Photo

NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1153 replies to this topic

#101 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

For effect 177 (Use EFF file), there is a limited selection of IDS's available.  Would it be possible to enable all IDS's to be an option?  Just as an example, if I wanted to filter an effect to only apply to Dynaheir, I would use NPC.IDS : DYNAHEIR.  Her # within the IDS is already given (4), so I'm wondering if you can figure out and tell us the other IDS #'s.

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#102 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

For effect 177 (Use EFF file), there is a limited selection of IDS's available.  Would it be possible to enable all IDS's to be an option?  Just as an example, if I wanted to filter an effect to only apply to Dynaheir, I would use NPC.IDS : DYNAHEIR.  Her # within the IDS is already given (4), so I'm wondering if you can figure out and tell us the other IDS #'s.

Unfortunately, it looks like the current selection is a hardcoded limitation.

#103 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hmm.  Does that mean the engine just doesn't have assigned #s for the other IDSs?  Sadface.

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#104 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Hmm.  Does that mean the engine just doesn't have assigned #s for the other IDSs?  Sadface.
Yeah.

New build. I was not able to reproduce Argent77's problem for some reason, but unless the people who document Java are liars, this build should fix it. There are also a few minor bug fixes, but nothing major. No ETA on full BGEE compatibility, in case anyone is wondering. If it wasn't obvious by now, I also completely slacked off on the TIS-header stuff. Turns out the TIS code is not always able to handle header-equipped TIS files, or something. Some other day, perhaps.

Source is here, as usual.

Attached Files

Edited by Wisp, 13 May 2013 - 05:51 AM.

#105 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

The new build works perfectly!

Both WAV files and ACM files are decoding and playing nicely now. Well done! :new_thumbs:

#106 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

Works for me as well.  1st post updated.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#107 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

New build. Notably, this version features handling of VEF files, written by Argent77.
This version will also transparently use UTF8 when reading BGEE TLKs, without interfering with your charset of choice for non-BGEE games. Now, if it could also have let you choose which TLK you want to source your strings from, that would have been just swell.

Source is here, as usual.

Edit: oh, I forgot to mention, starting with this version I will be compiling against Java 7, so my builds probably won't run on Java 6 and earlier versions. The code itself will still compile on Java 6.

Attached Files

Edited by Wisp, 06 June 2013 - 02:37 AM.

#108 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Wisp: Is it possible to add compatibility with OGG Vorbis sound files? That's the standard for BG(2):EE and NI is currently unable to read it.

#109 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

I imagine so. A quick search reveals at least one Java library capable of decoding OGG Vorbis. (Under the assumption I do it,) NI will probably support the new audio format before it supports the new image format (no Java library for PVR as far as I can tell, and you have to sign up and log in before you are allowed the privilege of viewing their precious format specification), but I couldn't tell you when it will happen.

Edited by Wisp, 07 June 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#110 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Sam, could you rewrite the first post so the last and so the best version would be on top and the rest hidden with spoiler tags like so:

[spoiler] -text- [/spoiler]

To produce this:
Spoiler

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#111 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Sam, could you rewrite the first post so the last and so the best version would be on top and the rest hidden with spoiler tags like so:
[spoiler] -text- [/spoiler]
To produce this:
Spoiler

I know how spoiler tags work, there's one in my sig... :P

Is that a little cleaner?

Edited by Sam., 08 June 2013 - 10:07 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#112 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

I know how spoiler tags work, there's one in my sig... :P
Is that a little cleaner?
Ouh yeah, well it's my policy to give the copyable code instead of asking things without reference just in general, it's as easy for new forum people as to old.
And yes, it's far better now.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#113 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

New build. New features include from-scratch resource creation (available under the file menu), file headers on exported TIS files, improved handling of PRO files (dynamic resizing depending on the projectile type) and a fair amount of minor-ish fixes and other changes. All credit for this goes to Argent77.

Source code.

Attached Files

#114 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Please could you explain us how to use the "from-scratch resource creation" fonction ? It is desesperately grayed in the file menu...

Thanks.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#115 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

What game are you trying to use it on? The list of available resources is tailored to the deteced game, so if your game is not detected properly that would lead to problems. NI should print the name of the detected game at the bottom of the window.

#116 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Error message

Could not find the main class: infinty.NearInfinity. Program will exit.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#117 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Error message

Could not find the main class: infinty.NearInfinity. Program will exit.

You need to update your Java library.

#118 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

What game are you trying to use it on? The list of available resources is tailored to the deteced game, so if your game is not detected properly that would lead to problems. NI should print the name of the detected game at the bottom of the window.

A BG2-ToB clone for coding my mod : everything worked fine with the previous versions. And NI works like a charm except this new tool !

CARPE DIEM ....

#119 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

A BG2-ToB clone for coding my mod : everything worked fine with the previous versions. And NI works like a charm except this new tool !

CARPE DIEM ....

#120 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

I was afraid of that. The last time I did an update I had nothing but problems, so I had to roll back to an older version.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying