Photo

Bug Report for 0.50a

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 -C-

-C-

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

OK now it works, thank you! Is there any way I could still be able to get to Mistmoor as well? As I mentioned it doesn't appear into the map screen and other destinations are still unreachable, how do I get rid of this problem? Is there a command also for making the dialogue option available that would allow my party to travel from Piney Bluff to Mistmoor?

#42 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

OK now it works, thank you! Is there any way I could still be able to get to Mistmoor as well? As I mentioned it doesn't appear into the map screen and other destinations are still unreachable, how do I get rid of this problem? Is there a command also for making the dialogue option available that would allow my party to travel from Piney Bluff to Mistmoor?

This will get you to the town of Mistmoor:
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("MM0100")

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#43 -C-

-C-

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:37 AM

Many thanks to both Sam and Sir BB; all my problems are solved and everything works fine!

#44 -C-

-C-

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:02 AM

Well, now I seem to have run to a new problem in mistmoor manor, where I traveled from bridge with the command. Many conversations will end suddenly, even where reads continue as a dialog option.

Like for example the ghost near the well never says more than the first phrase "you see a her washing her hands", but then with continue the line end and the ghost just stands in the spot.
Or the other ghost girl will not end the discussion of meeting with her outside of the manor, not asks us to meet us in there, and after that meeting we did not find her anywhere anymore.
Also the probably biggest problem is that when we try to summon the ghost from the skull, the ghost does not even speak to us, but immediately vanishes after the summoning, so we do not get the word to get into the vault or out from there.
Also Rihn who I really would like to get to join my group has a same problem. After saying "What is the year? The last I remember, it was a year of Stern Judgment 666DR.", and me pressing the continue button the conversation ends, and after the conversation ends she has no more to say to me.

So is there a way I could do the mistmoor quest to end, and a possibility to still get Rihn to our group? Though getting Rihn in to our group would be the more important thing than solving the mistmoor manor.

Thanks already for all the help!

#45 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:56 AM

About Rihn:

Spoiler

Only Rihn and Vildamyr unlock the Myth Drannor quests, so if you want to go there you will need her in the group. Mistmoor can easily end if you just walk away and rest a few days so you can ask Lord Mac to be guards on his caravan. You do not need to complete Mistmoor for Rihn to join. I would suggest trying a previously saved game and trying to talk with her again.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#46 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

Your game is definitely buggy. Dialogs should be finishing just fine. If not, it sounds like the game is interrupting for another character to talk, but that character has nothing to say, so the first dialog dies without the second one starting.

As for the Viscount that you summon, try upstairs in the lab area. It seems to be a problem with him disappearing because the summoned creature doesn't see the player and so vanishes. I can't find the reason for this bug but have found it to happen less often in larger areas without walls or pillars blocking the views.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#47 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:56 AM

I'm not sure if these are new or old bugs, but apparently I'm stuck.

I've just recently started, and I've gotten to Saltmarsh. First off, Rurik indeed does not take away the two rings he merges into the more powerful one. I've got about 5 +2 rings from that >< Then I stopped.

Second, I went to the haunted mansion, cleared everything, freed Ned and didn't have him join me. However, after that point he won't talk to me( Has nothing to say). I thought, OK maybe this is how it is supposed to go..

Then I return to Logan, and I find out he won't talk to me either :_(

What gives?

#48 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:25 AM

I've just recently started, and I've gotten to Saltmarsh. First off, Rurik indeed does not take away the two rings he merges into the more powerful one. I've got about 5 +2 rings from that >< Then I stopped.

Did you installed the 0.50a before you went to the Ruriks smith?

Second, I went to the haunted mansion, cleared everything, freed Ned and didn't have him join me. However, after that point he won't talk to me( Has nothing to say). I thought, OK maybe this is how it is supposed to go..
Then I return to Logan, and I find out he won't talk to me either :_(
What gives?

Cleared everything, the cave that the south exit from the upstairs eventually leads to, too? You should meet the smuggler leader there, have a few talks with Ned, if you allow him to join up.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 20 November 2009 - 06:12 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#49 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:09 AM

For the next version, I have added map points to the upstairs level. Hopefully this will help players find the stairs to the basement.

Classic Adventures

#50 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:19 AM

Whoops, I missed that smugler leader and the cave!

However, I did indeed install 0.50a before I even started playing, thus Rurik's forging combining the two rings isn't fixed there.

#51 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

Ok, a new one. Apparently, after I return from whacking sahaugin heads, I pass by to rurik's shop and Aesdale asks me to make a robe for him. Naturally, we do so, however... After I go pick him up again, he comes, we talk about how he wants the blonde priestess to join, and nothing.. she doesn't spawn anywhere.

Obviously, this should be able to be fixed by CLUAing her in, but meh..

PS: 0.50a version

#52 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Ok, a new one. Apparently, after I return from whacking sahaugin heads, I pass by to rurik's shop and Aesdale asks me to make a robe for him. Naturally, we do so, however... After I go pick him up again, he comes, we talk about how he wants the blonde priestess to join, and nothing.. she doesn't spawn anywhere.

You did the Sahaugi quest already? :blink: As you get the Aesdale from the ship, and when you go near the shop, Aesdale asks you to enter it, they'll go their way... so you got there, but a way too late, the meeting/plot might have to be changed a bit to take this into account. So...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 20 November 2009 - 12:55 PM.

#53 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:30 AM

Yep, I did it later then I should have.. ah well I fixed it. Re loaded before the shop, kicked another member of the party so that we were 5 when entering, aesdale and blush talk etc.. they go away, we meet them and it worked, this time she spawned. Perhaps the spawn position was blocked by me having 5 members at that time.. dunno

At any rate, I've got a new one. I just cleared Mistdale manor and I was off to go meet with the ghost in the loft, we go there, she does the possession on blush and wham! Conversation loop. I think this is largly due to me not having lord mistmoor in the party or following me any more, since I killed the shadow, Erebus or what he was called.

The loop starts as I click "Blush what's wrong with you" and she endlesly starts the last conversation from the top.

#54 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

Me too....except it just started with Shadow with out me clicking anything...

Yep, I did it later then I should have.. ah well I fixed it. Re loaded before the shop, kicked another member of the party so that we were 5 when entering, aesdale and blush talk etc.. they go away, we meet them and it worked, this time she spawned. Perhaps the spawn position was blocked by me having 5 members at that time.. dunno

At any rate, I've got a new one. I just cleared Mistdale manor and I was off to go meet with the ghost in the loft, we go there, she does the possession on blush and wham! Conversation loop. I think this is largly due to me not having lord mistmoor in the party or following me any more, since I killed the shadow, Erebus or what he was called.

The loop starts as I click "Blush what's wrong with you" and she endlesly starts the last conversation from the top.

#55 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

That is an interesting twist. Since Erebus is now dead, she shouldn't appear at all. Okay, I guess I never checked for that. I will flag it now to make sure she doesn't appear. Thanks.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 23 November 2009 - 11:54 AM.

Classic Adventures

#56 Cougar

Cougar
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

In area TC0014, it is possible to walk right past door15, without opening it. It seems there is a problem with the walk map.

#57 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:08 AM

Honestly, I am fully aware that this is at 0.50a and the mod is only a slight bit over half way done, this makes it hard to report a bug (Or more like commenting for improvements but... Great job nonetheless!) since it may have been reported and now I'm probably just ranting the same thing and making a big deal out of it (?), but, hope it doesn't hurt.

Sound
Not really the bug type, probably intentional as well but (Or something went wrong during installation? That'd be my fault then):
After installing the mod, some sound sets of the NPCs (Such as Shadow) did not install and go into the override directory, which I just manually copied and pasted most the wav sounds.

Aesdale, Blodgett, Candella, Dirbert, Erky, Meepo, Paraway, Rurik, and Shadow (From what I can recall?) have awesome fitting sound sets with no lagging or volume problems, maybe certain have some missing voice acting but I can understand they most come from IWD and NWN series

Aleigha and Catharandamus' sound sets lagged for about 1-2 seconds before the actual sound comes in, but their voice acting qualities are amazing, with the right converting and editing tool (Which normally takes a long time since not just 1 sound needs editing...) it shouldn't be a problem I suppose.. Not complaining!! Just hoping this may be improved in the future versions!

Blush and Chaarna's sound set volume are just... louder than normal, made me kind of scared of clicking them and giving orders since it would come out so loud.

Chaarna is awesome I suppose, but (Really biased) since her sound set came from the mixture of NWN 2 Qara and Female PC Voicing, I uhh... find it a bit too chaotic to match her real True Neutral feeling, and it just doesn't sound right, I think just cut from Qara would be good enough, since I'm in Taiwan and my NWN 2 copy is in US, I won't be of much help in any editing of the sounds, sorry..

Of course, I'm pretty sure these can all be fixed by removing the .wav files I manually placed in the override, but just hoping to give it a note and maybe offer aid in the future for the time being

Journal
During my first play through (Not even finished yet and have restarted many times because of Journals *Cry face*) I got stuck many times due to the incompletion of Journals I suppose, I understand! It's really hard to code everything into details while it's not even fully finished, but... Aye, perhaps refine the ones already there before expanding even more? Well, I'm not the writer so I'll just shut up now.

Joinable-NPC Setups
I've found certain inconsistent THAC0 and Weapon Proficiency points for the Joinable-NPCs, are they intentional?
Chaarna had 18 THAC0 base at level1 (Should be 20.. Even for a fighter... But she's a mage!) Or... My memory failed me of the charts?
Candella had 5 stars in total (3 into two weapon fighting and 2 into long sword) at level 2, is this intentional as well? So that she could start her dual-classing earlier?
Dirbert had two stars in the "Bow" proficiency.. Somewhat it failed to completely convert into BGII .chr file and is created in BGI right..? Maybe Keeper can fix it? Trying it now... Guess not, it just bugs me that on his Character Sheet there are 2 extra stars in bow which doesn't even exist in BGII system!

While typing all these I've forgotten other bugs I've found, I'll be sure to post them up and read the ones that are updated when they're found.

Anyhow, I seriously appreciate all the work done into this Conversion, and the title "Classic Adventures" just fit in perfectly. I have nothing to complain about since it's free and a huge project, I even wish I could offer a hand, but since I'm not too skilled as most of you maybe it's best if I just sit and watch rather than causing trouble

Best of luck (Or Skills)!

Edited by Tieflingz, 13 December 2009 - 06:23 AM.

I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#58 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

Aesdale, Blodgett, Candella, Dirbert, Erky, Meepo, Paraway, Rurik, and Shadow (From what I can recall?) have awesome fitting sound sets with no lagging or volume problems, maybe certain have some missing voice acting but I can understand they most come from IWD and NWN series

Honestly it is really hard to find good voice actors, most mods suffer because they settle for any voice actor which doesn7t have the right equipment to record a good soundset. With this many NPC's it is impossible to find so many voice actors. So we have been known to use IWD and NWN soundsets.

Aleigha and Catharandamus' sound sets lagged for about 1-2 seconds before the actual sound comes in, but their voice acting qualities are amazing, with the right converting and editing tool (Which normally takes a long time since not just 1 sound needs editing...) it shouldn't be a problem I suppose.. Not complaining!! Just hoping this may be improved in the future versions!

Aleigha's soundset ahs been redone, I admit the Cath needs his soundset edited, it is just something which keeps getting put on the backburner, if anyone wants to help out and edit the lag that would be great.

Blush and Chaarna's sound set volume are just... louder than normal, made me kind of scared of clicking them and giving orders since it would come out so loud.

NWN soundsets, although I kind of like hearing Chaarna a bit noisy.

Chaarna is awesome I suppose, but (Really biased) since her sound set came from the mixture of NWN 2 Qara and Female PC Voicing, I uhh... find it a bit too chaotic to match her real True Neutral feeling, and it just doesn't sound right, I think just cut from Qara would be good enough, since I'm in Taiwan and my NWN 2 copy is in US, I won't be of much help in any editing of the sounds, sorry..

She is one of the NPC's which i am looking to find a good voice actress. I am really picky about the voice actors so it is likely to stay this way for awhile. Sorry.( Actually I prefer the Qara soundset, I didn't have all of it when i made her soundset.)

Journal
During my first play through (Not even finished yet and have restarted many times because of Journals *Cry face*) I got stuck many times due to the incompletion of Journals I suppose, I understand! It's really hard to code everything into details while it's not even fully finished, but... Aye, perhaps refine the ones already there before expanding even more? Well, I'm not the writer so I'll just shut up now.

Actually the lack of journal entries is partially my fault. I always mean to go back and write them but we have so much to do.

Joinable-NPC Setups
I've found certain inconsistent THAC0 and Weapon Proficiency points for the Joinable-NPCs, are they intentional?
Chaarna had 18 THAC0 base at level1 (Should be 20.. Even for a fighter... But she's a mage!) Or... My memory failed me of the charts?

Thanks for noticing that, Chaarna should have a 20 THACO.

Candella had 5 stars in total (3 into two weapon fighting and 2 into long sword) at level 2, is this intentional as well? So that she could start her dual-classing earlier?

Kit related, and intentional.

Dirbert had two stars in the "Bow" proficiency.. Somewhat it failed to completely convert into BGII .chr file and is created in BGI right..? Maybe Keeper can fix it? Trying it now... Guess not, it just bugs me that on his Character Sheet there are 2 extra stars in bow which doesn't even exist in BGII system!

Never noticed this one,thanks.

Anyhow, I seriously appreciate all the work done into this Conversion, and the title "Classic Adventures" just fit in perfectly. I have nothing to complain about since it's free and a huge project, I even wish I could offer a hand, but since I'm not too skilled as most of you maybe it's best if I just sit and watch rather than causing trouble

By playtesting you are helping a great deal. Thank you.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#59 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

Some WAV files do not get copied over in the .50 version. There is a large WAV file that causes a crash in the copying process. As posted here, if you just move the TCFALA.WAV file to the override before running the installer, everything else will install cleanly.

Version .51 has this fixed and you will see that version soon.

BG1 and BG2 use different proficiencies. There is a 2 in bow for BG1 (which is meanless to BG2) and he really has 4 in long bow for BG2 proficiency. It was so long ago I don't remember why we edited his file to show the 2. It needs to be removed at some point. It won't be used by the game so it doesn't matter.

Classic Adventures

#60 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

...Catharandamus' sound sets lagged for about 1-2 seconds before the actual sound comes in, but their voice acting qualities are amazing, with the right converting and editing tool (Which normally takes a long time since not just 1 sound needs editing...) it shouldn't be a problem I suppose.. Not complaining!! Just hoping this may be improved in the future versions!

... I admit the Cath needs his soundset edited, it is just something which keeps getting put on the backburner, if anyone wants to help out and edit the lag that would be great.

These should do it. There is still 2 sound files that are not included, the tccath5.wav and tccath19.wav, Audiocity couldn't open the first, and the second needs to be remade, as it's cut in way wrong place, in the middle of the sentence! There was another I think, but I forgot which exactly, and it wasn't nearly as bad.

So download the archive, extract it, and then move only the .wav files to the override folder. Easy.

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 December 2009 - 11:52 PM.