Photo

PnP Fey creatures [IMPLEMENTED]

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Is there any compatibility issues between this component and Smarter sirines and dryads from SCS?

Smarter sirines and dryads
This component improves the intelligence of sirines - their charms will be better targetted and they make more intelligent use of their invisibility. It also adds a little defensive magic to the hamadryad of the cloakwood - she is hopefully a little more of a challenge now.
This component has not been tested with the "Lure of the Sirine's Call" mod by Ghreyfain, but I expect it to be compatible.

#42 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

I saw no problems, it was a good combination. Tough though.

#43 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Is there any compatibility issues between this component and Smarter sirines and dryads from SCS?

No issues, I always take SCS(II) into account when coding aTweaks AI.

As in other cases, as long as aTweaks is installed after SCS(II) it will take over the AI of the relevant creatures.

#44 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

I'd expect no less! :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity, will the particular hamadryad of Cloakwood be a hybdrid of your hamadryads and SCS's "special hamadryad", or will one of them take precedence?

#45 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

Just out of curiosity, will the particular hamadryad of Cloakwood be a hybdrid of your hamadryads and SCS's "special hamadryad", or will one of them take precedence?

aTweaks takes precedence in all cases.

#46 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Just wondering - do you give fey creatures immunity to charm (since most of them can charm)? I can't find any PnP information on it (and can't read your readme - the mod links to the online readme and the online readme doesn't work due to forum issues). I'm wondering from a fixpack point of view, since half the dryads, sirines etc. are coded as "monster" and the other half as "humanoid" - the latter would make the susceptible to charm person, whereas the former only to charm monster (obviously they are "humanoid" but coding is a different thing).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#47 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Just wondering - do you give fey creatures immunity to charm (since most of them can charm)?

No.

A charm immunity for fey creatures isn't mentioned anywhere in the source books.

#48 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

I have a rather strange thing in my game, when Sirines cast Charming Song, my NPCs tend to have the Charmed Icon and the 'Charmed' string displayed even though they saved vs spells successfully and remained green :P

I've had this happen during fights before in my game (if I recall right, on Hold effects as well) but I just managed to replicate this consistently in the BGT Lighthouse area (that spawns Sirines regularly and randomly as part of its area spawns)

The spell is Charming Song, which is only RR#FCSNG.SPL in my game and it comes from aTweaks' Fey creatures component so thought I'd ask here first for any insight :cheers: (also the only thing that modifies that SPL in my install is Generalized Biffing - which probably didn't do anything to it :lol:) I'd be glad to export any SPLs and EFFs for debugging that might help resolve this little annoyance :P

Also WeiDU.log:
Spoiler

Edited by Lollorian, 27 October 2012 - 09:48 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#49 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Lollorian - check the spell effects with DLTCEP or NI. Make sure that the icon and text saving throw and resistance fields match that of the actual charm effect. They should all have the same (probably dispel/not bypass resistance) and it sounds like they don't.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#50 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Thanks :cheers: There's some kinda hierarchy of effects thing on that spell :lol:

RR#FCSNG.SPL calls RR#FCSNG.EFF which calls RR#FCSN2.SPL (which has the actual Charm effects) but it also calls RR#FCSN2.EFF for elves and half-elves :o

As for their dispel/saves:

RR#FCSNG.SPL: Use EFF file effect has no save and no dispel/bypass resist (0)
RR#FCSNG.EFF:Cast Spell (RR#FCSN2.SPL) has no save and no dispel/bypass resist (0)
RR#FCSN2.SPL: the 2 Use EFF effects (for elves and half-elves) have no save and are no dispel/bypass resist (0) but every other effect (including the charm effect, icon and string) has save vs. spells (0) and are dispel/not bypass resistance (1) :unsure:
RR#FCSN2.EFF: Protection from spell (RR#FCSN2.SPL) has no saves and no dispel/bypass resist (0)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#51 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

An update on my earlier report about spell effects affecting stuff without any actual effects :P It would seem this is a ToBEx issue as these kind peeps pointed out :)

I'll check with the Saving throw thing disabled and update again for confirmation :cheers: