TobEx Wish list

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#61 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Oh, I see. You want separate different spell/item sources.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#62 fearless

fearless
  • 79 posts

Donator

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Im wondering if its possible to use this tool to make an ingame map editor, by utilizing the existing resources in the game engine, adding own content (actors, containers etc) and then saving info to output files. I suppose it would take a lot of modding to achieve this though - seperate cloned installation specially modded to show modding menu/buttons, then load an existing area up. Some sort of overlay to delete/add containers, actors, creatures. Probably too complicated though i suspect.

fearless

CM690 II Case, Corsair HX1000 PSU, Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel i5-3750K @ 4.2Ghz, Corsair 8GB DDR3, Asus DirectCU GTX-670, Samsung 256GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD x2

https://github.com/mrfearless

#63 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Ehm, yeah, I think you are asking a bit too much for me there.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#64 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:13 AM

IETME/DLTCEP allow map edition and have an good interface. Making yet another map editor imo is pointless by now.

Retired from modding.

#65 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

I've got another small convenience tweak request. When buying from a store, you can only select 16 (or 16 stacks) of an item to buy at a time, even when the item you are buying would stack in your inventory to only take up one slot. Can this number be raised?

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#66 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

I've got another small convenience tweak request. When buying from a store, you can only select 16 (or 16 stacks) of an item to buy at a time, even when the item you are buying would stack in your inventory to only take up one slot. Can this number be raised?

I suspect this is too much work for too little gain here, sorry.

--------------
Retired Modder

#67 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

The Maximum HP Modifier effect has the option to update or not the current HP with the chosen modifier. If update is enabled, the item will heal the character everytime it's equipped. The not update option solves this, but at the expense of having the HP bonus vanish whenever a new area (or the game) is (re)loaded, so the item has to be reequipped for the bonus to work. Can something be done about this?

Kudos for the new release, BTW. :)

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#68 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

You will then have to change the nature of timing mode 2 - which works like a permanent timing mode that's updated each time a character equips some sort of item, enters an area, atc. Ascension/Taimon probably know this is better detail.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#69 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

The BG2Fixpack docs contain some interesting bits. Refer to the URL for detailed description. Yes, I suspect some are impossible and/or too much work and/or might cause trouble elsewhere, but listing is free :)

These aren't (IIRC) fixed by any mods:
Multiclass Cleric-Rangers Receive HLAs at Incorrect Levels
Fake-Talk Exploit
Kit Abilities Restored When Character Rejoins the Party
Attribute Drains Can Cause Scores to 'Wrap Around' To Max Values
Bags of Holding Recharge Items
Spell Effects and Scripts Remain Active During Time Stop
Launchers That Do Not Require Ammo Damage Exploit

(Sort of) fixed, but in another mod:
Weapon Specialization Does Not Provide Extra Attacks for Non-Fighters (tb#tweaks)

Not from that page, but might help less attentive modders:
Cleric/Rangers aren't detected by CLERIC_ALL (fixable by manually checking for C/R when checking for C_A, but error prone).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#70 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:36 AM

Spell Effects and Scripts Remain Active During Time Stop.

This more has to do with TS incrementing the durations and delays of sll spell effects by TS's duration, and making sure stuff fired during TS have incremented durations and delays. I'm against making effects trigger after TS expires, because that will mess up the AI into thinking whatever protection spell has not been cast yet.

There's one that fixpack attempts to fix, and really bugs me the way it does:
- Invisibility granting save bonuses, II granting AC bonuses against creatures that do not detect invisible things (io invisible detection by script).

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#71 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:56 AM

This more has to do with TS incrementing the durations and delays of sll spell effects by TS's duration, and making sure stuff fired during TS have incremented durations and delays. I'm against making effects trigger after TS expires, because that will mess up the AI into thinking whatever protection spell has not been cast yet.

I'm well aware that some of the bugs I mentioned can't, or shouldn't, be fixed. I've just copied verbatim the list from the Fixpack documentation, minus the two things that are already fixed by ToBEx.

