High quality music plays to fast?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:41 PM

And no, it cannot be installed.

I've read that pro5 is not using songlist.2da anymore, a different approach.

I don't want to break my installation, can I savely uninstall 1pp_hq_music_II and install 1pp_hq_music_bgt ?

Also, I used this:

~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music

Is 1pp_hq_music_bgt compatible? When I tried to simply install it now, it said:

SKIPPING: [1pp: High quality music for BGT -> Patch BGT and BGII areas to make full use of updated music (Recommended)]
BGTMusic component 2 is not installed, SONGLIST.2DA is missing required BGT/BGII song entries
Already Asked About [1pp: High quality music for BGT]

But BGT-Music does not have two components, it has 1 component with 3 options (from my .DEBUG file)?

Edited by Bloodtitan, 22 May 2020 - 11:42 PM.

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:54 PM

But BGT-Music does not have two components, it has 1 component with 3 options (from my .DEBUG file)?
This is due to version updates... of either one of the mods, one is older than the other, and so they have different component references.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:08 AM

Which means I cannot install pro5s setup and.... need the files?

#24 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:10 AM

Which means I cannot install pro5s setup and.... need the files?

Well, or you can out quote the requirement in the mods .tp2 file...  it's just a requirement.

How that is done is you edit the file, find the requirement code, hopefully it's on it's own line and you just quote it out with putting these two symbols in front of it "//" without the quotes of course...

So you take this code:

BEGIN ~Patch BGT and BGII areas to make full use of updated music (Recommended)~
SUBCOMPONENT ~1pp: High quality music for BGT~
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~BGT~ ~BGT not detected~
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS ~1pp_hq_music_II\music\ATHN\ATHNa.acm~ AND FILE_EXISTS ~1pp_hq_music_ToSC\music\INite\INitea.acm~ ~One of the required music packages not found. Download and extract both 1PP BG2 and TotSC HQ music packages before running this.~
REQUIRE_PREDICATE MOD_IS_INSTALLED "setup-bgtmusic.tp2" "2" ~BGTMusic component 2 is not installed, SONGLIST.2DA is missing required BGT/BGII song entries~

And change it to be this:

BEGIN ~Patch BGT and BGII areas to make full use of updated music (Recoded by the Imp yes requirements removed)~
SUBCOMPONENT ~1pp: High quality music for BGT~
//REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~BGT~ ~BGT not detected~
//REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS ~1pp_hq_music_II\music\ATHN\ATHNa.acm~ AND FILE_EXISTS ~1pp_hq_music_ToSC\music\INite\INitea.acm~ ~One of the required music packages not found. Download and extract both 1PP BG2 and TotSC HQ music packages before running this.~
//REQUIRE_PREDICATE MOD_IS_INSTALLED "setup-bgtmusic.tp2" "2" ~BGTMusic component 2 is not installed, SONGLIST.2DA is missing required BGT/BGII song entries~

And you don't install it into a wrong game ...

Edited by The Imp, 23 May 2020 - 04:28 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#25 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:56 AM

Getting this then:

ERROR: Failure("Error: Executable does not appear to be compatible.")

It could be that the file size check of pro5 is outdated, from what I read in the .tp2-file.

#26 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

Could be... I can't say for sure, so at your own risk, like always, just comment the  check out ... by changing this:

// uncomment for game files
// ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bgmain.exe~) THEN BEGIN
COPY ~bgmain.exe~ ~bgmain.exe~  
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE == 0x77a02e) BEGIN
  PHP_EACH binarypatch AS value1 => value2 BEGIN
	PATCH_IF (%value2% <= 0xFF) BEGIN
	WRITE_BYTE %value1_0%  %value2% 
	END

Into this:

// uncomment for game files
// ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bgmain.exe~) THEN BEGIN
COPY ~bgmain.exe~ ~bgmain.exe~  
//PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE == 0x77a02e) BEGIN
  PHP_EACH binarypatch AS value1 => value2 BEGIN
	PATCH_IF (%value2% <= 0xFF) BEGIN
	WRITE_BYTE %value1_0%  %value2% 
//	END

#27 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

FWIW, Polish 2.5.26498 EXE is different than the rest.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#28 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:00 AM

No polish player here  :shifty:

I got it to work but had to delete/out-comment much more. I made a copy of the bgmain.exe first just in case it is really more than checks what pro5 did.

Battle and combat music is working now, thanks for your assistance you three!

I'm attaching the .tp2-file that worked for me (Windows BGT installation).

Attached Files

Edited by Bloodtitan, 24 May 2020 - 12:09 AM.

#29 WilfredDrake

WilfredDrake
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:17 AM

A very hard selection of music on many different devices.