Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

427 replies to this topic

#421 Samriel

Samriel
  • 194 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 AM

I almost finished my "update" but just to make sure: Should I install the SoD banters before or after the worldmap?

#422 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

I almost finished my "update" but just to make sure: Should I install the SoD banters before or after the worldmap?

It does not matter, those two have no impact on one another.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#423 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 16 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:22 PM

Would be a nice gimmick, but I was just curious. Good to know that it actually is hardcoded to use the scroll

#424 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Would be a nice gimmick, but I was just curious. Good to know that it actually is hardcoded to use the scroll

Not *hardcoded*. It could be changed, but maybe that would be against the original intend.

On the other hand I am tempted to do it - your question shows that it is at least *strange* that one spell *freedom* does it when another *freedom* does not. And - apart from Sandrah there may be other candidates for the ability?

The Sandrah Saga

#425 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modder
  • 930 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

An issue already discussed before and something I removed intentionally after the BGT experience. My mod is designed for a mega-mod installation. Such installs in most cases contain the big tweak/spell/item revision etc mods as well. I never found two installations in which things worked exactly in the same way. Descriptions are never correct and tweak mods do not provide updated descriptions for other mods even when they change their contents. Same is true for her spells and her items.

Are you sure this still happens with the current generation of mods, and if so, which ones? This really shouldn't happen.

You can only ever be expected to provide accurate description for the content that you yourself add to the game. If, further down the install order, a mod changes your content but does not update the relevant descriptions accordingly, then that is a serious flaw in that other mod's design that needs to be addressed. You should never feel obligated to provide less as a result of the laziness or incompetence of someone else.

If you remain adamant about not including descriptions for the special abilities et al., you might consider at least providing a general but greatly simplified description of what it does (like what you did for Sandrah's "Knock" spell:

Spoiler

This is the current state of Sandrah's "special abilities" in my current game. It is quite inconsistent and I am wondering if this is vanilla "Sandrah Saga" behavior or whether (as you say) other mods are messing things up.
Spoiler

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- <charname> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

Posted Image
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#426 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:48 PM

An issue already discussed before and something I removed intentionally after the BGT experience. My mod is designed for a mega-mod installation. Such installs in most cases contain the big tweak/spell/item revision etc mods as well. I never found two installations in which things worked exactly in the same way. Descriptions are never correct and tweak mods do not provide updated descriptions for other mods even when they change their contents. Same is true for her spells and her items.

Are you sure this still happens with the current generation of mods, and if so, which ones? This really shouldn't happen.

You can only ever be expected to provide accurate description for the content that you yourself add to the game. If, further down the install order, a mod changes your content but does not update the relevant descriptions accordingly, then that is a serious flaw in that other mod's design that needs to be addressed. You should never feel obligated to provide less as a result of the laziness or incompetence of someone else.

If you remain adamant about not including descriptions for the special abilities et al., you might consider at least providing a general but greatly simplified description of what it does (like what you did for Sandrah's "Knock" spell:

Spoiler

This is the current state of Sandrah's "special abilities" in my current game. It is quite inconsistent and I am wondering if this is vanilla "Sandrah Saga" behavior or whether (as you say) other mods are messing things up.
Spoiler

Which spell mods do you have installed?

I will add some descriptive text about why she receives certain abilities: Priestess of Mystra, boon of Midnight, special relation to Weave and assimilating spells etc, (This is in some dialogues but may be fitting for spell description as well.)

Edited by Roxanne, Yesterday, 11:46 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#427 Samriel

Samriel
  • 194 posts

Posted Today, 01:11 AM

Hmmm, a potential bug.

Upon entering Kagain's Shop I suddenly received the Golem's Construction Manual without any kind of conversation. It just appeared in my MC's pocket without any build up when I entered that shop.

Given that Sandrah appears in the description of said item I guess it is related to this mod.

#428 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2198 posts

Posted Today, 01:35 AM

Hmmm, a potential bug.

Upon entering Kagain's Shop I suddenly received the Golem's Construction Manual without any kind of conversation. It just appeared in my MC's pocket without any build up when I entered that shop.

Given that Sandrah appears in the description of said item I guess it is related to this mod.

There should be some conversation after a while where Sandrah would mention that this book is useful to read. You need to have the item identified for that - unless you already had this conversation (editions of the book can be found in various places).

In case she never talks about this *find*, please check this C:GetGlobal("SanGolman","LOCALS") remember that to check locals, your cursor must have selected the NPC, i.e Sandrah in this case.

The Sandrah Saga

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EET, Mega Mod