Photo

NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1153 replies to this topic

#501 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

I'm not sure of the lingo;  I'd just like to be able to click "save" on a file and be done with it.

#502 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

currently when you view items NI shows second bam cycle for icons that have 2 images. EE games don't use second, smaller image and always scale the first one. How about forcing NI to show correct icon image when BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE or EET is loaded?

Edited by K4thos, 11 June 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#503 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:57 AM

Actually, NI shows the first available frame of the BAM file, regardless of cycles, which usually contains the smaller version of the icon. It shouldn't be too difficult to show the correct icon though.

#504 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

glad to hear that :) When I now think about it even non EE games could use those larger images. This way it will be probably less work for you than creating different rules between games.

#505 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

The most recent version of NI, as of this writing, lets me open, edit, and save characters that I can then use in BG2 without errors. Nice to report something positive, for a change ;)

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#506 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:00 AM

In ToBEx, NextTriggerObject "does not evaluate and does not count as a trigger in an OR() block".  NI is ignoring this as far as tabs go.

Also, where do I turn off the auto-tab feature?

#507 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

In ToBEx, NextTriggerObject "does not evaluate and does not count as a trigger in an OR() block".  NI is ignoring this as far as tabs go.

NextTriggerObject's behavior is hardcoded in TobEx. It's up to the user to take special cases such as this into account. NI's script compiler (and WeiDU's as well) only check for errors based on the script syntax and the information provided by the game's resources, which includes the availability of script triggers, objects and actions, or the number and type of arguments, but not any hardcoded exceptions.

Also, where do I turn off the auto-tab feature?

It's currently part of the syntax highlighting scheme. It shouldn't be too difficult to add a separate option for this however.

#508 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

NextTriggerObject's behavior is hardcoded in TobEx. It's up to the user to take special cases such as this into account. NI's script compiler (and WeiDU's as well) only check for errors based on the script syntax and the information provided by the game's resources, which includes the availability of script triggers, objects and actions, or the number and type of arguments, but not any hardcoded exceptions.

Hrm.  This is still new-ish to me.  Thanks.  Will Weidu's compile also fail?  I have no idea how to get this trigger in OR blocks in the game.

IF
  OR(3)
    NextTriggerObject(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    Global("testvar","LOCALS",1)
    NextTriggerObject(SecondNearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    NextTriggerObject(ThirdNearestEnemyOf(Myself))
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("failed","GLOBAL",1)
END

becomes

IF
  OR(3)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
END

#509 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

IF
  OR(3)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
END

Hmm, just use this:
IF
OR(3)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
END 

Edited by The Imp, 18 June 2015 - 12:13 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#510 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:10 AM

As I said, NextTriggerObject() is special. It doesn't count as a trigger in OR() blocks. NI's script parser will still format the decompiled code as if NextTriggerObject() is a valid trigger.

Still, the following script block should work correctly if I have understood the trigger description in the TobEx docs correctly. Indentations don't have any influence on how scripts are processed internally.
IF
  OR(3)
    NextTriggerObject(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))       // doesn't count as trigger
    Global("testvar","LOCALS",1)                    // OR'ed trigger #1
    NextTriggerObject(SecondNearestEnemyOf(Myself)) // doesn't count as trigger
  Global("testvar","LOCALS",1)                      // OR'ed trigger #2
  NextTriggerObject(ThirdNearestEnemyOf(Myself))    // doesn't count as trigger
  Global("testvar","LOCALS",1)                      // OR'ed trigger #3
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
END

Btw, it looks like WeiDU decompiles it into a single, more complex construct:
// becomes
TriggerOverride(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),Global("testvar","LOCALS",1))
TriggerOverride() doesn't seem to be defined by TobEx or anywhere else in the game, so I guess it's a custom symbol internally used by WeiDU to work around the "two triggers" issue.

Edited by Argent77, 18 June 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#511 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:53 AM

Okay, thanks.  Gonna test.  I think the auto-tab got me confused amongst the 3 different game installs I have.

#512 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.36-20150619

Changes:

• WMP: Added options to display all map icons and, optionally, travel distances from selected map entry on the worldmap. This feature can be toggled on or off via popup menu when right-clicking on the worldmap graphics. (Dashed lines for travel distances indicate random encounters on the way, while solid lines indicate no random encounters.)
  • TIS: Added option to convert (legacy) palette-based TIS files into the new PVRZ-based TIS format.
  • Mass Converter: Added option to automatically convert all TIS files into either palette-based (legacy) or PVRZ-based TIS files.
  • ITM: Made icon display in ITM view tab more consistent across different game versions.
  • Added option for turning on/off auto indentation in BCS script. Can be found under Options->Text Editor->BCS and BAF->Enable Automatic Indentation.
  • Fixed a bug when repeatedly opening and closing area viewer via window close button.
  • Fixed a bug in DLG resources when adding/removing action or trigger entries.
  • Several smaller fixes.

#513 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:52 AM

WMP: Added options to display all map icons and, optionally, travel distances from selected map entry on the worldmap. This feature can be toggled on or off via popup menu when right-clicking on the worldmap graphics. (Dashed lines for travel distances indicate random encounters on the way, while solid lines indicate no random encounters.)

absolutely fantastic. Now working with worldmap is pure fun. Thank you very much for fulfilling this request. Other changes are great too.

#514 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

WMP: Added options to display all map icons and, optionally, travel distances from selected map entry on the worldmap. This feature can be toggled on or off via popup menu when right-clicking on the worldmap graphics. (Dashed lines for travel distances indicate random encounters on the way, while solid lines indicate no random encounters.)

Thank you!

#515 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for continuing to update NI.

#516 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:49 AM

I don't know if it is a bug or not but...

Testing your Tileconv program, I renamed my GWxxxx.tis files in _GWxxxx.tis, so I could check the quality ot the compressing process.

And... How to say that in words. Just have a look :

original GW0003.tis file : http://i18.servimg.c...53/gw000310.jpg

the same renamed _GW0003.tis : http://i18.servimg.c...53/_gw00010.jpg

Note : It has nothing to do with tileconv, which works like a charm, but "_" added to the file name seems to cause something weird. I gave repeated the same process with a dozen files and got the same display problem.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#517 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:07 AM

I don't know if it is a bug or not but...

Testing your Tileconv program, I renamed my GWxxxx.tis files in _GWxxxx.tis, so I could check the quality ot the compressing process.

And... How to say that in words. Just have a look :

original GW0003.tis file : http://i18.servimg.c...53/gw000310.jpg
the same renamed _GW0003.tis : http://i18.servimg.c...53/_gw00010.jpg

Note : It has nothing to do with tileconv, which works like a charm, but "_" added to the file name seems to cause something weird. I gave repeated the same process with a dozen files and got the same display problem.

That's not a bug, but rather the way TIS files are defined. Since TIS files don't provide any information about their dimensions, NI attempts to find a WED file of the same name to retrieve the correct number of tiles per row. Since you have renamed the file, NI can't find an associated WED file and uses a very simple formula to determine the width (which is usually one or more tiles off). You can easily adjust the number of tiles per rows with the controls at the top of the viewer.

Edited by Argent77, 21 June 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#518 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

I was quite sure it wasn't a bug!: :shifty:

Thanks for the explaination.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#519 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

The automatic indentation toggle is not having an effect here.  Still auto-tabs.

#520 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:41 AM

Yeah, I had misunderstood your request. I've noticed it only after the release. It should be easy to change its behavior though.