• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

How's the v2 is doing?

It's done :).

Changes:

Version 2: 1 Feb 2010
- Added German, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian translations
- Added compatibility for all IE games (except PS:T)
- Added Classic Adventures compatibility
- Added install order-independent Ashes of Embers compatibility
- Added component to make throwing hammers available at shops that sell throwing axes
- Added component to make +1 throwing weapons available at shops that sell magical projectiles
- Made extra magical items separate component
- Patched Spiritual Hammers and Aegis-Fang to add ranged abilities if not present
- Changed item names to avoid conflict with Dark Horizons
- Added compatibility with BGT/BWP and all mods

Download
Readme

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#62 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

Added French readme. No need to redownload the v2 though unless your game is in French (no other changes).

Edit: link added

Edited by Miloch, 08 February 2010 - 06:35 PM.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#63 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

I might be a minority here, I don't agree with making Spiritual Hammer throwable; the hammer is wielded telekinetically instead:

As long as the caster concentrates upon
the hammer, it strikes at any opponent within its range, as desired. Each round the
caster can choose to attack the same target as the previous round or switch to a new
target that he can see anywhere within his maximum range.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#64 Setharnas

Setharnas
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

But how would you do that, then? A hammer that stays in hand but strikes at range is lame, a hammer that acts like a Mordenkaine's Sword (sp?) (i.e. becomes a separate entity for a time) would allow the priest to get around the "as long as he concentrates" limit. The thrown version means the priest has to actively choose to attack with the hammer, but can do so as long as the spell lasts because of the boomerang effect. Seems to me as optimal as you can get.

#65 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

But how would you do that, then? A hammer that stays in hand but strikes at range is lame, a hammer that acts like a Mordenkaine's Sword (sp?) (i.e. becomes a separate entity for a time) would allow the priest to get around the "as long as he concentrates" limit.

I intend to remove the paperdoll animation in the next release of SpellPack. A pity ITEMANIM.2da is hardcoded to not override swing animations; I would remove them too.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#66 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

I might be a minority here, I don't agree with making Spiritual Hammer throwable; the hammer is wielded telekinetically instead

I, for one, am still fond of EoB trilogy, so I always missed throwable Spiritual Hammer while playing BG, even if it's not 100% consistent with sourcebooks :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#67 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

I intend to remove the paperdoll animation in the next release of SpellPack.

What exactly are you using to do that?

A pity ITEMANIM.2da is hardcoded to not override swing animations; I would remove them too.

Aren't such animations coded to the attack header? If you set it to 0/0/0 (overhand/backhand/thrust, or "unused") in theory it shouldn't play swing animations, though I never tested that. What are you using for a projectile? I looked at your version some time ago but seem to recall the projectile wasn't "hammer-like" whatever it was. The spell says it looks at least "vaguely" like a hammer.

The PnP resources are open to interpretation as usual (not that this particular mod is supposed to be strict PnP though I usually hold to 2nd edition rules unless there's a better argument). The 2e Spritual Hammer spell actually requires a normal hammer as a material component that you throw at your enemies. Though it disappears when the spell is cast, you could say it becomes a sort of spiritual avatar of the material weapon, possibly wielded in the same way. Saying the spell requires "concentration" does not necessarily exclude ongoing hand gestures as if it were thrown.

#68 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:25 AM

Aren't such animations coded to the attack header? If you set it to 0/0/0 (overhand/backhand/thrust, or "unused") in theory it shouldn't play swing animations, though I never tested that.

Tried it, that doesn't work either.

What are you using for a projectile? I looked at your version some time ago but seem to recall the projectile wasn't "hammer-like" whatever it was.

I've set it to invisible traveling or something like that, so as the wielder does not cause damage during a timestop.

Saying the spell requires "concentration" does not necessarily exclude ongoing hand gestures as if it were thrown.

