• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

I looked again and didn't see what you're talking about - shadow only appears on one side of the resized BAM. Also, the BAM opens in BAM Workshop 1 but shows all frames as blank. I've noticed that for other animations - not sure what causes it. DLTCEP can display it - maybe it automatically corrects the errors, I don't know. I've also noticed that for BAM Resizer resized BAMs.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I looked again and didn't see what you're talking about - shadow only appears on one side of the resized BAM. Also, the BAM opens in BAM Workshop 1 but shows all frames as blank.

Hmm, might it be cause the .bam is compressed, as to the effect that the blank frames are replaced by the previous non blank one ?? Näh, I don't even know what's this is all about so... nän-nänänäänääää.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

I think a picture should illustrate what happens : frame 33 (resized bam) zoomed is attached.

Frame33.png

I must say that I am not the only one who faced this little glitch, which seems to be well known in the the french modders circle...

If you want to display it with Bam Workshop 1 : load it in DLTCEP, uncompress it (all the frames AND externally), save it, then compress it again.
That's the way I do every time I can't display the frames in BamWk 1 : it works 99 % of the time. Don't ask me why as I don't know ! ;)

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Ok, I see it now. I suspect it's some error in the bamresize.py formulae, but it would take a guru to figure out what or where it is.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

I think a picture shouIf you want to display it with Bam Workshop 1 : load it in DLTCEP, uncompress it (all the frames AND externally), save it, then compress it again.
That's the way I do every time I can't display the frames in BamWk 1 : it works 99 % of the time. Don't ask me why as I don't know ! ;)

Can you upload an example?  (A BAM out of bamresize and the one after recompressing it with DLTCEP?)

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#26 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Ok, I see it now. I suspect it's some error in the bamresize.py formulae, but it would take a guru to figure out what or where it is.

I think so and moreover this bug happens randomly !

Can you upload an example?  (A BAM out of bamresize and the one after recompressing it with DLTCEP?)

Ok : GWBatRes is the file out of Bamresize and GWBatDLT after being uncompressed and recompressed with DLTCEP.

Attached File  GWBat000.7z   63.95K   436 downloads

CARPE DIEM ....

#27 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think so and moreover this bug happens randomly !

Well, after hours of reverse engineering the differences between those two files, I'm pretty sure I figured out what the problem was and even how to fix it in bamresize.py.  However, when I uncomment the line Avenger_teambg suggested here (I think "#     main()" on line 675?) I get a syntax error.  I am also missing several imports (glob, os, re, etc.) so I can't run the python script.  Where do I get these?

Edited by Sam., 12 October 2013 - 12:55 AM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#28 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

Have you tried this link : http://www.python.or...nload/releases/ ?

CARPE DIEM ....

#29 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Have you tried this link : http://www.python.or...nload/releases/ ?

Now it runs but reports an elapsed time of 0.0 seconds and no resized file is produced...  I installed python 2.1.3 as it was the closest to the version bamresizer was written for.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#30 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think I had the same results with that - I asked Avenger if he did anything else special; hopefully he'll report here.

#31 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

You should also fix the resizeFrame function as shown.

Avenger

#32 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

If you want to display it with Bam Workshop 1 : load it in DLTCEP, uncompress it (all the frames AND externally), save it, then compress it again.

I think it is the rle compression, you don't have to save it, just uncompress all/compress all via the tool's menu.
dltcep has many built in error corrections, sometimes it performs these totally silently.

Edited by Avenger_teambg, 12 October 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Avenger

#33 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

You are right, but saving is just a security process I use. Useless I agree with you, but so comfortable for my mood !

CARPE DIEM ....

#34 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

You should also fix the resizeFrame function as shown.

That still doesn't change the fact that uncommenting the "main()" at the bottom throws a syntax error... :(

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#35 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Alright, give this a try.  I think all of the dependencies should now be included, so if it complains let me know so I can fix it.  Included is Avenger_teambg's modified resizeFrame function and my patch for making it compatible with BAMWorkshop.  Please let me know if it works :) .

Edit:  When I fixed the one problem I think it created a second, and I have a nagging suspicion when I fix it I'm going to find a third...

Edit2:  I think I fixed it.  Now using "-p 100" produces exactly the same output as the input (in my test case anyway).  See updated attachment.

Attached Files

Edited by Sam., 13 October 2013 - 12:21 AM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#36 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Cool. Does this need a particular version of python?

#37 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Cool. Does this need a particular version of python?

Well, it was originally (and still is) packaged with Python 2.1.1 (#20, Jul 26 2001, 11:38:51).  What I found and installed was Python 2.1.3 (#35, Apr 8 2002, 17:47:50) and it works with that version as well.  Beyond that, I don't know.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#38 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Cool !

Thanks a lot. I will test it today but before, just two questions :

1. There is no bamresize.exe file. When resizing a bam file, I use a bat file like that "bamresize -p 75 GWBATA1.bam". As I never used python, how to do the same command with your package ?

2. I already installed python 26 for Blender. Must I install python 2.1.1 somewhere on my HD to use your package ?

CARPE DIEM ....

#39 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Now it is "python.exe bamresize.py -p 75 GWBATA1.bam". There is no reason to install python on your system to run bamresizer because the python.exe (and hopefully all of the other dependencies that were missing before) that you need are already included in the archive.

Let me know if some frames are still being corrupted/pixels on the L & R are being switched (as I suspect they will since it is likely a seperate coding issue than the one I have already addressed). This is what I think is happening here: when a frame from a BAM is saved to a BMP, each row of pixels has to be padded with 0x00 to be a multiple of 4. I don't think bamresize is doing this, so when the frame data is sent to the the image library for resizing, it doesn't handel it properly and thus we get the rotated rows of pixels. The corruption seems random because the width of some frames happen to be a multiple of 4. IF this is indeed the case, I'm not sure I have a good enough understanding of python to be able to fix it... Maybe someone else will be willing to give it a try?

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#40 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Sam, YOU ARE MY SAVER !!! ;)

I only tested the new version to resize my Bat file to 75 % :

1. I can read it with Bam Workshop 1.

2. And maybe you should gain the title of "God" because of this miracle : NO MORE CROPPING AND REWRITING of the left part to the right !

A few months ago, it would have save me a lot of time. But I will now reuse it for my spell animations bam files. I will inform all the modders I was in touch with and who encountered this glitch they can get rid of their Photoshop scriptings to reduze the frame and use your new version.

When I tried to understand why the corrupted bams happened randomly, I was just sure that it happened 100 % when the frame width or length were odd numbers, and randomly when they were even...

CARPE DIEM ....