for em? Couldn't check cause of something I'll write below :mellow:)

Yes, they do, as does Karaea who you may meet later. They all have unique banters, quests and upgrades they'll mention if the conditions are right.

I saw a few lines referenced me as handsome. Wouldn't be a problem ... but I was playing a girl :D And I dunno if handsome sounds right for a girl :P

Can you check this again - we fixed this in the last alpha and the code I'm looking at has it. The way it works is she checks the gender and charisma of the first character that talks to her. You get the "handsome" greeting only if your speaking character was male with a Charisma 10 or higher (I guess she's not fussy about her men :D). Now if you switch speaking characters and talk to her again, she'll still say this (presumably I guess she still sees the "handsome" guy in your party). We could change that pretty easily though. If it bugs you, you can SetGlobal("ag_greeting","GLOBAL",2) - it should be 1 right now for the "handsome" greeting (or 3 if you said you don't want to hear from her again).

And I accidentally clicked the "I never wanna talk about stuff" response after I got all the gossipy bits outta her, would it be possible to add in a restarting dialog :P Right now, I checked NI for some global to set but I dunno what to set ag_greetings into :crying:

See above :).

Ok, and i saw the Boots of the leopard didn't have any bonuses ... (reminded me of those high fashion items from Arcanum) Is that intended?? :P

Yep - Bookwyrme wanted to have a pair that does nothing special but "looks good" <_<.

And finally (AT LAST!!!), any particular reason why the store price changing component has those recommended values?? What's the basis for the recommendations??

Those are GeN1e's suggestions from his playtesting with other mods installed - it was his Store Prices mini-mod originally with some updates. It really comes down to your personal preference though. You don't need to install those components at all, hence why they're last - you can [Q]uit the installer once you get to them. Personally, I think prices should be higher though... I set them pretty high, but I forgot the effects of high rep and charisma.

Any special placement within the BiG World project install order you might suggest?? It uses the agprices component right now, can I just install it where agprices is right now??

You can, but the price-modding should go after Aurora so it affects her stuff too (and really agprices should be retired since it's the old version of the components now in Aurora). I would install the whole thing fairly late - after AI mods like SCS also, since we had to do some special (non-combat) scripting for quest item randomisation.

Anything else if I wanna see all the crossmod content?? :D

Just what's mentioned in the readme so far - install order with the other mods shouldn't really matter. With the next Crossmod release, you should see more (non-Bioware) NPC banters.

Thanks for the comments. That was quick work, btw, to find all that stuff :cheers:.

#36 -erik-

-erik-

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

Allow me to just say....

Whee!!! :cheers:

#37 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

Finally! And it seems there's a lot of content to boot.

Congrats. :cheers:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

I think it would be a bit of an abuse if they did that - they're just supposed to give a temporary boost or penalty while equipped, if your rep is too high or low for something (certain dialogues etc.). If you want a bigger increase or decrease, there's the Lake Poets component of BG1 NPC and I think berelinde has something similar for BG2.

Yeah, the Bardic Reputation adjustment thingie :cheers: Wait, I think NPCs leave at 18+ and 2- rep anyway, so the boots can prevent that :D

Can you check this again - we fixed this in the last alpha and the code I'm looking at has it. The way it works is she checks the gender and charisma of the first character that talks to her. You get the "handsome" greeting only if your speaking character was male with a Charisma 10 or higher (I guess she's not fussy about her men :D). Now if you switch speaking characters and talk to her again, she'll still say this (presumably I guess she still sees the "handsome" guy in your party). We could change that pretty easily though. If it bugs you, you can SetGlobal("ag_greeting","GLOBAL",2) - it should be 1 right now for the "handsome" greeting (or 3 if you said you don't want to hear from her again).

Ah, I see. The first time, I had Anomen walk up to her :P (I was impatient and he had the boots of speed <_<) But, wouldn't it be better if Aurora checked who she was talking to, rather than who talked to her first? :P I mean, my usual PCs are male and Imoen being called handsome even though I'm nowhere in sight sounds ... wierd(?)

Of course, if that involves rewriting the entire dialog structure ... Ignore that :P

I'll do a proper run of the mod during me BWP playthrough along with TotDG :coolthumb: (hopefully I'll get everything, shoeboxes, item upgrades, quests without issues ... but then, there's always NI and CLUA ;))

Btw, will it matter if I install ASaB (O_o I think that's right :lol:) first or TotDG later?? (wait ... that doesn't sound right :P)

Thanks again,
Lol

#39 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

Ah, I see. The first time, I had Anomen walk up to her :P (I was impatient and he had the boots of speed <_<) But, wouldn't it be better if Aurora checked who she was talking to, rather than who talked to her first? :P I mean, my usual PCs are male and Imoen being called handsome even though I'm nowhere in sight sounds ... wierd(?)

Yes indeed, and in fact I already fixed this locally (took a whole 2 lines of code). And I also added the option to apologise to her and get more gossip if you told her to shut up (another line of code and an extra TRA string) :).

Btw, will it matter if I install ASaB (O_o I think that's right :lol:) first or TotDG later?? (wait ... that doesn't sound right :P)

"Aurora" is fine for short... enough mod acronyms aren't there? <_< It doesn't matter much which goes first, but I'd suggest installing Aurora after Tales (and any other mods that add creatures or scripts) to give our item randomisation routine the widest scope.

#40 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:26 AM

The download counter is pushing 3500 but I've heard very little feedback on the mod apart from technical things. Or I've heard feedback on the subcomponents, but not the main component, Aurora's Shoes itself.

So I'm interested in hearing what people think. Does the dialogue make sense? Have you tried talking to Aurora with various NPCs in the party, after certain events, etc.? Have you tried, completed, failed to complete any of the quests? Are the items too powerful, not powerful enough, too expensive, not expensive enough etc.? Any suggestions for additions? Quaffed any odd potions lately? And so on...