• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#81 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yep, it's just because the software hasn't been updated yet.

#82 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

Were do I find the spoiler tags??

Thanks in advance

#83 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:32 AM

Look at the dropdown list left side where it says "Other styles".

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#84 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

Thanks
Spoiler

#85 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

I went to my profile settings to adjust my signature, and found out that my forum profile had all these new and nifty options I never paid attention to before. That's really great, but one thing confused me: it had a "gender" option(that I never used), so it seems that my gender had been "male"(default?) for years. Which, um, was wrong. I corrected it, naturally, but I thought I'd warn you guys just in case other users might experience a similar problem. (Maybe it's possible to hide gender for those users who never did choose it themselves, or something).

#86 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

Not that I know of, unfortunately; I think it's been like that since before we upgraded to the new software.

#87 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

there's no girls on the Internet

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#88 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

Maybe it's possible to hide gender for those users who never did choose it themselves, or something.

I think It's already working the way you want it. Just look at Kal's profile, he has no gender. I don't think yours was set as male either. In your profile you can set one of 3 options:
male - others see it as blue gender symbol,
female - others see it as pink symbol,
not telling - represented by yellowish symbol

But if someone had never edited his or her profile on present forum software he/she would have no icon at all. Just like Kal or Shaitan now.
When you were trying to edit your profile you saw "male" in gender field, because it's the first option available from the drop down list and there is no "blank" option that would tell you that you simply haven't declared it yet.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#89 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

When I reply, the cursor moves really sluggishly.... what's going on?

#90 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:55 AM

Use Adblock (or similar software) to block |http://www.shsforums.net/public/js/3rd_party/prettify/* .

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#91 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/

Under Infinity Engine Mods, Tech & Tweak Mods, the ToBEx link is directed towards the Bigg House mod, instead of its correct page.

Current Page: http://www.spellhold...ios.net/ie/bigg
Correct Page: http://www.spellhold...os.net/ie/tobex

(Is the icon for it also supposed to be red? Not sure what it means, but it is.)

#92 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:43 AM

Any ETA? It only takes a couple of clicks to delete spambot rubbish about running shoes in Aurora's forum, but I would prefer not to have to do so.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#93 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:42 AM

Any ETA? It only takes a couple of clicks to delete spambot rubbish about running shoes in Aurora's forum, but I would prefer not to have to do so.

Seconded. I see a veritable influx of them...

#94 Destiny

Destiny
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

On a popular website I go to, Bungie.net, someone created a third party script for Greasemonkey. It works for Firefox and Google Chrome. It lets people who use the script have custom profile information that isn't supposed to be on the site, but appears for the user, as well as others who use the script. It lets the users have their own custom avatars that can be pretty much anything as well as custom usernames, custom text, and more. Someone should make a script like that for here, it's completely off-site and so there's nothing the moderators could do about it. So, who wants to make a script so we can have our own custom coups here?

Example of coups (I'm Jesus):
Posted Image

Coup user edit area example:
Posted Image

#95 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

I would suggest that you would disallow the unsigned users/quests from making new topics in most of the forums(Classic Adventures, Megamod Help currently has those)... to remove some of the ad spam. This is getting unpleasant to see 4 ads in the "Active content in the last 24 hours" search.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#96 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Jarno Mikkola wrote:

I would suggest that you would disallow the unsigned users/quests from making new topics in most of the forums(Classic Adventures, Megamod Help currently has those)... to remove some of the ad spam. This is getting unpleasant to see 4 ads in the "Active content in the last 24 hours" search.

I say that we should do what T.C Dale of the Imoen Romance Site has does for her forums for one year. And there is no spam there on the Imoen Romance Forum.

Before you sign on or post anything, you have to answer some Baldur's Gate questions.

I say that we should adapt what T.C DALE has done so that people who post spam cannot post anything in the Baldur's Gate Mod Forums.

Posted Image

Edit 1:

The reason I want this is because a spambot was able to become a member of Spellhold Studios today, so they have evolved so much that they are now people! :o ( So now it is like the Terminator movies! 8) )
So we must do this if we are to save SpellHold.

Plus, a couple of years ago: 4chan members joined the Chosen of Mystra and filled the forum posts with stuff and images that makes me sick to this day and caused one of the modders there to have a nervous breakdown and he then went crazy and blasted all the other members with curse words and banned them all because they had one question. :(

So we must plan ahead of the Spambots and the evils of 4chan before they attack us! :clap:

Edited by Neane, 03 May 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#97 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

Those probably don't help a lot cause it's as easy to make a spambot that gives the same answer to a few questions and a custom random question, than just the custom random question.
Yes, the spambots are made actually by humans via programming their maker, not an Artificial Intellegence.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#98 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:02 AM

I'd like to second this because I just reported 8 spam topics from unregistered users in Mega Mod Help.

#99 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

I'd like to second this because I just reported 8 spam topics from unregistered users in Mega Mod Help.

I agree. Spam has been getting pretty annoying recently (Mega mod forum is full of spam, today).
Anyway, IIRC, guest posting was disabled at least for some weeks, around one year ago. Registering is not so difficult for users, and I think it's easier to prevent bots from registering to the forum than from posting.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#100 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

If bots can post as guest, they can also register, even if they will have to supply an e-mail and validate it (that said, I still would prefer to see guest posting disabled, but that's another matter).

The Question/Answer system like in the Imoen Romance forums is probably the most effective system against spam, since the answers can't be guessed by bots not specifically designed to target Baldur's Gate forums. This is not only much more effective against Bots, but also much more friendly to humans who do not have to decipher those horribles (and ineffective) captchas.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.