• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#161 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Is there some reason my avatar has disappeared and I can no longer upload a new one? After selecting a new image to upload it churns endlessly--same issue on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE.

Can we get two steps ahead of this, too?

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#162 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Are you planning to fix downloads or not? They still suck - I can download 3 mods out of 6 and for the rest I get the network timeout. From some other place I can download the timed out mods, but can't the ones I already have. Also pause/resume downloading is not supported.
No, this is not an ISP issue. I actually know what the problem is, the question is whether you can/are allowed to change the download page code and/or web server settings. This problem won't go away by itself and will continue to frustrate the users. And by ignoring/not fixing it you only worsen your reputation.

#163 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Shoot SConrad a PM with what you think is the problem and I'm sure he will take a look.

#164 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Is there some reason my avatar has disappeared and I can no longer upload a new one? After selecting a new image to upload it churns endlessly--same issue on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE.

Can we get two steps ahead of this, too?

cLsRx.gif

Are you planning to fix downloads or not? They still suck - I can download 3 mods out of 6 and for the rest I get the network timeout. From some other place I can download the timed out mods, but can't the ones I already have. Also pause/resume downloading is not supported.
No, this is not an ISP issue. I actually know what the problem is, the question is whether you can/are allowed to change the download page code and/or web server settings. This problem won't go away by itself and will continue to frustrate the users. And by ignoring/not fixing it you only worsen your reputation.

Next on my list.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#165 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

post-2832-0-07183400-1356744900.gif

I like where this is headed :D . Let us know when you're done fixing/tweaking to the point you want feedback or bug reports :) .

warning.jpg
A "Warning Points" tally?! :o Is it only viewable by one's self or am I the only one that gets one?? :P Seems a little intimidating... What happens when you start racking them up?

Edited by Sam., 28 December 2012 - 09:17 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#166 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

The warn level has always existed, it's just displayed slightly differently in this upgraded version of IPB. It's used for warning members who flagrantly break the rules, basically.

#167 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

...And then you get An Official Warning. By the way, people still get them, or was it just me?

#168 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

That actually is the official warnings :) Though they're not meant to be visible, they're just there so the staff can check if someone has been warned in the past and if so, why. Should be fixed now.

#169 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

A "Warning Points" tally?!
What browser are you using ? Cause I see non on mine(Firefox 17.0.1)... or it could be that I have it set on the permanent marker to the 666 in my forehead. :twisted: Edit, ouh K' went and hide them... never mind.
Ouh, and I noticed that with the update, the site was down for a bit(....totally understandable, but I didn't see it coming, as there was no announcement :tease: hmm... or this was a problem on my end), anyways the new posts tags are reset back to ... "28 December 2010".

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#170 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Ouh, and I noticed that with the update, the site was down for a bit(....totally understandable, but I didn't see it coming, as there was no announcement :tease: hmm... or this was a problem on my end), anyways the new posts tags are reset back to ... "28 December 2010".
I didn't know exactly what time I would be able to do the update, so any estimate/announcement prior to the fact would likely have been incorrect. It wasn't down for too long, though! :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#171 -Johnny-

-Johnny-

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I can't log in because it won't except my password.

If I do the "I forgot my password thing", it nevers sends an email.

If I try to reregister with a new username, I get email address is already in use, or words to that effect.

#172 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Can you send me an email at kae@spellholdstudios.net with your username? I'll sort you out :)

#173 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Can you send me an email at kae@spellholdstudios.net with your username? I'll sort you out :)

Thanks K'aeloree.  :new_thumbs:

#174 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

No problem!

#175 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

On both this page and this page, the [Downloads] link for IE Modding Tools is redirected to http://www.shsforums.net/files/ when it should go here.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#176 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Can we hope that CA site will appear again one day? I think there are others sites too.

#177 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Damn this announcement was a horrible mess of unevaluated html...

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#178 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Odd. I've fixed this particular post, will keep an eye on future imports.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#179 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Odd. I've fixed this particular post, will keep an eye on future imports.

HTML in posts (and not just new posts) still seems to be kinda screwy.  For example, thy hyperlink at the bottom of SHS: Numerous mod updates as well as the marquee in the first post of NearInfinity (which I haven't edited since last August) aren't working properly.  I tried editing the NearInfinity post to get the marquee working again, but was unable to.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#180 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'm having trouble opening most of the topics in the Fanart Challenge forum. I guess the number sign character (#) of the thread titles is the culprit, because it's also been used as part of their URLs.