Bug Report for 0.50a

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

Then I was robbed of my possessions and left naked, without any possible way to avoid it, for the second time. That's when you guys lost me. Too bad, I liked this mod well enough until then. Second time's not the charm. Sorry. :unsure:

Actually it is:
Spoiler

I seem to have hitted a snack, I can't advance to the Slavers Fortress after the Temple, I do know where it should lyes but it's grayed out, and I can't find an exit that would take me there, and I have gone through the Westgate throughly, or at least I think so.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#22 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:57 PM

Then I was robbed of my possessions and left naked, without any possible way to avoid it, for the second time. That's when you guys lost me. Too bad, I liked this mod well enough until then. Second time's not the charm. Sorry. :unsure:

The original slaver series modules first published in the 70's was exactly the same except you also had lost all of your memorized spells. To make matters worse the slavers used a lot of great tactics, such as Ketta hiding in the water waiting to jump out for a backstab or fly spells. We are trying to stick with the original modules as best as we can. Jarno has mentioned a spoiler if you care to read it.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#23 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

I seem to have hitted a snack, I can't advance to the Slavers Fortress after the Temple, I do know where it should lyes but it's grayed out, and I can't find an exit that would take me there, and I have gone through the Westgate throughly, or at least I think so.

I see this also. You can get there from the village nearby. If you don't see that on the map, leave Westgate and go to the map that exited from the temple. From there, North side, you can enter the village.

I haven't figured out what is going on here. The Westgate city maps seem to all jump you around to the wrong sides of areas. I'll have it fixed for the next time, but there are definitely bugs with the Worldmap.

BTW, did anyone else get attacked by slavers when going in or out of the lizardmen swamp? That is now fixed but it sure surprised me!

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 19 October 2009 - 09:27 AM.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#24 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

I see this also. You can get there from the village nearby. If you don't see that on the map, leave Westgate and go to the map that exited from the temple. From there, North side, you can enter the village.

Actually I needed to go to the castle/Temples entrance, and exit from the South to get to the Slavers Fortress. :wacko:

BTW, did anyone else get attacked by slavers when going in or out of the lizardmen swamp? That is now fixed but it sure surprised me!

Those slavers that had the special +2 short sword, +1 platemail etc. I have been attacked by them at least 3 times, one probably the same as you and twice after the entrance to Westgate and re-entry back.

#25 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:03 PM

It's my first run through of this mod and its been fun and refreshing to see new material. But now I've run into a problem. On the map you enter after leaving the Westgate tunnel - TC1550 - with all the spiders and ettercaps, I have repeated CTD on the central and southern portions of the map. If there is nothing important there I will just skip it and take the exit north.

1)Also in Westgate itself, there is the skinny merchant who "has nothing to say" and won't sell items. (Also I have the Aurora mod installed and she won't show up there either - not your fault but thought it worth a mention)

2)In the Westgate Inn (took me a long time to find it btw) Captain Garina, Tiny, etc. have nothing to say either. When I attack them the captain stays blue and runs away, so I kill him first. The others go hostile including the ships officers and then the innkeeper (I had to clua Panendithas back in so party could rest)

3)I read that SBB added a potion of mirrored eyes to deal with the basilisks in a warehouse, but it wasn't there (It looks like random treasure in chests).

4)Chesnar the sawmill guy has looping dialogue (this was mentioned elsewhere too).

5)Earlier in the game, if you kick out Narcissa (in Mistmoor), she has nothing to say if you try to rejoin her.

6)When you get a knighthood from Rilithar are you supposed to get something? A title or item, something, anything?

7)When you return to Selgaunt bridge, Rilithar likes to sit there and chug potions over and over. In Westgate there is a message when reloading the game that Rilithar chugged a potion - but he is nowhere to be found.

8)Dilbert magically appeared without equipment in Westgate, he is standing next to the guillotine on the top left side. Is that expected?

9)I've read about Dracandros and his buddies in Westgate but have checked every building and they aren't around.

That's it for now. Thanks.

Edited by maximus2001, 28 October 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

It's my first run through of this mod and its been fun and refreshing to see new material. But now I've run into a problem. On the map you enter after leaving the Westgate tunnel - TC1550 - with all the spiders and ettercaps, I have repeated CTD on the central and southern portions of the map. If there is nothing important there I will just skip it and take the exit north.

Hmm... there is really nothing important there. I didn't get a CTD there... hmm, check if your installation might be lacking in 1 of the two ways; does the web spell work correctly? So cast it on where your groups stands... As there are web traps... And do all the spider creatures work?

3)I read that SBB added a potion of mirrored eyes to deal with the basilisks in a warehouse, but it wasn't there (It looks like random treasure in chests).
4)...
8)Dilbert magically appeared without equipment in Westgate, he is standing next to the guillotine on the top left side. Is that expected?
9)I've read about Dracandros and his buddies in Westgate but have checked every building and they aren't around.

3. SBB said that it will be in the next release, not in this(0.50a). I ball-ed the basilisks with fire.
4. It was me...
8. Did you strip him at the start... I did and let him off from my party, so he was didn't have weapons, or armor in Westgate.
9. You probably haven't gotten to the area in Westgate where they are... it's after the tc1550, at the very south part of the west gate city map, where there is the "White Rabbit" or some such building marked on the minimap.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 30 October 2009 - 12:08 PM.

#27 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

Dirbert appears now? Interesting. I thought I had dropped that idea. We originally wanted Dirbert and Shadow to be available to you in Westgate (captured by slavers). However, we never got around to writing any dialogs about this. So the code block to make either of them appear was deliberately broken until the dialogs were created. I guess I must have fixed it and forgot we still don't have the dialogs. Also, they really need to be at higher XP levels. A level 2 thief isn't going to do you much good in the Slaver series.

As for the outdoor area with the spiders. The problems in the past were from bad spawn points. All of these should be working as as this version. However, if you entered the area prior to installing the patch, the ARE file of the area is still in your saved game. So it will continue to CTD. Nothing here anyways.

Classic Adventures

#28 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

Thanks.

@Jarno - web spell and spiders seemed to work ok, except once in a while would get ctd vs spiders in the area with the basilisks.

Found Dracandos and co in the area that you said. They only had crap equipment on them though...

Dirbert was probably stripped before Myth Drannor (forgot about that).

@SBB - I had the patch installed before I entered area. Its ok, just went to top of map and left without exploring more.

Playing on a little further found a few more:

1)Some of the slaves in temple area (TC 1503) had nothing to say so no xp for freeing.

2)Getting to the Slaver Fortress was tricky as it stayed greyed out on worldmap. Tried the suggestions but there was no exit cursor for south on the temple map(TC1500). Also couldn't get there from werewolf village(TC1650) or the map where you exit underground area of temple(TC1050). Finally I went to village, then back to Westgate, then it worked.

3)Duergar in cave (TC1660) says "get em boys" but stayed blue and no reinforcements showed up besides the guys already there.

4)Suna Seni and her buddies have ambushed three times (during the longer travelling times on the map). Kind of funny but good battle and loot.

5)Slaver guard at front door of Slaver Fortress gives option in dialogue about Icar/Markessa and never met them.

6)Guards don't go hostile and no reinforcements when front door guard sounds alarm.

7)Sometimes Harpies would cause crash, sometimes not. Strange...

8)One of merchants says to get rid of Harpies, but you can't because they respawn.

9)Buranta doesn't say anything if you join her, then kick her out, then talk again.

10)When fighting Kessa/Markessa (and she was near death) got a text message partly French/partly English "aidez-moi" and some other stuff.

11)Markessa's body says return to Waterdeep, but Althon's dialogue says bring to Myth Drannor.

12)When Kessa clone walks up later, the only option to tell Althon is to say there's no room in the party for her (and she follows you, etc.). Thought she could join you.

13)In the Crypts, the cheating skeletons can launch their flame arrows through walls if they see you (and you run away to the other side of wall).

14)There is a stonesin scroll that is unusable by anyone (don't know the code for it). Other stoneskin scroll was ok.

15)The Bartender in the Brothel in Westgate (TC1100) ctd when talking with him.

16)In the Westgate docks I did the "find a captain and ship" thing out of order but it worked. Talked with the sailors first then the innkeeper. I got options from sailors like I talked with innkeeper first. In the end it worked ok, but captain and others stayed in their buildings and on the dock too.

17)Invisible stalkers and shambling mound gave no xp.

18)In the Caves with the myconids, there is a wall with two circles you can click on. I got text saying something like Rilithar takes you as his wife. (ha ha, for Althon maybe)

19)In the chamber with the council, Althon says I delivered them and Brother Milerjoi gives dialogue "Are we ready to kill...", and your only choice is "No Valid Replies or Links". And on the bottom (instead of continue tab) you can click on "are we finally ready to kill them".

20)After that no one goes hostile, had to provoke a fight. Everyone died quickly except the unkillable Stim. After reading about this will try without killing him and the leader and see if it works.

Thanks.

These are all minor things except the Stim thing. :D

21)Had the bug where Icar doesn't surrender. Tried it three times, and killed him. Nice 2 hnd sword btw.

Edited by maximus2001, 02 November 2009 - 11:06 AM.

#29 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

2)Getting to the Slaver Fortress was tricky as it stayed greyed out on worldmap. Tried the suggestions but there was no exit cursor for south on the temple map(TC1500). Also couldn't get there from werewolf village(TC1650) or the map where you exit underground area of temple(TC1050). Finally I went to village, then back to Westgate, then it worked.

Actually there is, it's hidden quite well, it's where the lonely character stand.
Baldr015.png
Question, how did you get to the "werewolf village"?

#30 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

I scrolled the cursor all over the tree area around the lonely character in your shot. Its possible I missed that one spot. Will check it out to see if its my map or not.

Also for the village - it was a pain in the ass to try to find the slaver fortress and the wilderness area/werewolf village right next to it. Then I reread the posts saying it was southeast on the worldmap (I was still looking for it right next to the other areas on the map like in Secret of Bonehill - aagghh). Then the village was easy to get to from any area (Westgate, exit from temple, docks) the Fortress was tricky.

#31 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:24 AM

10)When fighting Kessa/Markessa (and she was near death) got a text message partly French/partly English "aidez-moi" and some other stuff.

She is saying help me. She has a full soundset and responds as any regular NPC would that is why you are getting this text.

11)Markessa's body says return to Waterdeep, but Althon's dialogue says bring to Myth Drannor.

Sorry, that is my error when writing the dialogs. It should be Waterdeep for both banters. I totally missed that when writing.

12)When Kessa clone walks up later, the only option to tell Althon is to say there's no room in the party for her (and she follows you, etc.). Thought she could join you.

She should be able to join you if you have space in your group or are willing to kick someone out. I have just seriously overhauled the whole joining process and the doubles soundset+picture for after she joins. Hopefully players will want her in their group.

Edited by leahnkain, 03 November 2009 - 01:25 AM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#32 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:03 AM

The clone can only join if you have room in the party. If all six positions are full, the dialog goes to the one letting her follow you around. I thought about letting you kick somebody else out at this point. I'll have to verify everyone's dialog files to make sure you don't get anything really weird as a response.

Skeletons in crypt. Some walls are illusions. You pointed this out when you said you went through it. So an arrow can go right through an illusionary wall. Therefore, watch out!

Shambling mound? I must be using the summond version. Okay, will check on it.

Area maps only work on the Worldmap if the exit is at the edge of the map. You can't mark an exit anywhere but the last 2 blocks of a search map's edge. Believe me, I found out the hard way when making the Westgate maps. I can make this area wider across the bottom if you think that would help.

Icar's surrender has been buggy from the beginning. He and Kessa don't like to talk before dying. I don't know why the game seems to skip over that script. I'll give it another shot.

Classic Adventures

#33 -C-

-C-

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Hi!

Just thought I would ask (though I am not sure if I am asking in the right place), how can you get bergon to join my group? I already were able to do the gauntlet (thought he would join then, as there were no joining option earlier), so can I get him to join or is still later in the game?

Also would like to know is there a possibility to go to mistmoor if you have done the gauntlet mission, as I then would rather choose the other route with my other characters to get some of the npc to my group from that place.

Thanks in advance!

#34 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:34 AM

Mistmoor is an open quest for everyone. Talk to the 2 guys in the Penniless Pilgrim (inn in Piney Bluff). They can get you there.

Bergon should join after you tell him the whole Gauntlet quest (including fortress - death of troll) is complete. It should be a dialog option once he gives you credit (XP) for quest completion. That means you have to talk to him again. Dialogs can't update themselves in the same talk session.

Classic Adventures

#35 -C-

-C-

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

Mistmoor is an open quest for everyone. Talk to the 2 guys in the Penniless Pilgrim (inn in Piney Bluff). They can get you there.

Bergon should join after you tell him the whole Gauntlet quest (including fortress - death of troll) is complete. It should be a dialog option once he gives you credit (XP) for quest completion. That means you have to talk to him again. Dialogs can't update themselves in the same talk session.

Unfortunately, we did not get the option to say anything about joining to Bergon after the gauntlet mission, and we did talk to him again and after that as well. And the caravan masters only told about going to selgaunt at least not to us, so there were no option going to mistmoor. Right now we can't even get away from the selgaunts bridge district (unable to travel to another locations...), and we never found the sea captain from the tavern either...

