NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1153 replies to this topic

#281 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for the fast answer!

Can you open the debug console and copy the content if there is any? To open it, select menu Tools->Show Debug Console in the main window of NI.

I tried to open debug console but there is nothing inside!!

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#282 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140916

Changes:

• Bugfix in Extended Search: Input fields for numbers in the popup panels did not recognize entered values unless you manually removed focus from the field (e.g. by pressing the Tab key)
  • Fixed a bug when searching for actions or triggers in DLG resources
  • Expanded the number of slots in the "Recently Used Games" list and added an option to clear the list.
  • Added partial support for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
  • Added "mpbpsave" folder support for BG(2)EE

#283 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

I've changed the game detection order in the next snapshot however, which might fix your game ID issue.

I'd like to confirm that the latest snapshot no longer has this problem and BG2:EE is recognized correctly, even with BG:EE resources. Thanks!

Edited by K4thos, 16 September 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#284 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for improving and expanding my IE tool of choice. I appreciate it.

#285 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

Feature request, if it is not too complicated:

Is it possible to add "save to txt" option in other checks (scripts, triggers, unused files, strings...)?

Thank you!

#286 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

Feature request, if it is not too complicated:

Is it possible to add "save to txt" option in other checks (scripts, triggers, unused files, strings...)?

Thank you!

It shouldn't be too difficult. I'll add it to my todo list.

#287 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

Great!

Thank you for updating this tool!

#288 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20141003

Lots of changes this time:

• Added IWDEE spell effects.
  • Overhauled the whole spell effect generation section (fixed or improved many outdated and incorrect opcode parameters).
  • Implemented a fancy new datatype to pick colors for opcodes that require a color value (e.g. opcodes 9 and 50).
  • Effect opcode 233 (Modify proficiencies), parameter "# stars" allows setting proficiencies individually for original class and active class.
  • Resource fields can be reverted back to the original type after changing them to one of the generic field types (e.g. hex, bin, dec or string)
  • Added new generic field type "Number" for resource fields of compatible size.
  • Added a dialog tree view allowing you to easily follow different conversation branches without switching forth and back between different dialog states.
  • New option "Backup on save" creates a backup whenever you are saving a resource (found in Options menu, not enabled by default)
  • Result windows of all search and check functions now provide an option to save the results into a text file.
  • Multiple instances of NearInfinity can now modify the same BALDUR.SAV of saved games without issues.
  • Many more minor improvements and fixes.

#289 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20141003a

Bugfix release:
  • Fixed an issue that prevented DLG resources to be loaded on certain systems.
  • Fixed a few effect opcodes with incorrectly assigned datatypes for parameter1.

#290 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

Great progress, keep it up!

Added IWDEE spell effects

Is there a list somewhere?

---

Just tested the new dialogue "tree" feature... Awesome stuff  :woot: The old system was a mess (or let's just say extremly slow and hard to work with), but this one is indeed very useful.

I have a request related to dialogue files. The current implementation is great, but in my opinion full weidu-like dumps are also handy. Maybe you could add a dialogue "d" window that would open up "dlg" file in weidu "d" form? The window should also allow us to modify it and compile the file, just like the bcs window. In other words I'd like to see DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D and COMPILE_D_TO_DLG weidu commands ported to NI.

Edited by K4thos, 04 October 2014 - 01:16 AM.

#291 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:09 AM

Added IWDEE spell effects

Is there a list somewhere?

The latest version of DLTCEP (v7.7) contains preliminary descriptions of the new and improved opcodes, which are basically an extension of the BG(2)EE opcode system. You can find them in DLTCEP's BG2Effects.dat. You probably won't find much more information about it since the devs are still bound by their NDA.

I have a request related to dialogue files. The current implementation is great, but in my opinion full weidu-like dumps are also handy. Maybe you could add a dialogue "d" window that would open up "dlg" file in weidu "d" form? The window should also allow us to modify it and compile the file, just like the bcs window. In other words I'd like to see DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D and COMPILE_D_TO_DLG weidu commands ported to NI.

That would be an awful amount of work. It basically means to re-implement a good portion of WeiDU's core functionality into NearInfinity. I don't think it's feasible as I would have to write a compiler and decompiler from scratch.

#292 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

The latest version of DLTCEP (v7.7) contains preliminary descriptions of the new and improved opcodes, which are basically an extension of the BG(2)EE opcode system. You can find them in DLTCEP's BG2Effects.dat. You probably won't find much more information about it since the devs are still bound by their NDA.

thanks, I wasn't aware there is a new version

That would be an awful amount of work. It basically means to re-implement a good portion of WeiDU's core functionality into NearInfinity. I don't think it's feasible as I would have to write a compiler and decompiler from scratch.

how about making it optional when weidu is detected within NI folder? This way it could just call weidu directly instead of porting these commands into NI core. The same way as old Wav converter needed to be placed in NI directory before to take advantage of the tool.

Edited by K4thos, 04 October 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#293 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

how about making it optional when weidu is detected within NI folder? This way it could just call weidu directly instead of porting these commands into NI core. The same way as old Wav converter needed to be placed in NI directory before to take advantage of the tool.

I'm not a big fan of relying on platform-dependent tools to perform certain operations. It's a source for all kinds of problems that are hard to debug and require a lot of testing on each supported platform for each WeiDU version. That's one of the reasons why I had put a lot of effort into removing dependencies to acm2wav and acmtools. Moreover, D files are not natively supported by the Infinity Engine and NI is first and foremost a resource viewer and editor for games based on that engine.

It's very easy to manually compile and decompile DLG files. And text editors such as ConTEXT or Notepad++ provide many features that are superior to NI's editing capabilities.

Edited by Argent77, 04 October 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#294 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

fair enough, thanks for the reply :new_thumbs:

#295 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

@Argent77, is there any chance you could work out a way to add the characters thieving values onto this screen:
tnalmfml.png

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#296 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

@Argent77, is there any chance you could work out a way to add the characters thieving values onto this screen:

Adding new fields shouldn't be too difficult. Apart from thieving skills there are a couple more fields that are missing on the Stats tab (e.g. alignment, animation, morale/break/recovery).

#297 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20141007

Another bugfix release:

• Fixed a serious bug related to the dialog tree viewer that may cause NI to block infinitely while putting your system on high load in rare cases (only triggered when opening DLG resources from a search results window).
  • More information shown in 'Stat' tabs of CRE resources.

I strongly recommend updating to this version if you're using snapshot 20141003 or 20141003a.

#298 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:25 AM

I have a possible description error to report. For the Poison opcode (25), NearInfinity says the parameter #2 "Poison type" can be one of four values (0 through 3). The label for value=3 says "Amount damage per round". I think this should be "1 damage per 'Amount' seconds" because that is what I am experiencing in BG:EE (see Eldoth's poisoned arrows for example). IESDP also says so, plus it says there is a value=4 for parameter #2 as well, which isn't represented by NearInfinity at the moment.

#299 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

Thanks, will be corrected in the next update. I'm using both IESDP and DLTCEP as sources for effect opcode descriptions which are not always in sync.

#300 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

While you're at it, the last bit of item usability (0x1e in the ITM structure) is still listed as "unknown" (bit 31 after bit 30 Druid). This is "half-orc" (known for some time... surprised it still displays as "Unknown").

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle