• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#81 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

EDIT: a tweak to allocate thieving skill points in increments of 5 at level up might be nice (especially when leveling up a lvl 25 thief 20 times in a row while testing).

Lol, you mean holding down the mouse button isn't good enough?

Not when I'm testing changes to Refinements and I have to create 20 level 25 thieves. As I've said, I was more or less idly listing gripes (except for the AddKit() one) ;)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#82 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:13 AM

Original BG2 off-hand attack uses the same animation seqence that main hand attack use in 2 weapon style (not playable avatars doesn't had off-hand sequences and still work), so I think there should be no problems with animations. Even if for some reason new seqence should be made, than we can copy original 2 weapon attack seqence.
IMHO it can be fixed without any new resources.

#83 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:50 AM

In a somewhat similar vein to " -Added: Disable Force Inventory Pause", I seem to recall that when looking at the minimap no auto-pause functions works. So if I send the party on a long stroll and watch the progress on the minimap, the first hint that enemies are nearby is that a random character is severely damaged. Could this be fixed (unless it's just my local behaviour)? Addendum; will autopause work if the aforementioned tweak is installed, and I'm browsing the inventory while enemies attack?

I haven't had a good look at the auto-pause code, so I don't know. I suspect that getting hit in the inventory will behave exactly like the minimap. Why don't you test it out?

If it's the same behaviour, it means auto-pause won't work at all - I'll test it :new_thumbs:

#84 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

Higher HP on Level Up
This component provides the player with a choice of two options that will increase average HPs when characters level up.

• Maximum. This option will ensure that the dice roll will always be the highest available.
  • NWN-style. This option will ensure that the range of possible HPs gained will always be in the higher half of the range, i.e. results will always be 4-6 on 1d6, 5-8 for 1d8, etc.
Please note that barbarian characters will interact badly with this component due to their hardcoded nature. The Maximum option will not affect them, and the NWN-Style will cause them to roll 5d12 for their hit points.

Is this possible for you to fix Ascension64? The NWN-style rendering Barbarians with hundereds of HP:s is especially annoying. There is a discussion somewhere why this works like it does, let me know if you want me to dig it up.

Edited by Dakk, 24 January 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#85 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

Maybe, some day, if you are bored and want to become even more bored, you could have a look at EscapeAreaMove? It seems like it is possible for it to sporadically malfunction and forget about the Move part (hypothesis). E.g. there are occasional reports about Saemon getting lost on the way to the boat, after leaving the Vulgar Monkey, or Solaufein failing to show up outside Ust Natha, or NPC X failing to show up at location Y at time Z. They all have EscapeAreaMove in common and there's seemingly no way they could fail to show up, unless EscapeAreaMove was unreliable.

#86 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

The best I can do is log the error message from the assertions. For other crashes, people will have to report via the Windows crash dialog box.

The main problem is with errors that don't generate assertions (i.e. baldur.err is empty) hence the need for more information on what was happening at the time. These errors seem to be rather common and can be related to animations, dialogues, scripts etc. but people rarely post enough information to troubleshoot the problem (they post their WeiDU.log usually, which is rarely helpful because most folks have every mod ever invented in it).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#87 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Higher HP on Level Up
This component provides the player with a choice of two options that will increase average HPs when characters level up.

• Maximum. This option will ensure that the dice roll will always be the highest available.
  • NWN-style. This option will ensure that the range of possible HPs gained will always be in the higher half of the range, i.e. results will always be 4-6 on 1d6, 5-8 for 1d8, etc.
Please note that barbarian characters will interact badly with this component due to their hardcoded nature. The Maximum option will not affect them, and the NWN-Style will cause them to roll 5d12 for their hit points.

Is this possible for you to fix Ascension64? The NWN-style rendering Barbarians with hundereds of HP:s is especially annoying. There is a discussion somewhere why this works like it does, let me know if you want me to dig it up.

I second this.

#88 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

I think that my wish isn't a wish, but a proof of my daydreaming, however is it possible to make subraces in BG2? I mean in character creation, not via dialogue in game or something.