And the 0.50a is installed as well and throne of bhaal patch.... Don´t know what's wrong.

#36 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

Mistmoor should appear on your map from Selgaunt Bridge. Just go out the East side of the map.

The sea captain is only available if you talk to Jak near the Iron Throne's tent at the Bridge. He will appear after you complete the next mod (C2) which will happen once you get the Bridge area. Actually, I am surprised you got there and no guards appeared. That seems to be where the problem is.

Mistmoor will be available to you after C2 - Tower of Inverness. Let the caravan master take you there and let us know what happened afterwards.

Classic Adventures

#37 -C-

-C-

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

Mistmoor should appear on your map from Selgaunt Bridge. Just go out the East side of the map.

The sea captain is only available if you talk to Jak near the Iron Throne's tent at the Bridge. He will appear after you complete the next mod (C2) which will happen once you get the Bridge area. Actually, I am surprised you got there and no guards appeared. That seems to be where the problem is.

Mistmoor will be available to you after C2 - Tower of Inverness. Let the caravan master take you there and let us know what happened afterwards.

Actually I forgot to tell that I already did the C2 part - Tower of Inverness, but I'm still stuck at the Bridge: I can't find anyone near or inside the caravan master's tent. I already talked to Elminster and he told me what he had to say. But afterwards there is simple nowhere to go: I tried all the possible map exits and Mistmoor does not appear to my map and other areas appear "Unreachable". I also noticed that I did not get the Gauntlet mission fully done - I still have the mission in my guest list. On the other hand I destroyed the Gauntlet and there is mention about that in my Done Quests -menu.

After talking to Bergon about destroying the Gauntlet he talked to Icar about the blacksmith and started talking to me again but he didn't have anything new to say. After that I tried talking to him time and again but he never had anything new to say. I also talked to the two guys at the bar a bunch of times and they only offered to take me to Selgaunt.

#38 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

After Bergon offered the forge to Icar, he should have started another dialog. This is when he asked to join. If you missed it, he should still have raised a variable to have the offer in his normal talk with you. Since you aren't seeing that, try this:

Have the mouse pointer on Bergon
Open the CLUA Console and enter -
SetGlobal("TCOffer2Join","LOCALS",2)

Since it is local to him (not you) the pointer has to be on the person that gets the local variable. You should now have this dialog as an option.

As for Selgaunt Bridge, create Jak
Open the CLUA Consoel and enter-
CreateCreature("TCJAK")

He should talk to you immediately.

Classic Adventures

#39 -C-

-C-

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

After Bergon offered the forge to Icar, he should have started another dialog. This is when he asked to join. If you missed it, he should still have raised a variable to have the offer in his normal talk with you. Since you aren't seeing that, try this:

Have the mouse pointer on Bergon
Open the CLUA Console and enter -
SetGlobal("TCOffer2Join","LOCALS",2)

Since it is local to him (not you) the pointer has to be on the person that gets the local variable. You should now have this dialog as an option.

As for Selgaunt Bridge, create Jak
Open the CLUA Consoel and enter-
CreateCreature("TCJAK")

He should talk to you immediately.

I tried to use both the commands you suggested in CLUE Console, but for some reason they didn't work either. In both cases I received this error response:

"lua: Call expression not a function
Active Stack:
Active Stack: "

Did I do something wrong? I'm quite sure the commands were exactly right. On the other hand my keyboard always writes symbols in a wrong order when I write to the Clue Console (I have a Finnish keyboard). Maybe this could cause a problem when I'm typing the orders? For example when I try to type " I receive @ and the letter for " is actually ä in my keyboard for some reason. But I still got the commands written correctly.

Thx for your help, I really appreciate it. =)

#40 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

I tried to use both the commands you suggested in CLUE Console, but for some reason they didn't work either. In both cases I received this error response:

"lua: Call expression not a function
Active Stack:
Active Stack: "

Did I do something wrong? I'm quite sure the commands were exactly right. On the other hand my keyboard always writes symbols in a wrong order when I write to the Clue Console (I have a Finnish keyboard). Maybe this could cause a problem when I'm typing the orders? For example when I try to type " I receive @ and the letter for " is actually ä in my keyboard for some reason. But I still got the commands written correctly.

Thx for your help, I really appreciate it. =)

Try selecting then copying each of the full command (see below) and then pasting each into the CLUA console via Ctrl+V.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TCOffer2Join","LOCALS",2)
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("TCJAK")

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage