SHS Suggestions and Problems Thread

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#141 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Damn, I was going to edit ShadowTek's guide, and now I see this amusing post. Well, since this is a suggestion thread, do you want to implement a new CAPTCHA? reCAPTCHA works wonders, but you may want to have another one (like a math problem) just in case.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#142 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

that person has been doing this all morning in lots of threads I've reported several already. Each one touches on the topic at hand to an extent, but all with the intent of posting some link.... not gonna risk clicking the link either....

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#143 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

When I try to attach a .jpg to a post, it is automatically resized smaller (from 1600x900 down to 1,200 × 675). This is a problem because it often makes what I am trying to show (often text) much harder if not impossible to see. If you absolutely must, set a maximum image dimensions on the uploads, but don't resize them. I personally don't think uploads should be altered at all... I may have to resort to archiving screenshots, but this is inconvenient both for the uploader and anyone who wishes to view it.

On a related note, many of the standard IE file extension are not permitted to be uploaded in attachments to posts. This results in the poster either having to give it a false extension (tacking .txt to the end) which the end users then have to remove, or archiving everything (even something as small as a 5 line .bcs file) which the end user then has to unpack before using. Would it be possible/convenient to loosen or even remove these extension restrictions?

TIA,
Sam.

Edited by Sam., 06 May 2012 - 04:35 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#144 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

When I try to attach a .jpg to a post, it is automatically resized smaller (from 1600x900 down to 1,200 × 675).

if you link an image that you've uploaded to places like photobucket, rather than uploading directly to the forum, the image will be scaled for the post but can then be clicked on to view it at the full size. Its the only viable work around (I know of) for the issue you present and still have the image viewable within the post.

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#145 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I can't attach images to posts anymore, either through Opera or Firefox (WinXP). Tried .gif, .png, .jpg, all very small, none work. Zip files work though - is that the only supported attachment format now?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#146 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Downloads are very slow and time out. That's for some of the latest files - Almateria's Places v7 and BGSpawn v1.12. On the other hand, The White Queen v3 and Eilistraee Song v3.2 downloaded without errors.

#147 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Regarding my previous post - there's no consistency in the download speed. It can be slow and it can be fast. My Internet channel is very good, but I still get different speeds.
Another thing is that downloads happen without an option to multithread and without information of the file size. For example, when you start downloading 1PP v4.1 you cannot pause it and you do not see the file size. I've compared it to G3 which is using the same IP.Board and downloads work correctly there, file sizes are present and resume download is supported.
Please look at the settings, it is probably just an oversight.

#148 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Server is particularly slow and I think it's been down at least once today.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#149 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, there was an issue earlier today -- it's now been solved thanks to SConrad.

#150 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

I can't attach images to posts anymore, either through Opera or Firefox (WinXP). Tried .gif, .png, .jpg, all very small, none work. Zip files work though - is that the only supported attachment format now?

Seems to be smoother, still can't upload images though. Tried the Flash uploader too, which gives this message:

mytest.png
Upload Skipped (Error500)

It uploaded just fine (I saw the data transfer bar go to complete) - so why was it "skipped"? No one else has this issue?

#151 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Is there some reason my avatar has disappeared and I can no longer upload a new one? After selecting a new image to upload it churns endlessly--same issue on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#152 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Is there some reason my avatar has disappeared and I can no longer upload a new one? After selecting a new image to upload it churns endlessly--same issue on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE.

why I did not read it before?! :crying: now I have not an avator :o

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#153 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

No avatar? :o

EDIT: Yes avatar! 8)

Edited by Dakk, 17 November 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#154 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

No avatar? :o

Did you try to update your avatar... cause then you wouldn't have one... see mine.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#155 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Naah, after seeing so many of the old school familiar avatars disappear - I'm not dumb enough to try and change mine ;) :P

I suppose CamDawg will be Futurama-less for a while longer...

#156 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

would the old mods work with the new enhanced edition?

#157 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

would the old mods work with the new enhanced edition?

Depends on the mod... the EE has a few preset mods already on and the BG2 Tweaks has been updated to work with the EE... more mod releases are bound... aand you can always test and see if the installer runs to ruin, and then uninstall the mod if you see it even nessasary. PS, if the mods run into problems that prevent components from being installed, they won't change the in game files... so you are safe via trying and failing. Of course if the files are reformated enough, the mod might cause wrong effects ... which is unlikely, but it can happen.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#158 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

I have just noticed that when I log in to my account I don't have access to the W_GUI forum. It's not on the list on the main page. When I try to go to W_GUI subforum directly by typing in the address I get this error:

[#103139] You do not have permission to view this forum.

When I log out it's there, when I log in it's gone.

Can someone fix it?

Edited: I have access to the Complete Psionic, but not W_GUI.

Edited by Kwiat_W, 03 December 2012 - 03:47 AM.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#159 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

We need a BG:EE (mini)mods section in the download manager. I realize that mods that will be made compatible with BGEE will remain in whatever section they are currently in (mostly BG2 I would think), but I think there needs to be a separate section for mods that are specifically/exclusively made for the EE.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#160 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Two steps ahead of you :)