Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#401 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Maybe I should use "..." at the end of it to make it clearer that this is a kind of unfinished conversation?

Personally I really like that idea and think it would make it much more clear that these are open ended, trailing off, or lapsing into thought types of conversations.

On another note, are you open to more comments/suggestions/bug-reports-that-may-or-may-not-actually-be-bugs, or should I keep this type of thing to myself?

Your input is quite helpful - so far we captured already three improvements (mini-bugs).

Also, I am sometimes lazy and kicking me a bit gets me to do things I already thought about but did not achieve up to now.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#402 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Maybe I should use "..." at the end of it to make it clearer that this is a kind of unfinished conversation?

Personally I really like that idea and think it would make it much more clear that these are open ended, trailing off, or lapsing into thought types of conversations.

On another note, are you open to more comments/suggestions/bug-reports-that-may-or-may-not-actually-be-bugs, or should I keep this type of thing to myself?

Your input is quite helpful - so far we captured already three improvements (mini-bugs).

Also, I am sometimes lazy and kicking me a bit gets me to do things I already thought about but did not achieve up to now.

Happy to hear that.  Next up on my list of suggestions is that it would be immensely helpful if Sandrah's special abilities came with a description.  Some of them I can guess at what they do, but some of them (like Mystra's Vapour) I really have no clue.  If you're looking for a RP perspective:  Presumably Sandrah would know what they do, and part of being a "team player" would be sharing with the group's leader (and thus the player) what you intend to be hurling around the battlefield.  I get the feeling that most of them would be mostly a copy-paste of existing descriptions thus very little work:

Spoiler

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#403 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

Happy to hear that.  Next up on my list of suggestions is that it would be immensely helpful if Sandrah's special abilities came with a description.  Some of them I can guess at what they do, but some of them (like Mystra's Vapour) I really have no clue.  If you're looking for a RP perspective:  Presumably Sandrah would know what they do, and part of being a "team player" would be sharing with the group's leader (and thus the player) what you intend to be hurling around the battlefield.  I get the feeling that most of them would be mostly a copy-paste of existing descriptions thus very little work:

Spoiler

An issue already discussed before and something I removed intentionally after the BGT experience. My mod is designed for a mega-mod installation. Such installs in most cases contain the big tweak/spell/item revision etc mods as well. I never found two installations in which things worked exactly in the same way. Descriptions are never correct and tweak mods do not provide updated descriptions for other mods even when they change their contents. Same is true for her spells and her items. There is a certain randomness. Remember that Mystra was the first wild mage of them all.

The Sandrah Saga

#404 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

A question:

Is there a way to update from version 2.03 to 20.4 or one needs to start all over again?

I wanted to check the new stuff that came with the most recent version and wondered if I could get it without going through installing everything all over again...

#405 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

A question:

Is there a way to update from version 2.03 to 20.4 or one needs to start all over again?

I wanted to check the new stuff that came with the most recent version and wondered if I could get it without going through installing everything all over again...

It depends - did you use BWS or manual install? Best if you could post a Weidu-log. But chances are thin that you can re-install a mod in the middle of an EET-game without breaking a lot.

It may also be that some other mods (including EET itself have a new version today, depending on when you did your last install.)

Edited by Roxanne, 22 March 2017 - 05:53 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#406 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:16 AM

I used a manual install.

And here are the log files.

Attached Files

#407 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

I used a manual install.

And here are the log files.

In your case it should actually work - uninstall EET_end next uninstall Worldmap. Then uninstall all of Sandrah. Delete the Sandrah folders and extract the latest download to the game. You may as well consider to install some other mods for the BG2EE part you may want to add. Now install the new Sandrah versions, then worldmap (maybe you add the PVRZ fix as well). Re-install EET_end.

Most likely you should be able to just continue the game. Which of the new contents actually impacts a current game will depend on how far you advanced already.

The Sandrah Saga

#408 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

Do I need both BG1EE SoD and BG2EE to reinstall EET again or the "mixed" version of both that I got after the previous EET install will suffice?

Edited by Samriel, 22 March 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#409 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

Do I need both BG1EE SoD and BG2EE to reinstall EET again or the "mixed" version of both that I got after the previous EET install will suffice?

You just do the whole operation in the BG2EE folder you have the EET installed to, the one from which you took the Weidu.log.

PS - You do NOT re-install EET by this method, just the *tail end* of your install + EET_end.

Edited by Roxanne, 22 March 2017 - 08:06 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#410 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

Got it.

One more thing, I checked the log for Sandrah and saw that it got "SoD banter files resurrected". Is that the same as the SoD Banter Restoration that you recently released or maybe a more expanded version of sorts?

I say this because I really like all sorts of restored content kind of stuff and wondered if I should install it as I make my update of Sandrah or is that already included already with Sandrah.

#411 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Got it.

One more thing, I checked the log for Sandrah and saw that it got "SoD banter files resurrected". Is that the same as the SoD Banter Restoration that you recently released or maybe a more expanded version of sorts?

I say this because I really like all sorts of restored content kind of stuff and wondered if I should install it as I make my update of Sandrah or is that already included already with Sandrah.

Those are different things (complementary)

- EET itself provides the option to define banter files for SoD (not something the vanilla version has)

- Sandrah expands her banters into SoD

- The new mod I released makes the original SoD banters visible as dialogues rather than as overhead strings. >>> you can install this as well - just put it after Sandrah and before EET_end - there will be also some additional intejects from Sandrah to some SoD discussions added this way. Hopefully the package will make SoD more lively and more *feeling* like the rest of the game.

The Sandrah Saga

#412 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

Sounds promising.

Being the through analyzer that I am it happened to catch my eye that in Sandrah's current readme it says that the latest version of EET requires a PID fix that is included in said readme.

By latest which version would that be?

I say this since the version that I used before ( EET-1.0RC7.2b ) was rather recent so I wanted to know if I should download and install that fix too just in case. And if its necessary then when(order wise) should I install it?

Edited by Samriel, 22 March 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#413 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Sounds promising.

Being the through analyzer that I am it happened to catch my eye that in Sandrah's current readme it says that the latest version of EET requires a PID fix that is included in said readme.

By latest which version would that be?

I say this since the version that I used before ( EET-1.0RC7.2b ) was rather recent so I wanted to know if I should download and install that fix too just in case. And if its necessary then when(order wise) should I install it?

I was understanding that you just wanted to re-use your current EET install (based on RC7.2) and upgrade a few mods in the rear of it. The PID-fix is not needed, it fixes a bug in EET that was introduced much later. You only need that fix for the current version of EET (RC8.6).

The Sandrah Saga

#414 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

Right, its just the last time I checked the EET thread the mod did not progress much and I thought that maybe the version I used from around 2 months before was still considered "current".

Looks like the mod got a decent boost in progress, huh.

Ah...one more thing. Should I start the game from the beginning just in case/to avoid any bugs due to loading a save for the old version or it should be moderately safe to load an old save?

Edited by Samriel, 22 March 2017 - 10:00 AM.

#415 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

When being in the underdark there is this imprisoned mage pretty close to where u start and can be released with the spell "freedom". Sandrah got the spell among her priest spells but it didnt free the mage. I ended up buying a scroll of freedom and using that did work. Maybe its hardcoded that only scrolls work as your party shouldnt be high leveled enough at this point to cast this spell.

Edited by Kvothe., 22 March 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#416 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

When being in the underdark there is this imprisoned mage pretty close to where u start and can be released with the spell "freedom". Sandrah got the spell among her priest spells but it didnt free the mage. I ended up buying a scroll of freedom and using that did work. Maybe its hardcoded that only scrolls work as your party shouldnt be high leveled enough at this point to cast this spell.

This is because it is so intended by the original game You are supposed to buy that scroll. Sandrah's priest spell is the one to free companions who have been imprisoned by an enemy caster.

SpellCast([ANYONE],WIZARD_FREEDOM) // SPWI917.SPL (Freedom)
 Global("makeMage","AR2100",0)

::::::::::::

CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[1950.2900])
Wait(2)
CreateCreature("udvith",[1950.2900],S) // Vithal

The problem here is that the casting of the spell to free the mage is *faked*, i.e. the mage does not exist in the area and thus cannot be freed from imprisonment. The creature is just created (spawned) when you use the spell. It is a scripted event, not a real spell cast.

Of course the original script could be modified to react to any freedom spell cast.

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 22 March 2017 - 10:31 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#417 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

I almost finished my "update" but just to make sure: Should I install the SoD banters before or after the worldmap?

#418 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

I almost finished my "update" but just to make sure: Should I install the SoD banters before or after the worldmap?

It does not matter, those two have no impact on one another.

The Sandrah Saga

#419 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

Would be a nice gimmick, but I was just curious. Good to know that it actually is hardcoded to use the scroll

#420 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Would be a nice gimmick, but I was just curious. Good to know that it actually is hardcoded to use the scroll

Not *hardcoded*. It could be changed, but maybe that would be against the original intend.

On the other hand I am tempted to do it - your question shows that it is at least *strange* that one spell *freedom* does it when another *freedom* does not. And - apart from Sandrah there may be other candidates for the ability?

The Sandrah Saga