Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4421 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

A couple kits from Might and Guile didn't install.

ERROR: cannot convert kit_code or %kit_code% to an integer
ERROR: [override/QD_MCF04.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: [d5_blads.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Add Multiclass Kits (Might and Guile) was not installed due to errors.

Sword Coast Stratagems had a bunch of AI patch failures. 32 failures like these:

Failed to apply general-AI patch to CB510BRD (error message Failure("Unable to parse %RESREF_D5_BASP3_KIT_EFFECTS_REMOVE%"))

SCS had a lot of other failures (TONS) including a bunch of out of memory errors. I have 32 GB of RAM on my desktop, but I was doing some heavy Photoshop work while letting this run in the background. Next time I'll run it over night.

Enhanced Edition Trilogy End - I wonder if some other mod broke this, and EET-End just caught it while parsing the file.

[action list near line 472, column 2 of IMOENP_.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 473 column 1-38
Near Text: ActionOverride
syntax error
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0)
ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ActionOverride("IMOEN2",JoinParty()))
~: Parsing.Parse_error

I just need to figure out what mods/components to take out before I attempt this again.

Might and Guile, as laid out in a Maximum install, installs and functions in EET properly to the best of my experience (of which I've had a bunch in the last few days), so it's almost certainly an incompatibility with another non-standard option you selected.

SCS AI component is a royal pain in the ass out-of-game and in-game both. I've run into plenty of problems installing that portion of it over the years, and it generally makes combat miserable especially on higher difficulty / against magical enemies. I avoid it whenever possible, and use only the SCS Party AI portion.

EET-End's obviously encountering a problem with another mod, aye - as it's working fine in the selection I gave you earlier. 

The errors you get in Sandrah are obviously the same as the earlier error in Might and Guile because it missed the QD_MCF04.spl.  It seems Sandrah tries to run the ACTION_IF (NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~qd_multi_spls.qd~) THEN BEGIN block from qd_multiclass.tpa again although this somehow was already unsuccessfully done by M+G. That earlier failure was most likely left something that now makes Sandrah fail as well.

Edited by Roxanne, 31 December 2017 - 01:46 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4422 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

I'm disabling these:

Mod: Might and Guile
Component: Add Multiclass Kits
Component: The Feat System (for Warriors and Rogues, requires EE 2.0+, includes Revised Stalker and Shadowdancer, disables Scout kit)

Mod: Jim's Fixes and Tweaks
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Abazigal
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Irenicus
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Celestials

Mod: EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks
Component: NPC voices

And most of SCS. It should be a smoother install. I'm a little worried about the parse errors Tales of Anegh had on a map. We'll see if that is truly problematic.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#4423 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Component: The Feat System (for Warriors and Rogues, requires EE 2.0+, includes Revised Stalker and Shadowdancer, disables Scout kit)

Curious why. Using both of those myself, plenty of good fun, no errors during install for me. Found something that just doesn't work with them, or just not your Thing?

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#4424 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

Curious why. Using both of those myself, plenty of good fun, no errors during install for me. Found something that just doesn't work with them, or just not your Thing?

Just that they failed in my install, I'm not sure why, and then it caused errors in Sandrah. If I knew better why they broke and could fix them easily I might, but I'm not going to worry about them too much at the moment. I do enjoy tactical combat, but I mainly want to get through the bevy of quests and content.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#4425 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

Just that they failed in my install, I'm not sure why, and then it caused errors in Sandrah. If I knew better why they broke and could fix them easily I might, but I'm not going to worry about them too much at the moment. I do enjoy tactical combat, but I mainly want to get through the bevy of quests and content.

- RoT - The sixpack is not needed for the EET version of the mod, all necessary fixes are in the mod.

- For ACquest I am not sure as it has just been worked on by a new maintainer recently, I will inquire to find out if patches are still needed but I think they are not.

- Anegh - there was a minor error in a script, It is now corrected. GGT should have been GlobalGT in the context of ar5500.baf.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 December 2017 - 11:59 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4426 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

A couple kits from Might and Guile didn't install.

Add Multiclass Kits (Might and Guile) was not installed due to errors.

Might and Guile, as laid out in a Maximum install, installs and functions in EET properly to the best of my experience (of which I've had a bunch in the last few days), so it's almost certainly an incompatibility with another non-standard option you selected.

Sounds like it is caused by some other mod that went in before M&G... :(

Sword Coast Stratagems had a bunch of AI patch failures. 32 failures like these:

SCS AI component is a royal pain in the ass out-of-game and in-game both. I've run into plenty of problems installing that portion of it over the years, and it generally makes combat miserable especially on higher difficulty / against magical enemies. I avoid it whenever possible, and use only the SCS Party AI portion.

32 such failures is actually not much - 32 .CRE files not getting some SCS characteristics out of how many hundreds of creatures you face in the game? To fill out the information: in my experience what these errors are, is CLAB-based kit effects not being applied to the .CRE.  And in some cases, the extra proficiencies that SCS sometimes adds (boosting Greywolf from ++ to +++ in long swords, for example).  The actual AI scripting still works great; it just means that for these creatures, they might be a point or two worse in their thac0, or something like that.  By and large, you probably wouldn't notice it while playing.  (If these are the same kinds of errors I've seen.

By the way, if anyone DOES see these kinds of "AI not being applied to x creature" errors, and they also use a mod with multiclass kits (M&G, F&P, among others), there seems to be a sometimes interaction between SCS and the QDMulti function that is necessary for multiclass kits.  The blunt-but-simple way I've been solving this for myself is to edit line 374 of /stratagems/sfo/general/lib_macro.tpa, replacing this:

172 177 BEGIN END

...with this:

172 /*177*/ BEGIN END

This means some kit effects inside .EFF files might not get patched to enemy .CREs... but, I'm not really aware of any such effects that SCS actually uses.  So here again, the result will be that there may be slight deviations from the ultimate intended results of SCS, but the differences will be so miniscule that you probably will never notice.  And it should (theoretically) be even less noticeable than what I described a few paragraphs up.

#4427 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

Good to know, subtledoctor. I wish we had a way to pin certain posts in threads for future reference.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4428 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

I wish we had a way to pin certain posts in threads for future reference.
you can, just take the link in the #number, and bookmark it... aka bookmark the current page and then switch the address in the browser bookmark. This is how I made my MMFAQs links to itself. Among the thousand other things in it.

Edited by The Imp, 31 December 2017 - 09:18 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4429 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

You mentioned that I can pause before the install of NTotSC for EET Interim Version, manually NTotSC 2.0, and then skip NTotSC for EET Interim. I paused, manually installed 2.0, and when I resumed I didn't see any option to skip. I think that hosed this install.

ERROR: parsing [SandrahNPC/Mods/TenyaNPC.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [SandrahNPC/Mods/TenyaNPC.d]!
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Mod Interactions (Sandrah Saga I - Sandrah Appears) was not installed due to errors.
The following will not be installed without the component:

NTotSC for EET Interim Version

Sandrah Saga I - Sandrah Appears

Sandrah Saga II - Return to Faerun

Sandrah Saga III - Time of Troubles Revisited

I'm wondering if I should re-install today with the Interim version, or maybe just wait until 2.0 is integrated into BWS.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#4430 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

You mentioned that I can pause before the install of NTotSC for EET Interim Version, manually NTotSC 2.0, and then skip NTotSC for EET Interim. I paused, manually installed 2.0, and when I resumed I didn't see any option to skip. I think that hosed this install.

Mod Interactions (Sandrah Saga I - Sandrah Appears) was not installed due to errors.

I'm wondering if I should re-install today with the Interim version, or maybe just wait until 2.0 is integrated into BWS.

I don't see how you're having this many issues - unless maybe Sandrah is the culprit? - as visible here, my Maximum install variant has the Interim fully integrated, and it was a seamless EET install start to finish, with no errors during install. Perhaps you might want to rethink editing the 'Recommended' mod preset, and instead tamper with the 'Maximum' preset instead, as there's a huge difference between them, not only in terms of quests, but rulesets. 

image.png

Edited by Jenavee, 31 December 2017 - 11:16 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4431 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

This error message is strange.

1. Sandrah does not check for any specific NTotSC version but for existing files. Those files exist in both versions and the check is already successfully done by the time you get your error. (Or is the error from BWS which thinks you use the interim?)

2. The mod interactions component fails not due to NTotSC but due to Tenya. There is not sufficient data in your post to see why the install does not like Tenya.

3. I wonder why you get this Tenya error this time while in subsequent attempts you had this portion installed successfully?

The Sandrah Saga

#4432 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

Okay, I'm beginning to feel aggravated. I can't pinpoint which mod or component is removing Protection from Petrification as a spell, replacing Mirrored Eyes potions in divine stores with single-use scrolls called 'Protection from Alterations', and why aforementioned 'PoA' isn't giving ANY protection against Basilisks at all. Checking the resref of 'Protection from Alterations' just says 'SCRL15', so I can't even track it that way. As it stands, I have no real way of defending against the stupid things.

EDIT: For the sake of a more complete report, Basilisk gaze is now causing Slow leading into a permanent, colour-changed Hold, while triggering saves vs Death and Petrification. Dispel now functions to remove both.

Already checked Spell Revisions, Divine Remix, and IWDification, couldn't find any answers in those, and I don't think I have other mods altering spells...

Edited by Jenavee, 31 December 2017 - 06:13 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4433 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

Okay, I'm beginning to feel aggravated. I can't pinpoint which mod or component is removing Protection from Petrification as a spell,
It's base BG2. You know it's a second level spell, right ? The scroll is the scrl73.itm... "...the alteration" is just a revamp of the green scroll. And the petrification effect is a "polymorph", so the green scroll should protect you from the Basilisks.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4434 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

Okay, I'm beginning to feel aggravated. I can't pinpoint which mod or component is removing Protection from Petrification as a spell,
It's base BG2. You know it's a second level spell, right ? The scroll is the scrl73.itm... "...the alteration" is just a revamp of the green scroll. And the petrification effect is a "polymorph", so the green scroll should protect you from the Basilisks.

Whatever's going on, the divine shops in BG1 no longer sell ANYTHING that is blocking basilisk gaze in any way. The green scrolls 'appear' to be working, but none of their buffs are stopping me from Slowing and then being permanently Held, making it impossible short of very specific workarounds to deal with Basilisks. Such as that one semi-friendly undead, or a Familiar that's immune to petrification.

The only thing I've found in my installs is that Mirrored Eye potions still function properly.... but they're not sold anywhere, now. As far as I can tell, anyway.

EDIT: Also, using EEKeeper, Protection from Petrification isn't showing up *at all*, not as a green scroll, and not as a spell scroll.

This is the 'green scroll' the divine shops sell now in place of Mirrored Eyes potions, and while it IS making a Protection From Petri buff on my Record sheet, I'm still getting slowed becoming perma-Held a round later.

Baldr010.png

As seen here, still turning into a 'Statue' when 'Protected from Petrification' via said scroll:

Baldr012.png

Edited by Jenavee, 31 December 2017 - 08:55 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4435 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

Ahh, well, you have the othermod installed... read your weidu.log, and find the "petrification" name in it, and you'll find that it breaks the permanent petrification into a permanent HOLD spell... which doesn't break romances etc, but is not then protected by the other mod that changes the spells and items. It's either or... so to speak.
I would remember that that mod was not updated since the EE games came out... and I think the EE games actually tried to fix the romance breakdown, but can't say (if) they did.

Edited by The Imp, 01 January 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#4436 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

Thanks, Imp. Except... neither Weidu.log has anything coming up when I do a search for 'petri' in Notepad++. I'm gonna go mod by mod and do a search for a few terms through each one's documentation to track down which one changes Petrification to Hold, because looking in the component list in BWS isn't revealing it - or I'm somehow missing it. Hopefully it's not an undocumented or silent / bundled change.

Edited by Jenavee, 01 January 2018 - 05:52 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4437 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

Uuh, the term is actually "Flesh to Stone Fix" (or what have you on ones own language), it's part of the "the Bigg tweak Pack".

Edited by The Imp, 01 January 2018 - 06:04 AM.

#4438 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

....well, it seems I owe you a huge amount of gratitude, given the terms I was searching for, I'd never have tracked it down to Bigg Tweak. Many thanks!

Edit: Wait... hmm. Either I don't know the proper name/filename of Bigg Tweak Pack, or the damnable thing isn't in an EET install. Neither Weidu log has any results for 'Flesh', for one thing. Bah, this is irritating. Maybe the fix got packed into something else and I'm ...just not seeing or recognizing it? I'm focusing on the Rules & Tweaks section, but nothing selected, going simply by component names, seems to be the problem.

Edited by Jenavee, 01 January 2018 - 06:23 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#4439 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:21 AM

... the brain stores the information... it doesn't record them in the traditional way with words, but associations.
This is why I remember everything, but sometimes have trouble with a lot of it. Drinking would help, trouble is, the amount would kill the associated elephant too.

Aka, there's no need to so much thank, it's assumed... and if you can, just pay it forward in some distant future, and be EVIL, as in, live. .. not that I am a socialist.. but. :devil:

#4440 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

...ugh. Still no success tracking down which component, or even which mod, is doing it. I'm not seeing Bigg Tweak even in the BG2 EE / EET list of mods/components, and none of the Corrections / Rules & Tweaks mods I have enabled have anything related in their documentations showing up when I search 'Flesh', 'Stone', 'Petri', 'Alter'.

Fuggit, I'll just disable the majority of quest/npc mods and SCS, then keep shrinking my install til it's fixed so I can track it down manually. Will just watch Red vs Blue while continually reinstalling and checking in-game. Once the problem's gone, I'll re-enable things one mod at a time til it becomes Hold again.

Yet another EDIT: Haven't gotten the 'ring when interrupted' thing for BWS to work for two years now. That's also irritating. Yes, I have the box checked for it but it doesn't ever make the noise.

Hmm. Just found this when I was digging into Spell Revisions source code, but I can't tell what precisely it's doing to petrification.  All I do know is that there's no documentation in the readme about  Spell Revisions altering petrification / flesh to stone at all. Inb4 this was the source of all my problems (besides ignorance and confusion).
https://github.com/G...trification.tph

Edited by Jenavee, 01 January 2018 - 08:35 AM.

c2oJYXg.gif