Also: it's possible to overflow the thieving skills, since they're stored in an unsigned byte (you can't spend more than 250 points at level up, but once you factor in the bonuses from race/ability points/equipment it can overflow). This is another "don't do this", but I think it should't be hard to enforce a 0-250 cap via the .exe.

EDIT: a tweak to allocate thieving skill points in increments of 5 at level up might be nice (especially when leveling up a lvl 25 thief 20 times in a row while testing).

EDIT II (actually hampering Refinements and not just navel-gazing): AddKit() only saves the upper half of the dword, rather than the full dword (same issue as Kit()). As such, calling AddKit() on a Barbarian (and I assume on a Wild Mage) will write a nonsensical value for the kit.

Edited by the bigg, 23 January 2011 - 08:58 AM.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#72 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:59 AM

Ascenscion64:
In a somewhat similar vein to " -Added: Disable Force Inventory Pause", I seem to recall that when looking at the minimap no auto-pause functions works. So if I send the party on a long stroll and watch the progress on the minimap, the first hint that enemies are nearby is that a random character is severely damaged. Could this be fixed (unless it's just my local behaviour)? Addendum; will autopause work if the aforementioned tweak is installed, and I'm browsing the inventory while enemies attack?

Weapon Specialization Does Not Provide Extra Attacks for Non-Fighters (tb#tweaks)

I've thoroughly searched the bigg house, and cannot find this component - neither is it mentioned in the readme?

#73 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

tb#tweaks is currently at 2.50, and the component is "wspatck for all". Updated the readme on bigg.spellholdstudios.net.

Edited by the bigg, 23 January 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#74 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

Compatibility for EasyTutu_ToB installs?

#75 fearless

fearless
  • 79 posts

Donator

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

I seem to recall that there is a hardcoded limit for amount of joinable NPCs that you can have in your party at one time. Possible to change this with TobEx? or would this entail adding support for other scripting options as well, for example Player7, Player8 etc. Might be a bit much?

fearless

CM690 II Case, Corsair HX1000 PSU, Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel i5-3750K @ 4.2Ghz, Corsair 8GB DDR3, Asus DirectCU GTX-670, Samsung 256GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD x2

https://github.com/mrfearless

#76 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

I seem to recall that there is a hardcoded limit for amount of joinable NPCs that you can have in your party at one time. Possible to change this with TobEx? or would this entail adding support for other scripting options as well, for example Player7, Player8 etc. Might be a bit much?

Oh, and there will never be a party of > 6 characters enabled by TobEx.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#77 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

In the BG2 you always get only 1 attack in a round with off-hand, even if you do 10 atackks in a round, but animations says that you do tham identically for both hands :wacko: , so maeby it could be fixed
2 atacks 1/1, 3 2/1, 4 2/2... Additional atack effect on weapon grant attack with main hand whenever hand you used for weapon with this effect, can it be called bug?
:rolleyes: Another question. :whistling: Is't possible to add compatibility with spell animations from pst? (with bigger resolution than bg2)

#78 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

In the BG2 you always get only 1 attack in a round with off-hand, even if you do 10 atackks in a round, but animations says that you do tham identically for both hands :wacko: , so maeby it could be fixed

I think not - not without revising animations frame-by-frame and possibly implementing new animation sequences.

Is't possible to add compatibility with spell animations from pst? (with bigger resolution than bg2)

I also think not, as the maximum pixel size is 256. But there is an easy fix for this - either downsize the animations (with BAM Resizer or whatever) or "quarter" them (cut them into four separate animations which fire at the same time).

Here's a request: how about logging *something* every time the game crashes? Like the last few actions or dialogues/scripts triggered, the last few creatures visible, the area the party was in, even a forced screenshot might help.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#79 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Here's a request: how about logging *something* every time the game crashes? Like the last few actions or dialogues/scripts triggered, the last few creatures visible, the area the party was in, even a forced screenshot might help.

:lol: I might add, that this will spare Miloch of asking each and everyone if logging On=1 has been added to the .ini :cheers:

#80 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

The BG2Fixpack docs contain some interesting bits. Refer to the URL for detailed description. Yes, I suspect some are impossible and/or too much work and/or might cause trouble elsewhere, but listing is free :)

These aren't (IIRC) fixed by any mods:
Multiclass Cleric-Rangers Receive HLAs at Incorrect Levels
Fake-Talk Exploit
Kit Abilities Restored When Character Rejoins the Party
Attribute Drains Can Cause Scores to 'Wrap Around' To Max Values
Bags of Holding Recharge Items
Spell Effects and Scripts Remain Active During Time Stop
Launchers That Do Not Require Ammo Damage Exploit

Not from that page, but might help less attentive modders:
Cleric/Rangers aren't detected by CLERIC_ALL (fixable by manually checking for C/R when checking for C_A, but error prone).

Some things to look at, thanks.

EDIT: a tweak to allocate thieving skill points in increments of 5 at level up might be nice (especially when leveling up a lvl 25 thief 20 times in a row while testing).

Lol, you mean holding down the mouse button isn't good enough?

EDIT II (actually hampering Refinements and not just navel-gazing): AddKit() only saves the upper half of the dword, rather than the full dword (same issue as Kit()). As such, calling AddKit() on a Barbarian (and I assume on a Wild Mage) will write a nonsensical value for the kit.

Yep, definitely worth having a look at.

In a somewhat similar vein to " -Added: Disable Force Inventory Pause", I seem to recall that when looking at the minimap no auto-pause functions works. So if I send the party on a long stroll and watch the progress on the minimap, the first hint that enemies are nearby is that a random character is severely damaged. Could this be fixed (unless it's just my local behaviour)? Addendum; will autopause work if the aforementioned tweak is installed, and I'm browsing the inventory while enemies attack?

I haven't had a good look at the auto-pause code, so I don't know. I suspect that getting hit in the inventory will behave exactly like the minimap. Why don't you test it out?

2 atacks 1/1, 3 2/1, 4 2/2... Additional atack effect on weapon grant attack with main hand whenever hand you used for weapon with this effect, can it be called bug?

That's an interesting one, sounds tricky. Is it the animation itself, or the attack rolls too. I may be able to correct for attack rolls, but not animation.

Is't possible to add compatibility with spell animations from pst? (with bigger resolution than bg2)

Someone will have to explain to me how these differ, since my PS:T copy sits somewhere in deep storage...

This is extremely tricky for two main reasons.
1. Not all crashes occur via assertions. I can't catch any of these because TobEx isn't run in a separate thread except at startup when the EXE modifications are being made.
2. All assertion crashes crash call the same procedure. Therefore, I can't tell properly who called it (except manually opening the debugger) and the context of which the crash occurred. I'm not a screenshot helps either, because it doesn't tell you what happened. Stuff in the dialogue bar will get logged into TobEx_dlg.log.

The best I can do is log the error message from the assertions. For other crashes, people will have to report via the Windows crash dialog box.

:lol: I might add, that this will spare Miloch of asking each and everyone if logging On=1 has been added to the .ini :cheers:

With TobEx, you do not need Logging On=1 set. Actually, if you have Logging On=1, you get the assertion error logged twice in TobEx.log. I'll re-iterate here that logging with TobEx.log will always occur in assertion failures (even when the game can't show them) and it gives an extra memory address that tells a debugger where the assertion was called in 'hex' code.

-----190 Critical Error Message Box Fix [F]
Fixes an issue where the critical error message box during a crash does not always display
This is because the window thread that the message box is sent to is suspended

Options:
-0: disabled
-1: enabled

-----500 Log Assertion Failures [D]
Logs assertion failures in the game to console and TobEx.log (with timestamp)
These are logged even when the game is unable to display them
Assertions will display a return address to facilitate debugging
Does not require "Logging On=1" in baldur.ini

Options:
-0: disabled
-1: enabled

Edited by Ascension64, 23 January 2011 - 10:17 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder