Bugs and/or oddities for V1

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Some small issues for the next update:

-There's a ring in YS0070 which can't be removed from the inventory.

-The dusty book from YS0250 is a quest item from Durlag's Tower, could that be changed. There's also one found in YS0120.

-The transition from YS1000 (y1930, x2040) to YS0060 is party required. Is that really necessary?

-I still experience some issues regarding the transition between YS0260 and YS1000: When fighting the shadows there I often gets teleported back to YS1000 (no I'm not pressing the door icon merely standing sends me back).

Cheers

Edited by Shaitan, 31 July 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#42 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hi Hans

I'll take a look. There will be a v2.0 - I still need to add Roxanne's patch for the Earl Wultheof dialog. Good job I've been too lazy to do it in the last couple of weeks! :P

-Dai

#43 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Yeah, laziness comes with summer every year :)

I'll say if I notice any further issues.

/Hans

#44 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

I know you know of it, but the 8 hours of travelling between W. Govt. area and other city areas are annoying gamewise. Hope you'll be able to mend that before v2.0

/Hans

#45 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

We never did fix the travel time problem - truth to tell, I think both Miloch and I lost interest in it.

I've replaced the GOLSTONE ring with a silver ring in ys0070 and removed the Party Required transition from ys1000 to ys0060. Doing something about the auto-transition in ys0260 is getting increasingly difficult; I've reduced the trigger area sizes again but I really can't make them much smaller. The problem is defining which ys100x you should be moving to, so there's actually two trigger areas next to the cave entrance, both of which have the door icon. One trigger defines the area to travel to and the other does the work. Hopefully now you'll need to be almost out of the cave before the auto-transition kicks in.

I'm suffering the temptation to add in a couple of additional encounters for v2.0 but a) I can't think of anything and b) I'm afraid that if I do they will grow out of control (again).

-Y-

[Edit] I forgot to say I've changed the Dusty Books too.
[Edit edit] Oh crap. I've just had a good idea for a new encounter. That's your fault, Shaitan.

Edited by Yovaneth, 25 August 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#46 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

We never did fix the travel time problem - truth to tell, I think both Miloch and I lost interest in it.

Don't know if I ever had interest in it, ha ha! :P But seriously, I thought it looked like a simple thing of changing the times in your code where you invoke SConrad's area-linking/worldmap macro, wouldn't it? That's what handles the links and everything else IIRC.

Also, it says in the IESDP that travel time in the .wmp is a factor of four, so that could be the issue. In other words, if you want 12 hours, don't put a 12 but rather a 3 there (could go the other way possibly but not if the problem is with long travel times).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#47 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

The problem with the macro is that it only allows you to enter one global travel time, not one for each areaA to areaB. Somebody did have an answer to this but I don't recall who and I quite obviously didn't follow it up.

-Y-

#48 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Very nice, hope you'll manage on the time travelling stuff :)

Adding new encounters would always be welcome. Say if you need anything when you find your time...

#49 -ithilien-

-ithilien-

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Is there any possible way to remove the stuck ring through a console command or anything? Both my quick and auto save have it, and my last true save was from hours ago. :(

#50 -ithilien-

-ithilien-

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Is there any possible way to remove the stuck ring through a console command or anything? Both my quick and auto save have it, and my last true save was from hours ago. :(

NVM - I was able to fix it.

Workaround I used (in case around else is in the same boat): I renamed dart01.itm in my override folder to golstone.itm. Then dropped the dart from my inventory. Then went back and renamed golstone.itm back to dart01.itm.