Probably not just an executable hack but extending the CHU files or creating an additional CHU file for the selection. I daydream, too. :D
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#89 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

Higher HP on Level Up

Possibly, will have a look. If you can dig up the discussion, would be superb. :)

Update: OK, I can explain this.

vanilla HPWAR.2DA
2DA V1.0
    SIDES   ROLLS   MODIFIER
1   10      1       0
2   10      1       0
3   10      1       0
4   10      1       0
5   10      1       0
6   10      1       0
7   10      1       0
8   10      1       0
9   10      1       0

With the NWN-style change
2DA V1.0
    SIDES   ROLLS   MODIFIER
1   2      5       0
2   2      5       0
3   2      5       0
4   2      5       0
5   2      5       0
6   2      5       0
7   2      5       0
8   2      5       0
9   2      5       0

BGMain.exe hard-codes an override SIDES = 12 when the kit is BARBARIAN, hence...
2DA V1.0
    SIDES   ROLLS   MODIFIER
1   12      5       0
2   12      5       0
3   12      5       0
4   12      5       0
5   12      5       0
6   12      5       0
7   12      5       0
8   12      5       0
9   12      5       0

Call it 'the devs are slack because they cannot make a HPBARB.2DA'? Anyway, I'll externalise a HPBARB.2DA.

The main problem is with errors that don't generate assertions (i.e. baldur.err is empty) hence the need for more information on what was happening at the time. These errors seem to be rather common and can be related to animations, dialogues, scripts etc. but people rarely post enough information to troubleshoot the problem (they post their WeiDU.log usually, which is rarely helpful because most folks have every mod ever invented in it).

These crashes suck because they are outside the safety coding that the devs originally put in. As I said, the most helpful thing (which sometimes not very helpful) is to teach people how to use Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools of Control Panel and dig up the Windows error log. For Linux and MacOS, I am sure there are similar things, except I don't know them.

Edited by Ascension64, 25 January 2011 - 12:51 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#90 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

I think that my wish isn't a wish, but a proof of my daydreaming, however is it possible to make subraces in BG2? I mean in character creation, not via dialogue in game or something.

Probably not just an executable hack but extending the CHU files or creating an additional CHU file for the selection. I daydream, too. :D

Yes, that would be great.

#91 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

You people do realize that subraces won't ever work because there isn't space in the .cre to store the subrace byte?

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#92 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

Call it 'the devs are slack because they cannot make a HPBARB.2DA'? Anyway, I'll externalise a HPBARB.2DA.

I seem to recall that was the exact conclusion! And fantastic :Bow:

#93 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

You people do realize that subraces won't ever work because there isn't space in the .cre to store the subrace byte?

Well as a "hack" it could probably use any number of unused bytes.

It would be great if we could expand race.ids to more than 255 entries, but race is only a byte in CRE files, so I think not (without an even uglier hack).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#94 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Well as a "hack" it could probably use any number of unused bytes.

It would be great if we could expand race.ids to more than 255 entries, but race is only a byte in CRE files, so I think not (without an even uglier hack).

Well, the subraces are just sub things like kit are for classes... but we need to also include the original classes stats.
Now, the 101+ numbers are used as the rangers vs races/monsters, and the 201+ numbers are objects, and 255 is no_race, so why not just go a head and add 92 custom subraces(8-99), I think that's enough ...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#95 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Won't be my doing... too many new rules.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#96 -Darren-

-Darren-

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

I'd like to second the request for a fix to weapon proficiency not granting extra attacks to non-fighter/paladin/ranger/etc. classes.

#97 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

Let me re-state that it's an option in TB#Tweaks. The currently uploaded version is similar to what you ask, while the version in Git has an option to work like you asked.

#98 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

Is it possible extend mage kitlist, to be able to add new kits for mages?

#99 -Darren-

-Darren-

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Let me re-state that it's an option in TB#Tweaks. The currently uploaded version is similar to what you ask, while the version in Git has an option to work like you asked.

So, to clarify, the version in the git repository has an option to grant the extra attacks from proficiencies to all classes rather than granting them the extra attacks normally given to fighter-types at levels 7 and 13? For example, if I had a Cleric kit with 5 stars in Maces and 1 in War Hammer, he'd be granted extra attacks with all Mace-proficiency weapons, but not War Hammers?

#100 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Is it possible extend mage kitlist, to be able to add new kits for mages?

Not sure, perhaps. I imagine the kits would have to conform to TRUECLASS rules or a specific school to be in line with the unusabilities.

--------------
Retired Modder