Photo

Clerics get their deity colours

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 -jimstrom-

-jimstrom-

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

I'm Really loving the work which has been done on most of these, however i have a request.

Please make a hairy version of minsc, but with his trademark facepaint intact, it would'nt be Minsc without it.

#82 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Faldorn (same claws, different druid)
Posted Image Posted Image

:wub:

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#83 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

*ahem*
So, any chance of these beautiful portraits being packaged ? I'm sure this could be integrated in L1NPC or such at some point, but in the meantime, a standalone V1 would surely make quite a few people happy, me included. :cheers:

Alternatively, how would one go about doing it manually ? Is it just a matter of saving xxxxxL and xxxxxS BMP files at the right sizes and dumping them in override, as this page seems to suggest ? Is the character namelist they give still valid for a BGT install ?

Cheers,

Fred

Edited by Tonton Fred, 30 July 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#84 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

Is it just a matter of saving xxxxxL and xxxxxS BMP files at the right sizes and dumping them in override, as this page seems to suggest ? Is the character namelist they give still valid for a BGT install ?

It should be, yes. You'll have to save the images here as bitmaps (.bmp files) but any graphics program should be able to do that, even MS Paint. I was working on packaging these as a mod but got distracted by fixing other mods and RL stuff. I'll try to pick it up again or at least post the most recent edits (some of the ones here are older versions).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#85 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

You'll have to save the images here as bitmaps (.bmp files) but any graphics program should be able to do that, even MS Paint. I was working on packaging these as a mod but got distracted by fixing other mods and RL stuff. I'll try to pick it up again or at least post the most recent edits (some of the ones here are older versions).

Heck.... even a joke of a modder like me can package a portrait replacement mod silly-head.

/me cracks the whip

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#86 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

Heck.... even a joke of a modder like me can package a portrait replacement mod silly-head.

Yeah, I know portrait mods should be easy but it does take time if you want to do it properly, like patching CREs to have the correct colours to match their portraits etc.

On the other hand, it's dead easy to add a translation and update an existing mod :D (eh, usually).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#87 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

at least post the most recent edits

Ooooh.... Pretty please ? :Bow:

#88 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

Hey, these are great! I'm trying to compile a "looks mostly like the original Bioware artwork, but just without the fugly" portrait pack, and I'd like to include some of these in the completed works. I could redo some myself but yours are just so good that I don't see the need. :-)

The ones I'd like to include are:
Cernd
Keldorn
Valygar
Viconia
Jan

Would you be okay if I bundled them with some other portraits I made, if I credited you in a readme file? Just for comparison's sake, here is my working thread for other portraits: link

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing. :)

#89 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Would you be okay if I bundled them with some other portraits I made, if I credited you in a readme file?

Sure, go ahead. I don't know when I'll get around to modising these. No need to credit me, most of the original work isn't mine anyway (therefore I don't think any modded portraits should be subject to copyright, credit, permission, etc.). It is probably a good idea to do separate components and detect if the portrait or component is already installed then skip it. That will only be important when I get around to making a mod of this though, because I would do the same if a portrait is already installed via some other mod. If you do make any improvements, just let me know - maybe I'll include them if they're better than mine.

#90 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Well, your Minsc made me redo Minsc too. You can pack him in yours when you get around to it if you want, I don't mind :) You can also edit him more if you want, because I know you are doing a more saturated pack than I am.

Posted Image

^^ That's Xzibit's hair, btw. Minsc is now into the business of pimping our rides. 8)

Edited by Enkida, 30 November 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#91 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

Looks good. Someone a while back in this thread requested a tattooed Minsc, might've gotten around to that locally, not sure. Always preferred him without the tattoos but I've got no issues with personal preference and options if I can accommodate it. Hardest thing to do with a portrait mod (which no portrait mod does that I've seen) is change the actual character colours (the values on the .cre or .chr files) - easily done in theory, but it should be done for every NPC changing component IMO.

Edit: You gave Minsc a sort of "Ghengis Khan" look without him looking totally Mongolic - I like that, kinda how I imagined the Rashemaar but like with my edits, just don't work on JPGs if you can help it. I made some .bmp changes since then, will get those to you if you want them, always better to work with uncorrupted files (jpegs are corrupted by definition as they compress pixels etc.).

Edited by Miloch, 02 December 2011 - 12:30 AM.

#92 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

Sure, if you want I can give you my core files as well (via fileshare, they are psds) so you can edit to your heart's content. That way his beard and hair ans skin tone will be in separate layers if you want to edit one but not the other. PM me with your email addy, I will do the same, and we can toss psd or tiff files around. :-)

Additionally, here are your original files. I desaturated a few of them to match default Bioware stuff - with things like Cernd and Viconia, I noticed you did that later on in the thread too, but since we did it separately it might not match one another in tone perfectly, hence the heads up:
http://www.shsforums...12

Edited by Enkida, 02 December 2011 - 01:53 PM.

#93 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Any chance you can make time to update these to be sized for BGEE?

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#94 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Well, I'd have to get to the computer with the portraits first, they're not even online anymore either. So eventually yes, but not anytime soon unfortunately.

#95 Hathor

Hathor

Noldo of Himring

• 176 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Also, does anyone know where this Viconia portrait is from? I had it in with my edits from a couple years back, but I don't think it's mine... I don't remember removing the headband anyway.

attachicon.gifnviconl2.jpg

She is mine, but I've lost all the large images (G in the game), do you have the rest of my re-colours in the biggest variant? The whole set:

http://www.shsforums...conia-portrait/

Edited by Hathor, 24 April 2013 - 05:06 AM.

Portfolio Forgotten Isle and gallery at deviantART.