• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

gimme your photoshop skills >_< specialy now when i need them soo much ;(

Edited by Irbis, 03 December 2008 - 03:02 PM.

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png

#42 --Miloch--

--Miloch--

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

There will be a "Miloch's portaits Pack"? I hope it!

Er, yeah... I guess I'll have to "modise" this too. Been busy with school, but I'll be done finally in a couple weeks.

#43 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

but I'll be done finally in a couple weeks.

:Tasty: Woohoo!! :coolthumb:

I was starting to think that, in these hard times, you were forced to eat your girlfriend's dog and got sick and died afterwords because it licked up antifreeze or something. :lol:

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#44 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

Wow, I didn't notice this topic before!

Great job (as usual, Miloch!).

I am going to replace for sure Viconia, Branwen and perhaps more (the photorealistic ones are also really great but wouldn't mix up so well with the style of the others, in my opinion). :cheers:

#45 Itarilde

Itarilde
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:04 AM

All portraits look very nice :)

The problem with Dynaheir's darker skin tone... I think that she should get some subtle highlights on the nose, cheeks and forehead, in slightly less saturated and more purple colour than her basic skin tone (it's kind of hard to explain, I know).

Shar-Teel has very bright lighting on her back and that's probably why the helmet looks so odd - light reflections don't match, but it's just my humble opinion. I might be wrong.

#46 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

*cough*

So I got bored looking at code and decided to break out the Macally tablet today. Weelll, either it sucks or I do, 'cause I can't even draw a straight line on it :blink:. But I did end up doing some edits the old way on a portrait that's been hanging me up for a while.

Jaheira as Druid of Silvanus

The ceremonial dress for both clerics and druids of Silvanus is a suit of armor made of overlapping leaves. For clerics, the leaves are made of metal plates and the suit functions as a set of scale mail. For druids, the leaves are made of green-tinted leather and the suit functions as leather armor. (from Faiths and Avatars)

t-jahei1.jpg t-jahei2.jpg njaheirl.jpg
"Braidless" version (hair adapted from Kate's edit I asked her for so long ago), early edit with braids and original for comparison.

Nitpicking? Preferences? Should I provide both?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#47 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

Braidless is sure better. But regardless I don't like her face much.

Retired from modding.

#48 RYUchan

RYUchan
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

Very nicely done portraits :)

Though I think Shar-Teel is not so brutal anymore :)

Oh and about Viconia I think that her new portrait is just too black. I've always thought that Viconia is a bit too bright for a drow but I think it's better to let cloak stay yellow. It won't be close to a lore but then again she used cloak to disguise herself and it doesn't nessesary have to be Shar's cloak. Also when it was yellow the contrast with her skin made her portrait looked very nice. I mean that against the background of bright cloak her face looked dark even in her default version.

#49 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:07 AM

Miloch - the reason you've had trouble with Shar-Teel's helm is that helm and head are slightly different sizes (yeah - talk about the obvious!). I f you take the third portrait with the original helm and distort the helm slightly (make it wider) you should find that it will sit correctly.

-Y-

#50 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

Wow, I had totally missed this !

1) Love the tweaked portraits (the live person ones, less)
2) Is this available as a mod ??

Braidless Jaheira looks nice, but why did you remove the scars ?

Cheers,
Fred

#51 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

Braidless is sure better. But regardless I don't like her face much.

Not much I can do about that short of giving her a new face. I did move her left (our right) eye a bit left, which I think was one of the more annoying aspects... not sure if that helps much though. Also did a quick edit of her BG1 portrait with the new armour - maybe some folks will prefer that one.

Braidless Jaheira looks nice, but why did you remove the scars ?

No real reason except I was trying to achieve a hybrid sort-of look between her BG1 and BG2 portraits. I put them back in the edit below.
t-jahei4.jpg t-jahei3.jpg

Oh and about Viconia I think that her new portrait is just too black. I've always thought that Viconia is a bit too bright for a drow but I think it's better to let cloak stay yellow. It won't be close to a lore but then again she used cloak to disguise herself and it doesn't nessesary have to be Shar's cloak.

I think there are some edits like that floating around somewhere. This one *is* called "Clerics get their deity colours" so yeah, it's a black and purple cloak.

Miloch - the reason you've had trouble with Shar-Teel's helm is that helm and head are slightly different sizes (yeah - talk about the obvious!). I f you take the third portrait with the original helm and distort the helm slightly (make it wider) you should find that it will sit correctly.

Bah, I thought I was done with her :P.

2) Is this available as a mod ??

Well that's the idea eventually - just trying to finish up a few more (as long as folks don't make me go back and edit old ones :P).

So next up is everyone's most hated avariel.
Aerie as Priestess of Aerdrie and Baervan (yeah, she's messed up like that :D)

Ceremonial garb for priests of Aerdrie consists of sky-blue robes, with those of high rank wearing the darkest shades. Feathers are used in decorating their clothing and armor, and at least one feather is worn in the hair. The holy symbol of the faith is a feather of great beauty... Streamlined helms, carved to resemble stylized bird heads and padded to reduce concussions, are secured with leather chin straps.

The clerical garb of Baervan's priests includes a green cap (always worn at a jaunty angle) and wood brown clothing (leather armor will do in a pinch). The holy symbol of the faith is an oversized acorn...

t-aerie1.jpg t-aerie2.jpg naeriel.jpg
Left portrait favours Aerdrie's garb, the middle one Baervan's (original on right). Hair is from Kate again. Didn't bother with the helm or cap. Not only do I suck at doing headgear, but I think they would look silly even if I could pull them off.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#52 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

nice stuff :) Imma download some of these!

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#53 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

Ok, I think this is the last batch before I (try to) package this sucker. Nothing too radical here, mainly slight colour adjustments. Modified versions on left, originals on right unless otherwise noted.

How's this then? (new and old):
t-shartl.jpg t-sharto.jpg
It's wider anyway, and I adjusted the shadows to try to conform to the weird under/backlighting. Yeah it probably still looks weird because the helm centre isn't perfectly aligned with the nose bridge, but I didn't do this in a 3D modeller so that's probably as good as it's gonna get.

Anomen as Warrior-Priest of Helm
t-anomn1.jpg nanomenl.jpg
Ajantis as Paladin of Helm
t-ajant1.jpg ajantisl.jpg

Priests of Helm wear spotless, shining (often everbright-enchanted), unblemished full plate armor with open-faced helms (a visor reduces vision)... Such armor may be accessorized with red cloaks and tabards of steel gray... In southern regions, Helmite clergy members often wear the finest full plate armor set with gems and worked with gold filigree...

Mainly the red cloaks and "unblemished" armour are different (though I finally wiped that smirk off Anomen's face... sort of, anyway).

Keldorn as Paladin of Torm (gets his proper armour colour)
t-keldn1.jpg nkeldorl.jpg inpplat.gif

Priests of Torm wear clean, bright, smooth-polished plate armor... The hue of the armor (or robes) denotes teh rank of the wearer...

Not gonna quote all the ranks, but if Keldorn were a true priest of Torm (not a paladin), his armour hue would place him somewhere in the middle ranks (a "Vigilant" or something).

Cernd as Druid of Chauntea (gets his cloak)
t-cernd1.jpg ncerndl.jpg inpclck.gif
As far as I know, the game does not actually mention which druidic deity Cernd serves, but he refers to "Nature" as a "her." As a greater power, Chauntea is the most likely target - Mielikki's portfolio is not broad enough. It matters little though, colour-wise, as all druidic deities pretty much stick with green and brown (and Cernd has a green cloak in any case).

Priests of high rank of all types in the service of Chauntea tend to favor white or sun-colored ceremonial robes trimmed in deep forest green and to use staves smoothed by much handling but otherwise natural in appearance. Some such staves are enchanted to purify or promote the growth of what they touch... The druids prefer simple brown robes with high rank denoted only by a belt laced with gold thread or some other similar, precious decoration.

Valygar as Amnian Ranger (gets his proper armour colour)
t-valyg.jpg nvalygal.jpg inpchan.gif
Nothing too special about this. Works best with aTweaks "Change Valygar's Armor Appearance" which makes his worn armour colours actually match the icon.

Jan gets his proper armour colour (and other stuff)
t-jan.jpg njanl.jpg inparm01.gif inpmisc1.gif
The last (hopefully) of the "armour-matching" portraits, Jan gets his proper "Adventure-Wear" and "Spectroscopes" colours as per the icons and worn armour. In addition, he gets proper rock gnome colours (or tinker gnome ones, which are much the same only less varied).

The eye color of a Rock Gnome is predominately blue... The brownish color of the Rock Gnomes' skin can be encountered in many shades [ruddy and earthen on average]... In mature adults, the hair and beard are almost universally white or pale gray... (From The Complete Book of Gnomes and Halflings)

Phew. Well if anyone wants more tweaks, let me know before I start packaging everything :ph34r:.

#54 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

Phew. Well if anyone wants more tweaks, let me know before I start packaging everything :ph34r:.

If anyone wants more tweaks, you can always keep them for V2. Otherwise, we risk running a repeat of :

I'll be done finally in a couple weeks.

:lol:

Great job in any case, your portraits really add flavor to the characters ! :cheers:

#55 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:51 AM

If anyone wants more tweaks, you can always keep them for V2. Otherwise, we risk running a repeat of :

I'll be done finally in a couple weeks.

Maybe you folks took that out of context:

Been busy with school, but I'll be done finally in a couple weeks.

Said school would be done in a couple weeks, not the potential mod :P.

#56 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:29 AM

I just wanted to say that I love what you've done for Keldorn, Valygar and Jan!

For some reason I have an exact copy of what you've done with Viconia since at least three years...had you already worked on her ages ago? :blink:

P.S I'm fixing Valygar's armor color palette with IR too. :whistling:

#57 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:31 AM

Actually... I do have one complaint :P: Cernd's cloak looks too "flashy" compared to the rest of the picture, which is mostly soft grays, blues and browns. Did you try fading or toning down the green a bit ?

#58 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

For some reason I have an exact copy of what you've done with Viconia since at least three years...had you already worked on her ages ago?

Well the original post is from two years ago, so yeah, more or less. Unless you have it mistaken with a similar edit (see below).

P.S I'm fixing Valygar's armor color palette with IR too.

By patching it, I trust? :P Do you have a component number for that? I might shuffle it in too, but I can skip it if your component or aTweaks' is installed.

Cernd's cloak looks too "flashy" compared to the rest of the picture, which is mostly soft grays, blues and browns. Did you try fading or toning down the green a bit ?

I did already, believe it or not, but I can tone it down more.
t-cerndl.jpg
Good enough? Should still be close to his cloak icon, though that is even brighter I think.

Also, does anyone know where this Viconia portrait is from? I had it in with my edits from a couple years back, but I don't think it's mine... I don't remember removing the headband anyway.
nviconl2.jpg

#59 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

Ok, I think this is the last batch before I (try to) package this sucker. Nothing too radical here, mainly slight colour adjustments. Modified versions on left, originals on right unless otherwise noted.

How's this then? (new and old):
t-shartl.jpg t-sharto.jpg
It's wider anyway, and I adjusted the shadows to try to conform to the weird under/backlighting. Yeah it probably still looks weird because the helm centre isn't perfectly aligned with the nose bridge, but I didn't do this in a 3D modeller so that's probably as good as it's gonna get.

Is this what you're after? Damn - forgot to recurve the centre strap.

-Y-

Edit: it really is a bitmap, hence the stupid .jpg.bmp extension if you try to download it.

Posted Image

Edited by Yovaneth, 20 July 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#60 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Is this what you're after? Damn - forgot to recurve the centre strap.

Eh, but you're the one who said the helm was too small for her head and should be wider, and you used the narrower version for your edit... :blink: