• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

I know there are a few people out there with some suggestions for SHS, and I'm sure every now and then there'll be a problem with the website or forums. If you experience a problem or are struck by a brilliant idea, please post here!

:cheers:

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

The 'Jump to Page X' option doesn't work for me.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Yeah, doesn't work for me either, on any browser. I'd be tempted to just call it a forum software bug, because there's not really any easy fix for it.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

The Search function (http://www.shsforums...oads&req=search) in SHS DC appears to kick me back to the SHS forums main page (http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?). Tested in Firefox 3.0.1 and Internet Explorer 6.00.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

Fixed! Thanks. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#6 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

Discovered a quite hilarious "problem". I noticed that for at least 5th reply the number of my posts is still on 309. It's showing just on my computer or does anyone else have the same "problem"?

EDIT: but everytime when I post in different section (Requests forum for example), the number increases for one. But as long as I stick in only one section, the number of my posts is still the same.

Edited by Neferit, 01 September 2008 - 03:37 AM.

Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:39 AM

Maybe it's because spam posts posts in Quayle's Circus don't count anymore towards Post Count?

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#8 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:05 AM

Discovered a quite hilarious "problem". I noticed that for at least 5th reply the number of my posts is still on 309. It's showing just on my computer or does anyone else have the same "problem"?

EDIT: but everytime when I post in different section (Requests forum for example), the number increases for one. But as long as I stick in only one section, the number of my posts is still the same.

It was decided that posts in Quayle's Circus wouldn't add to post counts or be listed in "View New Posts." For a full explanation, please read the pinned topic, Welcome to Quayle's Circus.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#9 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

Guys, would you please do something about Gaming News not showing in "new posts"? There've really been too many of them, and not all of them are correct or relevant.

(S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Clear Sky release hindered, how lame is that? It's been available in Russia for weeks, and DHL works fine. It's not like you need to know _Russian_ to play it. Really.)

#10 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

I'm with Kulyok on that; the number of new Gaming News posts is kind of overwhelming. If I want to see them, I'll go to the forum.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

Done :) Will make a post noting it in a moment.

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:15 AM

If people want the news, the people can subscribe to the RSS feed on a news reader.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#13 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:20 AM

Thanks!

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#14 -BLA-

-BLA-

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:34 AM

http://www.spellhold.../ie/pst-qtweaks

links to an incorrect page:

http://readme.spellh...aks_Readme.html

should be

http://readme.spellh...aks_Readme.html

one T is missing 404

#15 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

Thanks BLA, I'll fix that ASAP. :cheers:

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

I don't know if you can solve this, but so far I have noticed that the forum software eat the zeroes if I use backslash -marks and 0 'es together. Demo, I'll put as many zeroes between the backslashes as with the forward slashes and one in the middle, and the result is: /0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0\\\\ from this: Posted Image
OK, so I do get why the software eats the multiple spaces if they are not in a code box, but this backslash thing happens even within the code box.

Also speaking about the codebox, it's way too wide even on my 1920x1200 screen(I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.04), so it goes over the board borders, if I put too much text on one of the lines... it used to provide a useful leaver/whatever but now I get and need to use two, one to move from side to side on the board window, and one on the actual code window. This could be the MFf3.04's fault though.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#17 Lykainon

Lykainon

Extraordinary in a way your puny mortal brain cannot grasp.

• 198 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

This may or may not be the right place to ask this and the question itself may or may not be a stupid one, however...

Has SHS IRC-channel become inactive/moved/self-destructed or something? Since real-time talking is a nice change of pace from forum talking I tried accessing it the other day but it seems that I (despite following the instructions closely) just end up creating a new channel with that name.
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meet the rising ape."

- Death, Hogfather (Terry Pratchett)

Arr! There be a pirate in the making!

#18 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

This isn't a problem, more of a personal preference, but I've noticed that when I add a bookmark to a SHS topic (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=36208 for instance) the bookmark uses the SHS icon. On the other hand, if I add a bookmark to a specific post (http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=415746 for instance) the SHS icon is not used. Can this be corrected? This occurs with Firefox version 3.0.10 and Internet Explorer Version 8.0.6001.18702

Icon_Visual.jpg

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#19 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hm. I'm afraid I can't reproduce the error. I've tried to bookmark individual posts both with Firefox and IE, and the favicon shows up in both cases.

I've tried something that might work, but can't verify myself. Could you please check and see if there is any difference now?

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#20 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

Sometimes you have to use the bookmark and then load the link multiple times, before the icon comes to be assosiated with the link. So did you try to use it at all? And before you answer, that is supposed to be rhetorical question.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 May 2009 - 11:20 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.