• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#81 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

Topic split. Continue the overwriting/patching discussion here, kplzthx.

#82 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

Repost from split discussion...

Edit: translations done

All I really need is one string (except I need it in French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian and, if someone wants to bring it up to date, Polish, though they'll probably have to retranslate the 15+ existing strings there).

@31 = ~Thrown Spiritual Hammers~

I suppose I could smuggle in the WeiDU strings, if anyone cares about translating them (already done for French, Spanish, Italian and, actually, Polish):

@-1000 = ~The %TP2_FILE_NAME% mod has~
@-1001 = ~distinct optional components.
To save time, you can choose what to do with them at a high level rather
than being asked about each one.
~
@-1002 = ~What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?
[I]nstall them, [S]kip them or [A]sk about each one? ~
@-1003 = ~What should be done with all components that are ALREADY installed?
[R]e-install them, [U]ninstall them, [S]kip them or [A]sk about each one? ~

@-1004 = ~PLEASE report this message in the file~
@-1005 = ~to~
@-1006 = ~Install component [~
@-1007 = ~]?
[R]einstall, [N]o change, [U]ninstall or [Q]uit? ~

@-1008 = ~]?
[I]nstall, [N]ot install or [Q]uit? ~

@-1009 = ~Enter part of a module name: ~
@-1010 = ~Reinstalling [~
@-1011 = ~] component~
@-1012 = ~Reinstalling using language~
@-1013 = ~Removing old installation of [~
@-1014 = ~] first ...~
@-1015 = ~SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED OLD~
@-1016 = ~Installing~
@-1017 = ~ERROR installing [~
@-1018 = ~], rolling back to previous state~
@-1019 = ~SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED ~
@-1020 = ~Skipping~
@-1021 = ~Removing [~
@-1022 = ~] (component #~
@-1023 = ~)~
@-1024 = ~SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED [~

@-1025 = ~]?
[R]einstall, [N]o change, [U]ninstall, [Q]uit or choose one:~
@-1026 = ~]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:~

@-1027 = ~ (currently installed)~
@-1028 = ~Would you like to display the components from [~
@-1029 = ~]?
[Y]es, [N]o? ~

@-1030 = ~]?
choose one:~

@-1031 = ~]?
[R]einstall, [N]o change, [Q]uit or choose one:~

@-1032 = ~NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS~
@-1033 = ~INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS ~
@-1034 = ~Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o~
@-1035 = ~Using language~
@-1036 = ~Skipping GROUP [~
@-1037 = ~] because it fails its requirements.~

The French readme needs updates for these sections (it is the only one besides English):

[Introduction]
In the Infinity Engine games, there are several war hammers that can be thrown, including the Dwarven Thrower +3 and Aegis-Fang. Although they are hammers, when they are thrown they actually appear as axes flying through the air instead of hammers. This modification adds animations so that thrown hammers appear as such rather than as axes. Any thrown hammers added by other mods will also get an appropriate animation.

An optional component adds a special animation to the Spiritual Hammer spell, shown above. Other optional components add normal throwing hammers, +1 throwing weapons and a few magic items, including Meraera's Dagger, Gethlun's Hammer and the Essembra Hammer. They are unique items and will appear for sale in random stores if you install the magic item component.

[Components]
Thrown Spiritual Hammers
This component patches all Spiritual Hammer spell projectiles to be thrown bluish hammers that trail smoke and sparks. Yes, it's primarily eye-candy :).

[Version History]
Version 3: 20 Oct 2010
- Fixed a bug in spiritual hammers not appearing as ranged weapons properly
- Split "Thrown Spiritual Hammers" from the main component into a separate component
- Tweaked compatibility to allow optional components to be installed in separate batch sessions

Edited by Miloch, 21 October 2010 - 06:30 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#83 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Version 3 uploaded.

Version 3: 31 Oct 2010
- Fixed a bug in spiritual hammers not appearing as ranged weapons properly
- Split "Thrown Spiritual Hammers" from the main component into a separate component
- Tweaked compatibility to allow optional components to be installed in separate batch sessions

(Also of potential interest to translators and modders, the mod contains fully-translated up-to-date generic WeiDU installer prompts in seven languages as of WeiDU v223.)

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#84 koveras22

koveras22
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Does this mod add a ranged ability to Aegis-Fang?
I think that it is a melee-only weapon in BG2 (unless if it is only Wulfgar who is able to use its ranged-ability).

#85 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

Description specifically points out that only Wulfgar is able to use the FAng to it's max potential.

Retired from modding.

#86 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Does this mod add a ranged ability to Aegis-Fang?

The initial post and the readme linked there say so, yes.

Wulfgar wields Aegis-Fang as a hammer +5 (aegis.itm, which is undroppable in the unmodded game) - to everyone else it is a hammer + 3 (aegis2.itm). IIRC, this mod makes both throwable (the description says nothing about that, only its enchantment).

#87 Son of Imoen

Son of Imoen
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

The link for the readme on farseek.com is dead. Is there another link for an online readme?

#88 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

The link for the readme on farseek.com is dead. Is there another link for an online readme?

Well, it should be at readme.spellholdstudios.net, but it isn't...  I have attached the readme for V3:

Attached File  Thrown Hammers Readme V3.rar   16.22K   336 downloads

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#89 Son of Imoen

Son of Imoen
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Well, it should be at readme.spellholdstudios.net, but it isn't...  I have attached the readme for V3:

attachicon.gifThrown Hammers Readme V3.rar

Thanks!

Off-topic in this topic but slightly related: you have a dead link in your signature: I'm still mourning for the loss of the CA Homepage. Any chance of it getting back someday?

Edited by Son of Imoen, 15 January 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#90 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Someday, yes. :)

#91 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Unfortunately, I had to bring my server down and SHS won't host readmes for smaller mods for some odd reason, or so I was told. I guess we could make a pinned forum post that mirrors the content... feel up to it, Sam.?

#92 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Unfortunately, I had to bring my server down and SHS won't host readmes for smaller mods for some odd reason, or so I was told. I guess we could make a pinned forum post that mirrors the content... feel up to it, Sam.?

I'm not exactly sure what you had in mind, but for now will something like Mirror for Readmes do?  Not a particularly great solution, but until I have time to figure out something better, it may have to do.  I'll be happy to add any other readmes that are sent my way, especially ones that aren't online at all (without having to dl the entire mod).  While I'm at it, here's a backup mirror for our mods as well:  Mirror for Mods.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#93 Son of Imoen

Son of Imoen
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Thanks Miloch and Sam.

#94 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you had in mind, but for now will something like Mirror for Readmes do?  Not a particularly great solution, but until I have time to figure out something better, it may have to do.

It's ok for now but it means folks have to download and extract the archive to view the readme. I was thinking more just doing a post with the readme or even editing the initial post in the thread to put it there. And since the OP is mine, I guess I should do it. I was just trying to pawn the work off on someone else :P.

#95 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

You still have to come up with a way to link to the images, even if you attach the HTML in the OP...

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#96 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

You can always attach the images to the post and do it thattaway :)

#97 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Wha...? You still can't attach images on the forum? I'd've thought that would've been one of the first things they'd've fixed. Er, nevermind, I guess K'aeloree ninjaed me - I'll assume it's working now...

#98 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

You still have to come up with a way to link to the images, even if you attach the HTML in the OP...
You can always attach the images to the post and do it thattaway :)
Wha...? You still can't attach images on the forum? I'd've thought that would've been one of the first things they'd've fixed. Er, nevermind, I guess K'aeloree ninjaed me - I'll assume it's working now...

I wasn't thinking about trying to paste the whole readme (in both languages?) into the first post...  I tried doing that with my PS WeiDU (Un)Installer, and the formatting really didn't convert well.  Took several edits to get it looking mostly acceptable, which caused several unnecessary "Previous Versions" of the file to be created (and yes, it "previewed" quite differently than it actually appeared when I submitted the post).  And yes, you can post images (at least as long as they're relatively small?, which these are) to the posts.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#99 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Alright, after playing around with how Dropbox works for a while, see if hammers-english and hammers-french work for you.

Edit:  @Miloch, if you're interested, the readme has a number of HTML errors/warnings.

Edited by Sam., 22 January 2013 - 10:43 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#100 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Seems to work for me. I think most of those messages are spurious though maybe a couple might be valid (though probably harmless since it displays as intended). I'll eventually take a look at it unless you want to try fixing it.