NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1155 replies to this topic

#361 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:11 AM

Using specific resources instead of the game's executable doesn't necessarily improve the dection rate, especially if mods are involved. Since NI requires certain information before accessing the content of chitin.key and BIFF archives, the detection routine is limited in what resources to take into account.

To help you in your specific situation, creating empty "baldur.exe" and "bgconfig.exe" for BG2, or "baldur.exe" as well as "config.exe" for BG1 should solve your problem.

#362 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

• Added a dialog tree view allowing you to easily follow different conversation branches without switching forth and back between different dialog states.

vince.gif

Finally a reason to never install IEx again

#363 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

Merry Christmas, Argent77!!

I have one request, if it is not too hard:
Can you expand search for references for scripts (BCS) in DLGs?
Currently search includes ARE, BCS, CHR & CRE, but it can be used also in DLGs as cutscenes,
in example, in vanilla BG2, BALTH.DLG in Action 7 uses:
StartCutScene("cutamk02")
and then cutamk02 turns out in unused scripts.

Thanks!

#364 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

Can you expand search for references for scripts (BCS) in DLGs?
Currently search includes ARE, BCS, CHR & CRE, but it can be used also in DLGs as cutscenes,
in example, in vanilla BG2, BALTH.DLG in Action 7 uses:

StartCutScene("cutamk02")
and then cutamk02 turns out in unused scripts.

DLG targets will be added in the next release.

#365 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

Erhm, I got a problem, it's not actually directly concerning the latest version of NI, cause well...

When I try to start v1.33 b19 Near Infinity.jar from here for example, it doesn't run, I have no idea why, probably it has to do with the Java and it's updates, but the new versions run fine(see the above post :D ), so what's up with that ?

The reason I try that version is that I would like to see what it could edit in SWKotOR game, as in the newer versions, the SWKotOR code support was removed. ..so I can't use the newer ones that work. Dampdidampdidampdidampdidampdidampdidam...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#366 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:49 AM

NearInfinity releases since this post may break compatibility with older releases. It's caused by the introduction of new game types for the Enhanced Editions which are not properly checked in older releases. It should only cause real problems if a Enhanced Edition game is listed in the "Recently opened games" list. You can fix this issue manually by removing the offending entries from the registry (on Windows) or the respective counterparts on Linux or Mac OS X. On Windows open the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/JavaSoft/Prefs/infinity/gui and remove all keys starting with "/Last/Game/I/Dx" and "/Last/Game/Pathx" where x is a single digit.

Btw, this NI version is the last release supporting NWN, KotOR and KotOR 2 (although I never checked whether it actually worked :P ).

#367 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

NearInfinity releases since this post may break compatibility with older releases. It's caused by the introduction of new game types for the Enhanced Editions which are not properly checked in older releases. It should only cause real problems if a Enhanced Edition game is listed in the "Recently opened games" list. You can fix this issue manually by removing the offending entries from the registry

I did this by starting a v1.35-snapshot NI, as it has the option to clear the list Via: Game -> Recently opened games -> Clear list ...  :clown:  and then just using the w1.3 I had already, yeah, I have a few versions, thanks for the instructions.

Edited by The Imp, 29 December 2014 - 04:15 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#368 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20150104

Changes:

• Added feature to restore the last backup of a resource. Option can be found in popup menu shown when right-clicking on an entry in the resource tree or in the "File" main menu. (You'll need to activate "Backup on save" in the Options menu to make use of it.)
  • Added option "Export BAM frames" to Mass Exporter. You can choose whether to export as PNG or BMP. Frames of each BAM are exported into separate subfolders to avoid accumulating hundreds of thousands of files in a single folder. ;)
  • Added DLG target to BCS's Find->references to this script.
  • Changed "Entry type" field in string editor to "Flags".
  • Cosmetic fix in the character lists of GAM files (BG1 only).
  • Several bugfixes.

Edited by Argent77, 04 January 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#369 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Thank you, Argent! Awesome job!
Changes:
  • Added DLG target to BCS's Find->references to this script.

This works great, all scripts are found in DLGs now, but would it be too much to add this feature to "Tools->Check->For Unused Files->BCS"?
It still marks scripts used by dialogs as unused.
Thanks!

#370 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:00 AM

Will be fixed in the next release.

#371 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

Argent77, could you stop being awesome ?  :naughty:  Äh, never mind. :Bow:

#372 ariakas

ariakas
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

Hi  :lol2:

Im trying to run latest NI but i get this error from command prompt 

" Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOError: Java.io.IOException: Filesystem does not conform to the FHS

at infinity.util.io.FileLookup.checCaseSensitivity(Unknown Source)

at infinity.util.io.FileLookup.<init>(Unknown Source)

at infinity.util.io.FileLookup.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
         at infinity.util.io.FileNI.<linit>(Unknown Source)
         at infinity.util.io.NearInfinity.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at infinity.util.io.NearInfinity.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Filesystem does not conform to the FHS ... 6 more "

I just used NI no older versions used. Im using it in BG2 EE patch 1.3 (windows 7 64 bit)

Any helps?

#373 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

This error message should never appear on Windows systems. Are you perchance using a case-sensitive filesystem (such as Ext3)?

Edit: Another possibility is a write-protected "Temp" folder. Can you open the Command Prompt, type in  echo %TEMP%  and show me the result?

Edited by Argent77, 09 January 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#374 ariakas

ariakas
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

im using a turkish language windows. i think its case sensitive ex: i is İ if caps lock on not I (it has a dot on top if I) maybe this cause the problem?

I typed that command but nothing happened but i dont think temp is write protected as i can change things there

#375 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

You can check for case-sensitivity by creating two files or folders called "test" and "TEST" in your Temp folder. If you can successfully create both of them then your system is indeed case-sensitive.

#376 ariakas

ariakas
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

Allright i cant create "test" and "TEST" at the same time it is not case sensitive then. 

When i type echo %temp% it gives this and nothing happens

"C:\Users\Oguzhan\AppData\Local\Temp"

Edited by ariakas, 09 January 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#377 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

Hmm, maybe it's a problem with missing access privileges. Can you start Near Infinity as Administrator?

The easiest way to do this is probably by starting either Windows Explorer or the Command Prompt as Administrator (right-click on the symbol or start menu entry and select "Run as administrator") and executing Near Infinity from there.

If nothing else helps, you can still use an older Near Infinity version. In the meantime I'll try to make the case-sensitivity check more robust.

Edited by Argent77, 09 January 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#378 ariakas

ariakas
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

Ops! Older version worked. I was opening cmd as administrator for my tries.  Thanks for help hope its something fixable :D 

#379 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:48 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20150125

Changes:

• Slightly changed behavior of the file operations "Delete" and "Restore backup":
    • "Delete": This action will also remove the backup file of the selected resource if available.
    • "Restore backup": If no backup is available and the file is biffed and overridden, this action will delete the overridden copy of the file to make the biffed version visible.
  • Added "Find References..." button to PVRZ resources.
  • Added more fields for CHR V2.1 resources.
  • Better BMP format support.
  • Fixed several issues for systems using certain locales (e.g. turkish).
  • Bugfix in DLG checks when checking for unused files.
  • More information shown while mass exporting resources.
  • Using better compression ratio when compressing SAV files.
  • A couple of internal fixes and updates.

#380 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

You rule, Argent.

One thing I use NI for a lot is finding where resources are used, in other resources ("Find... references to this file"). However, I always have to go through and tell NI in which resources to look. The only other options are "select all" and "select none". I'd like to see a "select logical" or the like. In other words, ITM files would typically be found in AREs, CREs, BCSs, DLGs, STOs, etc. No need to search most of the other file formats for time reasons. There's be a default search for each resource type. Would this be feasible at all? Also, "2DA" and "IDS" should be options when looking for resource usage.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle