Photo

NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1155 replies to this topic

#321 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

Ah, ok. The cause for this warning is an incorrect definition of CreateVisualEffectObject() in ACTION.IDS. The first parameter is defined as "S:DialogFile*" instead of "S:Effect*". I had tested it only in BG2EE where this issue has already been fixed. I'll add a work-around for it in the next snapshot.
Thanks, I didn't know this.
Will I break anything if I change entree for CreateVisualEffectObject in my BG2 ACTION.IDS, manually, to correct one from BG2EE?

Edited by Mad Mate, 23 October 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#322 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

It should be safe to fix entries in ACTION.IDS or TRIGGER.IDS. I think the IDS files are mainly used as a lookup tables to convert BCS byte code into human-readable BAF scripts and vice versa.

Edited by Argent77, 23 October 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#323 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

On the subject of "unknown" labels, the fields 0x14 through 0x24 in the area song entry section are for alternative music tracks that can be scripted. This is rarely used in the original games, but there is at least one example (ar9502.are from IWD).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#324 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

Thanks, will be updated in the next snapshot.

#325 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

And while I doubt there's much there you haven't already gleaned from DLTCEP's files, I posted a whole mess of IWDEE junk in the IESDP forum.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#326 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20141101

Lots of changes:

• Added a hex editor tab to a number of resource types which allows you to read or manipulate data directly. The editor provides many features to make finding relevant data much easier, such as an info panel, colored blocks and more. (Note: Atm, the colored blocks only work for structures that are linked to the top-level structure of the respective resource.)
  • Greatly improved support for IWD:EE
  • Reduced NearInfinity's filesize by about 15% after removing unused data and code.
  • Fixed a bug in the DLG tree viewer which failed to read external DLG resources with lowercased letters in their filenames.
  • Fixed export routines of dialogue and script checkers.
  • Several minor fixes and updates.

#327 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:20 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20141101

Lots of changes:
  • Added a hex editor tab to a number of resource types which allows you to read or manipulate data directly. The editor provides many features to make finding relevant data much easier, such as an info panel, colored blocks and more. (Note: Atm, the colored blocks only work for structures that are linked to the top-level structure of the respective resource.)
  • Greatly improved support for IWD:EE
  • Reduced NearInfinity's filesize by about 15% after removing unused data and code.
  • Fixed a bug in the DLG tree viewer which failed to read external DLG resources with lowercased letters in their filenames.
  • Fixed export routines of dialogue and script checkers.
  • Several minor fixes and updates.

where's the "like button" dammit :P

#328 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:17 AM

For the Learn Spell (147) effect, the resource field is marked as unused, and is edited as hex.

#329 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:16 AM

Thanks. Will be fixed in the next snapshot.

#330 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20141105

This is first and foremost a bugfix release:

• Fixed a critical bug in the area extension of PRO resources which might produce garbled data when using the extended data fields introduced in IWDEE.
  • Fixed incorrectly defined resource field in effect opcode 147 (Learn spell).
  • Greatly improved HexEdit tabs.

#331 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:48 AM

When doing a Find Selected Attribute search on projectiles in SPL/ITM effects, it would be great if the search result also had a column for the name of the resource.

#332 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

There is already a name column. It displays the name of the attribute's parent structure however (which can be the resource name or something like "Spell ability 0"). I'll see if I can find a way to improve the search results.

#333 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

Well, being told which extension header the projectile is used in is not that useful. I mean, for most spells the projectile is the same in all the headers.

On a different note, NI seems to quickly become slow after the latest update, to the point where it is cannot read files and needs to be re-opened.

#334 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

On a different note, NI seems to quickly become slow after the latest update, to the point where it is cannot read files and needs to be re-opened.

I've heard similar reports already somewhere else. It appears to be an issue on systems using the 32-bit version of the Java Runtime package. For now it can be solved by using the "Hide NI DOS" tool linked in the first post of this topic or by starting NI manually with the following command line (adapt the path to javaw.exe if needed):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -jar "NearInfinity.jar"

I've been working on it, but I haven't been able to reproduce the slowdowns on my system yet.

#335 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

I did not know I was using the 32-bit version, but upgrading to the 64-bit version seems to have done the trick.

#336 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

Good news. I have found and fixed one possible source for the slowdowns, so you will less likely run into slowdowns.

#337 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:25 AM

When clicking Browse in the Open File window, at first the Up One Level-button does not do anything. By manually navigating to any other folder, it activates and can be used.

#338 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:46 AM

It works as expected on my system. Can you reproduce it after quitting and restarting NearInfinity? Does it work after changing the GUI theme (select in menu Options->Look and Feel)? It might also be caused by certain access privileges of the target folder. Even if there is a bug, I probably can't do much because this is a standard dialog provided by Java.

#339 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

It persist after restarting NI, but only applies to the Native GUI.

#340 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:35 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20141114

Changes:

• Improved GUI themes selection. You'll most likely see new entries under menu Options->Look and Feel. It also means that you might have to reselect your preferred GUI theme.
  • New Near Infinity icon and logo (thanks to Cuv and Troodon80 from Baldurs Gate Forum).
  • Added several new (IWD)EE-specific fields to several resource types.
  • Fixed a memory leak which caused 32-bit versions of the Java Runtime to run out of memory eventually.
  • More informative search results for Find->Selected attribute action.
  • Several minor fixes and improvements.