• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

Another problem with that script is that the Spell() variants require that the caster be of a class and level capable of casting the spell, even if some of them don't require the caster to have them in his spellbook at the moment.

Yeah I know, which is why I tried Rest() and ApplySpell() instead. But the main problem with the script is the PartyRested() i.e. getting a non-party member to recognise the party has rested.

I wonder if upon resurrection of the wolf I can SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADhaiass","GLOBAL",0) via an item opcode... I do so hate having to resort to all these invisible summonees just to script something.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:11 PM

I wonder if upon resurrection of the wolf I can SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADhaiass","GLOBAL",0) via an item opcode... I do so hate having to resort to all these invisible summonees just to script something.

Putting this in the creature's script seems kind of stupid, but it also seems to work:
IF 
  HPGT(Myself,0)
  Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADhaiass","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADhaiass","GLOBAL",0)
END
Basically, "if I'm not dead but the game thinks I am, then tell it I'm not." <_<

The regeneration, on the other hand, does not work either. The IESDP does say "Permanent timing modes require a duration for this effect to work." But that's stupid too. I don't want a duration, I want it to be permanent. "While equipped" must work without a duration (and must not be "permanent" according to the IESDP) since the ring of regeneration does, so I guess I'll have to give it an item.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

Actually I like the idea of the mod, BUT at a certain point of time we'll all be fighting Jonaleth, be in Saradush, in Watcher's Keep etc. and the poor wolf will be butchered every two minutes...

So is it possibly to let him ascend in levels? Gaining XP or ascending together with CHARNAME?

(Via Dialog, trigger, what do I know...)

It would also be nice to talk with him after some events so that he could get +1 str, +1 dex, High Level Abilities etc. (like the NPCs in Planescape).

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

So is it possibly to let him ascend in levels? Gaining XP or ascending together with CHARNAME?

(Via Dialog, trigger, what do I know...)

It would also be nice to talk with him after some events so that he could get +1 str, +1 dex, High Level Abilities etc. (like the NPCs in Planescape).

It does all this already. The wolf's abilities don't increase and it doesn't get HLAs (not sure what these would be for a wolf - Shapeshift into Human Form? :D). But it does gain levels, statistic improvements (like AC, THAC0) and its bite gets more powerful.

It actually seems pretty realistic and balanced. It's not like you have an ultra powerful wolf or a terribly weak one at any point, if you play it right. It just had some code glitches but those have been resolved for the most part. The best thing is it doesn't take up an NPC slot, so you can still have 5 other party members besides you and the wolf.

#25 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

The regeneration, on the other hand, does not work either. The IESDP does say "Permanent timing modes require a duration for this effect to work." But that's stupid too. I don't want a duration, I want it to be permanent. "While equipped" must work without a duration (and must not be "permanent" according to the IESDP) since the ring of regeneration does, so I guess I'll have to give it an item.

The undroppable slow regeneration item works great, possibly better than trying to script this. It's so slow you wouldn't notice it unless you sat there a while and kept checking the wolf's HP. But if you rest for 8 hours (or whatever) the wolf will be fully healed.

Right now, I set it to heal 1 HP every minute (game turn or 10 rounds). But I could hike that up to 5, 10 minutes or more if people want. Whichever, it's unlikely the wolf would not be fully healed after resting unless you have a very high level wolf.

That's it I think, unless people have other issues, I'll pass it on to Clan DLAN after another test or two (how'd I get stuck testing this anyway? :blink:).

#26 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:55 AM

Wonderful work Miloch! :cheers: Everything you've added or modified in this nice mod sounds awesome :D . Thank you very much for taking the time to improve Haiass! I can't wait to see my good animal companion friend in action, improved, happier and more confident than before :P .

Edited by dreamer2007, 30 May 2009 - 01:12 AM.

#27 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

I see version 2.1 is available.

Miloch, thank you for your help.

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

I suppose we should put the download link in here somewhere. You might want to add it to the first post too, dreamer2007.

Here is the full English readme also.
Attached File  haiass_english.txt   3.55K   628 downloads

#29 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

Okay, I've announced the new release in the thread I made in the Mega Mod Help forum, also I've edited the first post of this thread and added info about the mod :) . Thank you Miloch!

Edited by dreamer2007, 02 June 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#30 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

It seems that Haiass doesn't work in my newest BWP install :( . He doesn't come out of Candlekeep Inn. Here is my weidu log:

Attached Files

#31 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

Maybe the changes in the new version included require the mod to be installed at a later moment in a BWP installation ?

#32 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:10 AM

to bad that Wolf's mod doest't work with BWP.
any idea how to remove him without problems? or...may be...is it really to summon Haiass via CluaConsole?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

Maybe the changes in the new version included require the mod to be installed at a later moment in a BWP installation ?

Well, you definitely want to install it after any mods that overwrite area scripts but that was true with the old version too (even though that version also overwrote area scripts). I would put it later than BP, Tactics, etc. anyway, if not toward the end.

He doesn't come out of Candlekeep Inn.

Does the wolf follow you upstairs at least? Make sure there's a copy of weidu.exe in your BGT folder and open a command prompt (Start > Run > cmd) and type:
cd c:\games\bgt (or whatever, to get to your BGT folder)
weidu --change-log ar0015.bcs
And see which mods changed that script. Then type "weidu ar0015.bcs" and attach the ar0015.baf that ends up in your game folder here.

You can try CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("haiass1") in Candlekeep too and see if at least follows you to new areas from there.

I wish you BWP folks wouldn't install that biffing thing until you're sure some of your mods work... might save a lot of reinstallation hassle :(.

#34 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

I walked with Haiass upstairs in Candlekeep Inn and he did come with me. But I summoned him using the console in Candlekeep and he didn't follow me outside of the area when I left with Gorion. So I had to summon him in the Gorion's Rest Area and tried to travel to the crossroads area and the same problem, he didn't come with me there. I attached the ar0015.baf here:

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 June 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

~HAIASS/SETUP-HAIASS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haiass, the wolf

Eh... dreamer... you installed the old version. It should say Haiass the Wolf: v2.1, not Haiass, the wolf. :blink: Also, you should have two components in your WeiDU.log, a second one for the resurrection component (I'd assume you'd've installed that since you requested it :P).

#36 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Eh... dreamer... you installed the old version. It should say Haiass the Wolf: v2.1, not Haiass, the wolf. :blink: Also, you should have two components in your WeiDU.log, a second one for the resurrection component (I'd assume you'd've installed that since you requested it :P).

That's strange... I installed BWP using the BWS, and it should have installed automatically the new Haiass version. Also Haiass acts like you modified him, I can select him and move him where I want. Also in the old version Haiass didn't have this bug, he followed me to other areas. I did a test by killing him, and he didn't drop any bone to resurrect him from, so truly that component wasn't installed by the BWP install.bat. Hmmm I suspect that maybe the problem is related to the BWS unpacking, since I had in the Big World Downloads the old mod version and the new version so maybe the unpacker copied both of them one over the other, first the new version, then the old on top of that. That is only a suspicion, do you know how I can verify it?

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 June 2009 - 11:16 PM.

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

That's strange... I installed BWP using the BWS, and it should have installed automatically the new Haiass version. Also Haiass acts like you modified him, I can select him and move him where I want. Also in the old version Haiass didn't have this bug, he followed me to other areas. I did a test by killing him, and he didn't drop any bone to resurrect him from, so truly that component wasn't installed by the BWP install.bat. Hmmm I suspect that maybe the problem is related to the BWS unpacking, since I had in the Big World Downloads the old mod version and the new version so maybe the unpacker copied both of them one over the other, first the new version, then the old on top of that. That is only a suspicion, do you know how I can verify it?

No, that is definitely not the problem. I cleared my old downloads before using BWS and I have the same problems. Also in Kerzenburg, Haiass did not entering any house.

#38 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

I don't know what BWS does, but obviously it still gets the old version, because otherwise it'd say v2.1 in your WeiDU.log as I said. It would not install the same mod twice, as the setup has the same name. I also downloaded the new version from the same place you linked in your initial topic and it is the same one I tested on BWP - Immortality only added the updated translations. Also, the wolf would not drop the bone anyhow, because you have the old version and you did not install the resurrection component even if you did somehow have the new version. Furthermore, you have a choice on the resurrection component (install a moderate or harder penalty, as discussed above) so you can't rely on BWS to make all the choices for you, even if it is getting the right mod, which it isn't for whatever reason.

Now I'm not saying there are no issues whatsoever with v2.1 on BGT/BWP because I don't play BWP, I only test and verify installation of mods on it. But I know for fact there are issues with previous versions of this mod on BWP, and I can only troubleshoot the latest version, because I know what it should be doing according to the code, which is appending a block near the end of that script you attached, which hasn't happened. And your WeiDU.log generally doesn't lie, unless someone's done cruel and unusual things to it (like overwrite it), which would be very odd.

#39 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:24 AM

So in conclusion the problem seems to be caused by something not done correctly in the BWP install process, so I will continue the bug tracking there

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 June 2009 - 12:44 AM.

#40 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

I've checked this and the BWS downloaded and extracted the correct version of Haiass. It could be, that you run the BWS, before we have updated the BWS for the new mod-version. It could be, that you had a bad timing, because where you have started the BWS and choose your installation, some minutes later the BWS was updated...

Hmmm I suspect that maybe the problem is related to the BWS unpacking, since I had in the Big World Downloads the old mod version and the new version so maybe the unpacker copied both of them one over the other, first the new version, then the old on top of that.

This will never happen. The BWS uses only the current mod-versions. If you have all version-numbers of a mod in the download directory, then the BWS picks only the current one.

[EDIT]

And what you must do for yourself is

1.) to edit the Install.bat to add one of the both new components of Haiass

%IFES%Haiass%S%Haiass%L%0%SK% 0 10 | %M%
%IFGS%Haiass%S%Haiass%L%2%SK% 0 10 | %M%

2.) move in the Install.bat the line of Haiass at the end of chapter 21

%IFGS%ACBre_V4%S%ACBre_V4%L%0%SK% 2 --logapp | %M%
%IFXES%ACBre_V4%S%ACBre_V4%L%0%SK% 2 --logapp | %M%
%IFES%Haiass%S%Haiass%L%0%SK% 0 10 | %M%
%IFGS%Haiass%S%Haiass%L%2%SK% 0 10 | %M%

3.) delete the whole folder Haiass in the "BiG World Fixpack" directory

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 10 June 2009 - 07:54 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World