A swing is over the top for a hand gesture. Doesn't it make you feel good when you watch the text window getting updated with hit rolls and whatnot when your character is simply just standing there? ;)

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#69 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:57 AM

Possible incompability between SR and Thrown Hammers? According to Mike1072 it belongs here. :)

#70 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Possible incompability between SR and Thrown Hammers? According to Mike1072 it belongs here.

Sigh. Won't be the first time I've had to revise a mod due to some sort of *Revisions muckery. What did they mess up this time?

#71 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Did you see this? (And maybe it's relevant.)

Thrown Hammers is moved before Item Revisions again where it had been with BWP v9.2.

Link.

#72 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:42 PM

Possible incompability between SR and Thrown Hammers? According to Mike1072 it belongs here.

Sigh. Won't be the first time I've had to revise a mod due to some sort of *Revisions muckery. What did they mess up this time?

We didn't mess up anything little orc, we only made Spiritual Hammer more like PnP granting it medium range (20 feet). <_<

#73 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

Did you see this? (And maybe it's relevant.)

Thrown Hammers is moved before Item Revisions again where it had been with BWP v9.2.

Link.

Though it does bug me that a patching mod gets installed before an overwriting one, Item Revisions doesn't appear to modify the spiritual hammers, but Spell Revisions does. Hopefully, people are installing Spell Revisions before patching mods like Thrown Hammers at least. Otherwise, it's rather pointless to install other mods before it. A bit like Improved Anvil :P.

We didn't mess up anything little orc, we only made Spiritual Hammer more like PnP granting it medium range (20 feet).

Who are you calling little, little man? You have it as a melee weapon, not a ranged weapon. Kinda silly if you ask me. :blink:

#74 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

We didn't mess up anything little orc, we only made Spiritual Hammer more like PnP granting it medium range (20 feet).

Who are you calling little, little man? You have it as a melee weapon, not a ranged weapon. Kinda silly if you ask me. :blink:

There are various reasons to do that, for example that I don't want the caster to suffer huge penalties when the hammer is used in melee, and that the hammer is a spiritual weapon that can hit at distance, it's not a thrown hammer.

#75 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

There are various reasons to do that, for example that I don't want the caster to suffer huge penalties when the hammer is used in melee, and that the hammer is a spiritual weapon that can hit at distance, it's not a thrown hammer.

Melee weapons don't use projectile animations though, or ignore them if they're there. I had intended on allowing the user to toggle between melee and ranged, but apparently that's not possible with a weapon in the magic slot.

#76 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

Melee weapons don't use projectile animations though, or ignore them if they're there. I had intended on allowing the user to toggle between melee and ranged, but apparently that's not possible with a weapon in the magic slot.

In fact I haven't added any projectile animation to it, thus if your code looks for checks the only noticeable change over vanilla should be range 20 instead of 1. SR doesn't mess up anything, and if there's a compatibility issue it's probably not my fault, but still I'd be glad to help if I can, whereas your blind campaign against Revisions mod is annoying as hell.

What you say about not being able to use two different headers for the magical slot is another reason to not make it a thrown hammer (it kinda stacks with the melee penalties thing).

#77 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

if there's a compatibility issue it's probably not my fault, but still I'd be glad to help if I can, whereas your blind campaign against Revisions mod is annoying as hell.

Oh hush. No one's campaigning or ranting here, except you.

another reason to not make it a thrown hammer

And yes, this mod makes (or aims to make) them thrown hammers. That's the name of the mod after all. At least I've made the Spiritual Hammers an optional component though, and I won't be overwriting them either :P.

#78 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

if there's a compatibility issue it's probably not my fault, but still I'd be glad to help if I can, whereas your blind campaign against Revisions mod is annoying as hell.

Oh hush. No one's campaigning or ranting here, except you.

Well, this is you: "Sigh. Won't be the first time I've had to revise a mod due to some sort of *Revisions muckery. What did they mess up this time?" ...before discovering it's you own fault.

#79 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

[Spell Revisions]

Item Revisions

I really shouldn't post when I'm tired.

#80 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

Russin Ready.

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 20 October 2010 - 11:10 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon