• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#181 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

HTML in posts (and not just new posts) still seems to be kinda screwy.  For example, thy hyperlink at the bottom of SHS: Numerous mod updates as well as the marquee in the first post of NearInfinity (which I haven't edited since last August) aren't working properly.  I tried editing the NearInfinity post to get the marquee working again, but was unable to.
Marquee not working is a feature, not a bug, no matter the circumstance.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#182 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I can no longer get "new since my last visit" to load when looking for new posts; it resets to "last 24 hours," no matter which choice I make!

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#183 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

I ONLY have "New since my last visit" and can't change it to anything else.

#184 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

The download problem still exists and pause/resume download is not supported.

#185 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Erhm, yep, Jarno Mikkola here... I can't sign in, <_< and the worse part is my former Email account hasn't worked for a while now. :ermm: :crying:

Yep, made a few post as Imp, so...

Edit: I sent you the Email Kae.

Edited by The Imp, 02 April 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#186 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

How would you like me to proceed? Do you want me be The Imp, or Jarno Mikkola? Shoot me an email at kae@spellholdstudios.net and I'll sort you out.

#187 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1299 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

How can I locate the post to which an attachment is "attached"?  For instance this is the direct download link for the attachment, but how can I find its associated post on the forums?

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#188 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

There's no way to do that, as far as I know, I'm afraid! Sorry!

#189 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

A search with the file name brought me several answers with direct download links for the thread (TBGGPP was there, along with moscd and tiscd), but it also reference the thread where the links were. This may suit your need.

#190 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

"View new content" > "By time period" doesn't work. No matter what you choose, you will always end-up with "New since my last visit".
Erhm, for me it works perfectly... well to the limits of it's abilities to differentiate, as there's no "View only new content between this and that time period". And the default goes to the "New since my last visit", which I dislike so much that I bookmarked the "Past 24 hours" instead of the forum itself.
Yeah, the search should have more consideration for usability perhaps. So the search tags would have tics to set, and not overwrite all previous selections by default ... that the current links have. Yes, it can use text based searches, but those have to be manually input ... but with tics, one would use the tokens one selects and the search would be performed on their bases after the search button is used.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#191 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

It probably sounds stupid, but how do you bookmark "new in the last 24 hours"? Becase the default option is awful for me, too.

#192 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

"View new content" > "By time period" doesn't work. No matter what you choose, you will always end-up with "New since my last visit".

Where I, always and forever, am getting "Last 24 hours"  Want to swap?

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#193 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

I do, I do! :) Seriously, though, if there *is* a way to get a new default, I'd like to learn it very much.

#194 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

It probably sounds stupid, but how do you bookmark "new in the last 24 hours"? Becase the default option is awful for me, too.
You switch the link to this(you right click the link and go to definitions or something like that depending on your web browser):
 http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums&sid=12e298b00d933b5639d203bed4b446f5&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&period=today&userMode=&followedItemsOnly= 
And if you can't see that, just quote the message and you copy paste it from there. And then you might need to change this bit:
 &sid=12e298b00d933b5639d203bed4b446f5&search_app_filters 
To something different
Yeah, that's the link the link(yes, that's a link to a picture of the thing) contains actually. :devil: :devil: :devil:
And no, it doesn't sound anything awful, as it's a thing I had to learn first hand... well clicking and checking things like this was not my thing before, but apparently now it is.

Erhm and back to the problems, the IE Modding News autoposter has it's autowrite scematic a bit off as the forum formating between G3 and SHS is different (I don't want to even know how, but it is) which results with the links going wrong, making the whole thing a little redundent.
PS this is funny: &lt;i&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;

Ouh, and the code-tag doesn't remove the possible shortening of the texts... is this to prevent the google bots for example in their usage of the links ? EDIT: Erhm what just happened, this just autosolved itself after editing the post a few times... or K'aelore just wants to mess up my head.

Edited by The Imp, 23 April 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#195 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thanks!

#196 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yey, I got a "Upload Skipped (Error IO)" problem while I try to upload a file.. to this here thread.

Anyone else got this ?

#197 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1299 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Is it just me or has the SHS server been down for somewhere around a day?  Looks like the most recent posts were on 26 Aug 2013?

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#198 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Dont know about yesterday evening, but today morning (6H00 French time),the site was down...;)

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#199 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Yep, we were down for a while there. First major outage in a while, woo! It would have been fixed faster but SConrad was on an intercontinental flight.

#200 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

I hope his mobile phone was turned off.... :P

-Y-