TobEx Wish list

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

Place your requests here. I won't guarantee that any of the requests will be fulfilled, but it at least will serve as a discussion of engine limitations and perhaps turn into a mod support thread... :)

Oh, and there will never be a party of > 6 characters enabled by TobEx.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

[EDITED] Sorry. Read wrong.

Edited by Salk, 02 January 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

:Tasty:
I had always read that it was impossible to do that. How are you going around the scripts' limitations?

:WTF: Didn't he just say that he won't be able to do that ... :fish: :Poke:

1) Enable us to add in a custom selectable classes. :crazy: :naughty: :ROFL:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:44 AM

I think that my wish isn't a wish, but a proof of my daydreaming, however is it possible to make subraces in BG2? I mean in character creation, not via dialogue in game or something.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

Ummm I don't even know what I'm talking about myself but ... would it be possible to get even better understandable Assertion Errors?

For Eg: Assertion 696969: OMGWTFBBQ.CRE has a 2-handed sword equipped in the shield slot

Rather than: Assertion 012345: I am a teapot, short and stout! (not a real assertion but there's been "I'm on 2 lists and blah blah something" and the one on Turambar's sig :ROFL:)

On a side note, a list of all possible assertion errors would be great for the lolz :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

In Bg1 (maeby in the bg2 too, but only with a bg1 avatars)when you throwing weapon (spear or axe) game start animation sequence choosed in weapon properties (backhand, overhand or thrust), But in bg2 it's always overhand sequence. It's ok with 1handed weapons (axe,dart...) but 2handed spear look awfull when throwned overhand (maeby that's why bioware not realised throwing ability for spear in game), thrusting sequence will look much better. Can it be done, as with bg1 avatars?
Thanks

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

From the other thread:
  • having a way to check for barbarian and/or wild mage kit (as Miloch said here).
  • giving penalties to thieving skills even when the unusability doesn't exactly match the Assassin / Bounty Hunter ones. Current behavior (I don't know how the code actually is, but this is the end effect):

points = 25;
    if (cre.unusability == KIT_ASSASSIN) points = 20;
    if (cre.unusability == KIT_BOUNTY_HUNTER) points = 15;

Desired behavior:

points = 25;
    if (cre.unusability & KIT_ASSASSIN) points = 20;
    if (cre.unusability & KIT_BOUNTY_HUNTER) points = 15;

• Forcing a full window redraw every tick, to avoid problems with external overlays (E.G. Steam Community). Currently, only the game area is redrawn, along with area under the mouse and/or otherwise animated (buttons etc.).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#8 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

Could It be possible to add "hidden" proficiences to game (Meele, Arquebuses, and something else)? They are mentioned in dialog.tlk, but we can't choose them. I don't know whether they were implemented and just blocked, or not but it could be nice to be able to add additional proficiences.

Edited by Picollo, 03 January 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#9 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

There is mod that adds arquebuse (with new animation!), so additional prof for it will be just perfect.
Also, 2 weapon wielding in iwd2(d&d 3e) works much better than in bg2, engine can read additional bit in itm file to determine light or medium type of weapon, and accordingly give bonus to thac0 or not, so basically you get -6 with main hand/-10 with off hand & -4/-8 if light weapon used). But it needs prof tweaking too, coz in that case only 2 stars needed, 1st - +4 to offhand thac0, 2nd - +2 to thac0, but You can change that numbers if you want :whistling:

#10 Era

Era
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:59 AM

Just curious, but how hard would it be to add an Order system similar to what Icewind Dale II has? Something like <Ranger/Paladin/Monk/Cleric> of <chosen deity>? Ah, but then that would conflict with some kits... Hm. Nevermind, forget it.

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

Also, 2 weapon wielding in iwd2(d&d 3e) works much better than in bg2, engine can read additional bit in itm file to determine light or medium type of weapon, and accordingly give bonus to thac0 or not, so basically you get -6 with main hand/-10 with off hand & -4/-8 if light weapon used). But it needs prof tweaking too, coz in that case only 2 stars needed, 1st - +4 to offhand thac0, 2nd - +2 to thac0, but You can change that numbers if you want :whistling:

That's already done in the Item Revision... the item just needs a special feature that sets the thac0 according to what is liked... and because the heavy and light weapons wary according to opinion, it's a global tweak, not a .exe hack, as that's not even required.

There is mod that adds arquebuse (with new animation!), so additional prof for it will be just perfect.

That mod is the Infinity Animations... probably.
But that also requires a mod that allows you to acquire that animation.

Just curious, but how hard would it be to add an Order system similar to what Icewind Dale II has? Something like <Ranger/Paladin/Monk/Cleric> of <chosen deity>? Ah, but then that would conflict with some kits... Hm. Nevermind, forget it.

Extremely hard, not only because the .exe hacking, but also that the content would be somewhat usable... there's cleaner ways to do that too, like this: using items that set the deity and then using kits that base on them.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 January 2011 - 03:31 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 Igneous

Igneous
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

How about a tweak for swapping Cleric/Thieves' Turn Undead and Thieving menu buttons? Turn Undead is relatively seldom-used, but as it stands now, if ever you want to pick a lock or disarm a trap, you've got to click the Special Abilities button. Every... single... time. 'Tis most disturbing.

#13 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

Jarno, You wrong wrong wrong
1st - Arqebuse is my own mod (@vGur's UB), alredy with animations, that miss only additional prof (that actually has description in original dialog.tlk)
2nd - Item revision has almost nothing common with 3rd edition rules.
With IR You get +1/-1 OFFHAND thac0 with most weapons chosed by authors of IR (short swords/daggers=light, bastars=heavy...)
In D&D 3.5 You get +2 GENERAL thac0 ONLY when wielding 2 weapons including one light weapon chosed by D&D authors (daggers/short swords...), so there is no need for any opinion, it's all alredy in rulebooks

How it can be realised? 1st star in 2 weapons style grants +2 GENERAL Thac0 ONLY when you use 2 weapons(PERFECTLY AS D&D3 says), so we can set effect on light weapons, that adds 1 star in this style when that weapon equiped. There still problem with 2 weapon style, becose we need to make it unaccessible and erase stars in it for every creature in game. So rest 2 stars must be accessed via new prof (atually moved from previous style to this new prof).

If you can create new prof with same abilitys as 2 weapon style (only last 2 stars from it), rest I can do alone (almost done alredy) :Bow:

So, are any of these possible? :cheers:

#14 Milamber

Milamber
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

Would it be possible to implement more bag-friendly HasItem()/PartyHasItem() etc. triggers?

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the game checks all containers every time regardless of searched item couldn't be placed in a given container (Such as an armor in a scroll-case).

Alternative would it be possible to implement such triggers that don't check bags at all?

#15 -steve-

-steve-

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

How about a tweak for swapping Cleric/Thieves' Turn Undead and Thieving menu buttons? Turn Undead is relatively seldom-used, but as it stands now, if ever you want to pick a lock or disarm a trap, you've got to click the Special Abilities button. Every... single... time. 'Tis most disturbing.

If that is doable then what about a fully customisable menu bar for modders. Imagine a fighter kit with a find traps button? Or a bard who can't sing but can turn undead? Or maybe letting Viconia hide in shadows?

#16 -pacek-

-pacek-

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Charisma modifier for Bard songs and turn undead? Its supposed to be in vanilla but doesn't happen (I think).

#17 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

One more D&D reqest :P
In vanilla game you become slow when carrying too much:
0-100% = full spedd
100-120% - half speed
120%+ - can't move

In D&D it looks like this -
0-33% - full speed
34%-100 - half speed

So, if we set equipment maximum to actual 1/3 from real maximum & changed halved speed range from 100-120% to 100-300% we'll get exectly what D&D says.
After all it's strange, that chars runs allday with 100kg in their backpacks :wacko:

#18 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

How about being able to remove armor in combat. I see no reason why a mage\thief throwing darts far from the front lines couldn't slip out of her chain mail to cast a few spells...

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#19 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

A couple of BG features would suit purists playing the various BG and IWD conversions, such as disabling pause on the inventory screen and disabling the tab key.

I much preferred the random sleeping encounter in BG... in BG2, if monsters interrupt your sleep it happens instantly. In BG, you rest for 0-7 hours before monsters attack.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#20 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

An effect to grant a percentage increase to all damage dealt of a selected type would be nice. Ex: Aqua Mortis and the like from IWD2.