Photo

NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
944 replies to this topic

#941 skellytz

skellytz
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

Did you try this way: Post-processing > Replace colors > Palette > Load MBER_BO.BMP ?

Yeah, this works fine with 20180531. Thanks :)

(It didn't help with 20180615, though.)

#942 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Staff
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:40 PM

Update: NearInfinity v2.1-20180615

This release provides a greatly overhauled BAM Converter and BAM decoder. See more details in the changlog below. Because of the great number of changes, it is possible to encounter a bug or two. Please report any unusual behavior you might find in that regard.

Changes:

• Greatly overhauled BAM Converter:
    • Added alpha palette support. Enabled for games that support BAM with alpha palette (i.e. Enhanced Edition games).
    • Improved visualization of palette in BAM palette dialog.
    • Added a global palette sorting option.
    • Fixed various color filters to work correctly with alpha-blended BAM frames.
    • Improved GIF import function. It should now correctly handle more advanced structures in animated GIFs. (There is still a chance that some animations can't be imported because of poor native GIF decoding support by Java.)
  • Improved alpha palette support in BAM decoder.
  • Overhauled color reduction functionality: Improves visual quality of converted palette-based BAM, MOS and TIS files.
  • Added a button to ARE > Actor > Animation field for opening creature animation definition files of selected type, if available.
  • Added missing field "First letter of CRE resref" to ARE > Actor structure (only relevant in saved areas).
  • Removed fields from GAM NPC substructures that are not used by the games.
  • Fixed area-related field labels in GAM structure.

Where and when can I find this option?

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#943 Argent77

Argent77
  • Staff
  • 966 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:44 AM

Update: NearInfinity v2.1-20180615

This release provides a greatly overhauled BAM Converter and BAM decoder. See more details in the changlog below. Because of the great number of changes, it is possible to encounter a bug or two. Please report any unusual behavior you might find in that regard.

Changes:

• Greatly overhauled BAM Converter:
    • Added a global palette sorting option.

Where and when can I find this option?

It's available in the BAM Converter options dialog (see screenshot). It will currently only sort palette when color reduction is applied.

Spoiler

Edited by Argent77, 13 August 2018 - 03:45 AM.

#944 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Staff
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Arfg. My fault: I tried to sort existing bam palettes.

Thanks for the clarification.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#945 Argent77

Argent77
  • Staff
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:35 PM

I'm not yet really happy with the current implementation, but it would have been too much work to make palette sorting available in another way. I'll see if I can improve the situation in a future update.